Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Favorite Emotes/Animations

• 67 posts
    August 16, 2015 10:54 PM PDT

We all like to have a good /laugh or maybe you just like to /dance.  Maybe someone disgusts you and you'd like nothing more than to /spit on them. 

Whatever the case, maybe you could share some of your favorite emotes/emote animations from the games you've played.  Maybe we can get some good ideas on the type of stuff we want to see in Pantheon.

• 557 posts
    August 17, 2015 4:56 AM PDT

I tried to come up with one absolute favourite and the list got completely out of hand.   If I had to just pick one, I'd have to go with /poke.   It's very handy when sneaking up on friends at crafting stations but most importantly for letting AFK group members that you're missing their contribution.

I do hope all emote animations are composable/combinable with custom /em messages for role play.  If seem to recall that EQ supported this so you could do something like this

/kneel drops to one knee and bows his head before %t.

Character animation shows me dropping to one knee or whatever the standard /kneel action is.  In game others near you see the message

"Celandor drops to one knee and bows his head before Aradune."

• 384 posts
    August 17, 2015 6:43 AM PDT

I use them all the time so, the more the merrier!

Have to agree with Celandor though it's really difficult to come up with just one. Probably my second most used emote is /poke and it's second to /wave. I seem to remember using /flex often too... usually after getting my butt kicked by something. :)

• 1778 posts
    August 17, 2015 7:05 AM PDT
    Its a bit rude but so funny. The /slap emote from XI.
    • 2138 posts
    August 17, 2015 8:47 AM PDT

the choise between formal and semi-formal curtsey. Semi-formal: taping the toe behind and a nod of the head with a small duck, formal: the graceful lunge exercise.

• 453 posts
    August 17, 2015 12:08 PM PDT

Vanguard, Female Halfling/Goblin/Gnome : /warcry (multiple times in a row while charging into battle)  /stomp /flex /mourn /cry /aha /giggle /ponder

• 89 posts
    August 18, 2015 7:04 AM PDT
    Jason said:

Vanguard, Female Halfling/Goblin/Gnome : /warcry (multiple times in a row while charging into battle)  /stomp /flex /mourn /cry /aha /giggle /ponder

I am with Jason on this one, /stomp with a gnome was my favorite. Picture a little gnome throwing a temper tantrum lol.

• 87 posts
    August 18, 2015 8:15 AM PDT

from Vanguard /Dustoff or /Ponder

• 595 posts
    August 18, 2015 9:52 AM PDT

/slap, not close.  Nothing better than running up on one of your friends, /slap, and running off without saying a word.  Talk about the ultimate hit and run.

• 753 posts
    August 18, 2015 8:02 PM PDT

I do like /slap.

I'd like to see a really well implemented /moon.

• 163 posts
    August 19, 2015 7:30 AM PDT

I use the /wave command a lot.

• 89 posts
    August 20, 2015 7:02 AM PDT

I would get creative with the /em command. Like with my Vulmane's I would respond to trash talk by doing /em Lifts his leg and pees on %TD

Did i mention the Vulmane were going to take over the world but the world ended too soon unfortunately.

• 89 posts
    August 20, 2015 7:05 AM PDT

Oh and my favorite furious warning from VG that a friend used was, %TO is furious the Baby is not his.

• 112 posts
    August 22, 2015 7:29 AM PDT

Maybe someone could help me.  Either I heard it in a game or I dreamt it o.O 

/charge as a gnome iirc?  character yells "Charge!!!! You go first"

Other than that, as long as a good amount of humor is used, I enjoyed most emotes from games.