Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Most Annoying Updates Ever

• 453 posts
    September 16, 2015 1:43 PM PDT

In most games when there is server downtime coupled with a game update you can expect things such as bug fixes, new content or game enhancements designed to make  the game better and more enjoyable to play. Every once in awhile though there is an update that seems to defy common sense and logic and sometimes alters the game so much in a perceived negative way that people end up leaving the game.

What are some of the worst updates you can think of that have occurred throughout the years? I remember a time when EQ was young when people kept complaining that the taunt ability of the warrior class was "broken" and needed some serious love. Instead of doing the logical thing and improving their taunt ability they decided to make the taunt ability that other melee classes had even worse. Because the other classes had an even more broken taunt while the warrior taunt remained the same this made things "all better" and now balanced .

I can think of many other examples such as when they nerfed the ranger AA ability archery mastery and thus made ranged combat no longer viable for rangers who wanted to dps from afar and be real rangers. I remember when they destroyed Star Wars Galaxies so badly that I left the game forever. I can think of many other examples but I will end for now and see what examples you guys have in store.

• 378 posts
    September 16, 2015 9:28 PM PDT

Every MMO I have played that has decided a cash shop was a good idea to add to their game. 

• 453 posts
    September 16, 2015 10:27 PM PDT
    Zandil said:

Every MMO I have played that has decided a cash shop was a good idea to add to their game. 

/agree