Forums » The Skar

Trolls out?

• 416 posts
    September 24, 2015 2:33 PM PDT

With the lauch of the new website I noticed trolls weren't listed as a playable race anymore and they aren't shown on the "All Races" wallpaper.  I guess they're out?  Replaced by Skar?  Just wondering. :)

This post was edited by Malsirian at September 26, 2015 8:58 AM PDT
    • 645 posts
    September 24, 2015 3:44 PM PDT

Im thinking the Skar is just our version of Trolls

and honestly Im glad they did change them up. Hate Trolls but like the look and lore of the Skar

This post was edited by Sevens at September 26, 2015 8:58 AM PDT
    • 170 posts
    September 24, 2015 3:57 PM PDT
    Sevens said:

and honestly Im glad they did change them up. Hate Trolls but like the look and lore of the Skar

Tend to be of the same thought. Its just like the Jin were changed into Gnomes but not a typical gnome!

• 48 posts
    September 24, 2015 5:03 PM PDT

Maybe they will be added in later. The game is still in super development mode. I personally like the Ogres, but I really liked my Goblins in VGSOH!

• 48 posts
    September 24, 2015 5:04 PM PDT
    cram9030 said:
    Sevens said:

Tend to be of the same thought. Its just like the Jin were changed into Gnomes but not a typical gnome!

Oh yes the gnomes look way better than the traditional ones they look very mystical like a mix between Jin and what I imagine the Dwemer of Elderscrolls to looks like.

• 416 posts
    September 24, 2015 6:06 PM PDT
    Sevens said:

I wouldn't have minded if the Trolls were there but I also prefer the Skar, they seem to fit in better. The ogres don't seem out of place though. I suppose that's due to the great concept art. :)  If trolls are added I'm sure they wouldn't look out of place either.  I'll be playing a smaller race so it doesn't directly effect me anyway but I imagine others will be disappointed if they aren't there.

I do really like the design and lore of the gnomes too! :) 

• 173 posts
    September 24, 2015 6:37 PM PDT

From what I could tell so were Necro's out, unless they will be a subclass of one of the casters?

(They were probably never in, I only just noticed it with the revamped website)

• 645 posts
    September 24, 2015 7:14 PM PDT
    Boulda said:

From what I could tell so were Necro's out, unless they will be a subclass of one of the casters?

(They were probably never in, I only just noticed it with the revamped website)

Yeah, necros are confirmed out as well as bards....until an exspansion!

• 8583 posts
    September 24, 2015 8:00 PM PDT

We are still very early in development guys, these are the classes and races we are focussing on but I am sure you will see some more races and classes down the track as we progress, possibly after launch :)

• 195 posts
    September 24, 2015 10:39 PM PDT

I was thinking the Skar were more a race like the Iksar, rather than Trolls, especially the part about how Skar hate all and have no allies, good or evil, and used to be slaves (just like Iksar).

This post was edited by AgentGenX at September 24, 2015 10:40 PM PDT
    • 86 posts
    September 25, 2015 2:52 AM PDT

Is it me or the chiq representing the Elves look like Megan Fox? LOL The Skar race looks like a Klingon on really some high grade krokodil. (This my dear friends is a VERY VERY DANGEROUS street drug)

This post was edited by Azraell at September 26, 2015 10:21 AM PDT
    • 295 posts
    September 25, 2015 8:04 AM PDT

I thought the Skar took the place of the Trolls and the Archai took the place of the T'jinn.  I like the looks of the Skar right now and I am sure we will find out a lot more information as the game is developed.

• 19 posts
    September 26, 2015 8:36 AM PDT

While we're on this topic... I'm still holding out for a certain niche to be filled that Vanguard had yet this does not.  A bestial midget race~.  This game needs moar beasts!

Regardless of the lack of tails, the raki were such a perfect character/persona fit for me; tricky, animalistic and minute.  They are sorely missed, if even that's only on my part. :p  Then again, I think they (the small animal race slot)  do have something of an established rapport with potential players since just look at ratonga in EQ2; they were pretty popular, I dare say a lot more than halflings and maybe gnomes.

For the moment I think it's the Skar that are the only ones that appeal to me within this newest redraft (and props to their design guys); but I'm sorta through with that phase of playing big intimidating characters. >_>  Halflings don't do it for me because they're too humanoid (even though their lore speaks to me); not even like tarutaru/lalafell off of Final Fantasy since they have vaguely rodent-like affinities that I find... cute, I suppose, I don't think that's quite the right descriptor though.  There's a little more to that adoration than that.

Oh well, don't mind my meandering musings too much... it's just that my vanity can make such demands that it eventually steers me clear of games where I can't 'connect' with my avatar in the long run. ._.

