Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

SLi Support?

• 91 posts
    November 10, 2015 12:37 PM PST

Today, i checked my fav. Hardware-Webshop and took a look, "What could be my next Computer, in 2016?". My old Rig, the same Birthday as V:SoH (bought it, cause of this game, hehe), now getting old and i think, i need a replacement for it, next year. Anyway...

My Question is:

Will PRotF native support SLi?

• 154 posts
    November 10, 2015 1:13 PM PST

To be honest I don't know, but looking at the graphics I'm pretty sure an average single graphicscard these days would do fine on it.

• 9115 posts
    November 10, 2015 4:01 PM PST

We do plan on supporting SLI and Crossfire, but we will just have to wait and see how Unity handles their DX 12 implementation and changes along the way as that is out of our hands.

• 91 posts
    November 11, 2015 1:52 AM PST

Thanks for clearing that up, Kilsin :)

• 9115 posts
    November 11, 2015 5:12 AM PST

lyrina said:

Thanks for clearing that up, Kilsin :)

You're welcome Lyrina :)

• 399 posts
    October 1, 2017 8:51 PM PDT

Any update on this kilsin?

• 9115 posts
    October 1, 2017 11:05 PM PDT

Durp said:

Any update on this kilsin?

Not that I'm aware of mate, I will check with the team this week and find out for you guys.

• 3852 posts
    October 2, 2017 6:59 AM PDT

Good question - I am overdue for a new computer (by my historical standards) but am holding off because desktops aren't getting obsolete as fast as in the old days but also in part because of uncertainty on issues such as this.

Historically MMOs do not reward top tier graphics configurations. They normally give little or no benefit to linking multiple graphics cards and having large top of the line monitors produces a huge hit to performance without a corresponding improvement in how good things actually look. 

They cater to the mass market and it can be enormously difficult to have a game where people with low end systems can play quite well but people with high end systems see a distinct difference. 

The name "Vanguard" will come to mind for many of us in this context.

I do not expect Pantheon to be a game that one should have a 4K monitor or top of the line graphics card (or two linked almost top of the line cards) for. I expect people with linked cards to be able to play it (so in that sense it will support linked cards) but not necessarily for them to get significantly better performance than players with one good card. Sadly we are still so far from release that the question remains premature I am afraid - if pre alpha and later testing will take a year late 2018 is becoming optimistic.

• 1281 posts
    October 2, 2017 7:02 AM PDT

I'm more interested in the Unity 2017 enhanced multicore support and low level-apis like Vulkan or DX12. More people would benefit from that than SLI.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at October 4, 2017 10:02 AM PDT
    • 85 posts
    October 5, 2017 2:50 PM PDT
    Currently looking at Coffee Lake and day dreaming about a new build (particularly with Pre-Alpha coming soon). Curious to know about SLI support myself.
    • 278 posts
    October 5, 2017 3:14 PM PDT

Kurgon999 said: Currently looking at Coffee Lake and day dreaming about a new build (particularly with Pre-Alpha coming soon). Curious to know about SLI support myself.

Think you should wait to start that project when we enter beta as we dont know if it will support 1 or more cores and if it will be dx11 or dx12 and what kind of multi gpu it will be then and if its supported it may be that at launch we will be able to multi gpc as we wish so dont build to expensive or to soon.

• 85 posts
    October 5, 2017 3:19 PM PDT
    Well, Pantheon isn't the only game I play. Thanks for the advice though. Its more like the build simply has me curious about what support will Pantheon have built in.

Curiosity is free. And while I definitely do not demand an answer, if Kilsin is willing to give us one I will be happy for the info.
    • 278 posts
    October 5, 2017 3:34 PM PDT

Ahh

Then i7 8700 k is a good start and 1070 Ti is on the horizon it should be a decent match for that cpu match that with a decent m2 as root drive and decent memory you should get a decent gaming comp 

• 39 posts
    October 6, 2017 9:35 PM PDT

@Kilsin how about triple monitor support?  I know you guys use Unity3D which goes off of the windows desktop size but is there going to be support for this? I've seen a lot of games that have issues with the positioning of character and it not filling in all of the screen because it has not been drawn yet.

This post was edited by Insomnium at October 6, 2017 9:36 PM PDT
    • 35 posts
    October 7, 2017 1:13 AM PDT

Insomnium said:

@Kilsin how about triple monitor support?  I know you guys use Unity3D which goes off of the windows desktop size but is there going to be support for this? I've seen a lot of games that have issues with the positioning of character and it not filling in all of the screen because it has not been drawn yet.

This has been answered here: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2316/multi-monitor-support-and-16-10

• 9115 posts
    October 7, 2017 4:14 AM PDT

Avalon said:

Insomnium said:

This has been answered here: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2316/multi-monitor-support-and-16-10

Thank you :)