Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Crafting dyes as a Alchemist

• 179 posts
    September 27, 2015 8:36 AM PDT

Guildwars 2 has a pretty nice dye system that I think could be implemented differently into crafting recipes for an Alchemist. Pantheon could create different rare recipes common, uncommon, and even rare color dyes. In order to collect the material you could gather, discover them from trying out new things while crafting, or loot items from adventuring off from normal or elite mobs. 

The color of the box = rarity.

Equipment tab right clicking the dye will add it to your collection. Each piece of armor has three different dye positions that can be changed to any color you have collected.

• 148 posts
    September 27, 2015 11:45 AM PDT

EQ1 introduced armor dyes later on, and I think they were a nice addition but they didn't go into the depth that guildwars and other recent games do. It was just 1 overall color for your armor, and I think that works fine. But first I want the armors to be identifiable by view, and if changing their color would ruin that then I'd say no.

• 384 posts
    September 27, 2015 5:25 PM PDT

I would love to see some sort of dye skill implemented within alchemy or as a standalone skill. While I wait for Pantheon, lately I've been messing around with Project Gorgon and I really like the way so many different skills are interconnected (overall the dev has come up with a ton of great mechanisms within the game.)

The dye skill allows you to craft differerent color dyes and of course some are harder to come by than others but then to apply the dye to a piece of armor you have to have some skill in crafting that type of armor.  I have this awful yellow helm I can't dye cause I haven't worked with blacksmithing yet. I have a couple options, I can skill up my dye making, and blacksmithing with all the time and expense that goes along with it or I can try to find someone I can pay to do it for me. There are soooo many different skills to work on I'll probably just find someone. =)  Situations similar to this have already pushed me into having to interact with other players which is terrific!