• 8583 posts
    September 26, 2015 8:59 AM PDT
    ThreeBeastSmile said:

While we're on this topic... I'm still holding out for a certain niche to be filled that Vanguard had yet this does not.  A bestial midget race~.  This game needs moar beasts!

Regardless of the lack of tails, the raki were such a perfect character/persona fit for me; tricky, animalistic and minute.  They are sorely missed, if even that's only on my part. :p  Then again, I think they (the small animal race slot)  do have something of an established rapport with potential players since just look at ratonga in EQ2; they were pretty popular, I dare say a lot more than halflings and maybe gnomes.

For the moment I think it's the Skar that are the only ones that appeal to me within this newest redraft (and props to their design guys); but I'm sorta through with that phase of playing big intimidating characters. >_>  Halflings don't do it for me because they're too humanoid (even though their lore speaks to me); not even like tarutaru/lalafell off of Final Fantasy since they have vaguely rodent-like affinities that I find... cute, I suppose, I don't think that's quite the right descriptor though.  There's a little more to that adoration than that.

Oh well, don't mind my meandering musings too much... it's just that my vanity can make such demands that it eventually steers me clear of games where I can't 'connect' with my avatar in the long run. ._.

I loved my Raki Rogue (Kilsin) in VG!

• 8583 posts
    September 26, 2015 9:00 AM PDT

Ok, so Trolls have been officially changed to Skar now, just wanted to let you all know ;)

• 206 posts
    September 26, 2015 10:30 AM PDT

I like how to me the team used previous races for example a gnome and mixed it with a jin. And the Trolls with the Skar. I'm really exicted about the Halflings so far not because I always play one because I never have before. The Pantheon Halfing reminds me a lot of Kender which is a race I've enjoyed in many fantasy books. The halfling in Pantheon seems like a nice mix between the two races with an amazing back story.

• 86 posts
    September 26, 2015 6:56 PM PDT
    The nice thing about pantheon. If I remember right its portals/rifts wich has randomness to them. So if I am right then any race can be thrown into the world of terminus. At any given point..
    This post was edited by Azraell at September 26, 2015 6:57 PM PDT
    • 89 posts
    September 27, 2015 2:47 AM PDT

Darn it, while i like the look of the ogres and skar, i was excited about what Pantheon would do with their trolls, ah well.

• 24 posts
    October 7, 2015 12:33 PM PDT

I like how the Skar look too, I think they should have tails like an Iksar though. I think it completes the look.

• 242 posts
    February 1, 2016 1:31 AM PST

Well as someone who always plays Trolls I'm excited and bummed at the same time. I'm excited the Trolls (Skar) look cool because EQ2 made the fugly. But bummed that I don't get to look a little less intelligent. I mean I loved my Troll looked like a chubby green knucklehead. It was great as a Shaman, a Shadowkinght, a Warrior and a Beastlord. Nothing fancy like a Wizard, a Cleric or the smarties. But I have 100% faith in the crew that's making this not to bow down to the popular pretty folks only and give us so ugly cute knuckleheads to play. We are a niche group of gamers that want fantasy and immersion. I am sure that all classes and races will have a unique feel and starting area for both reliability and to meet everyone’s expectations.

This post was edited by Abacda at February 1, 2016 1:32 AM PST
    • 182 posts
    February 2, 2016 4:41 PM PST

I'm with ya on this one.  Something like a kobold/gnoll/goblin/orc.  Why not have a "fringe" beastie race or two ... Some low-caste work-camp or slave races.  Heavily penalized in faction and would need lots of work to be free-roaming.  You'd know going in that this/these race(s) would require tons of non-leveling, non exp work to wander the open world.  I'd love the challenge.

• 1228 posts
    February 12, 2016 7:44 PM PST

TravisR said:

I like how the Skar look too, I think they should have tails like an Iksar though. I think it completes the look.

You dare disgrace the Iksar.

• 300 posts
    April 2, 2016 3:37 PM PDT

hope they still come out with som kind of lizard race later on

• 12 posts
    August 29, 2016 6:05 PM PDT

I will miss my fugly green shammy :(

I sure hope the Skar have regen and can be Shaman!

-Chris

P.S. can't wait to canna-dance again!  It's been 15+ years.

This post was edited by trukk at August 29, 2016 6:06 PM PDT
    • 62 posts
    September 20, 2016 8:50 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Ok, so Trolls have been officially changed to Skar now, just wanted to let you all know ;)

good to know i wanted to kill me some trolls! i hope they will exist in the game ! :-P There is a pun in what i wrote hehe i hate trolls in all aspect :-P

This post was edited by Beez at September 20, 2016 8:52 AM PDT