Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Favorite MMORPG of all time?

• 453 posts
    July 18, 2015 9:34 AM PDT

Vote for your favorite MMORPG of all time:

https://www.pantheonrotf.com/polls/view/249/favorite-mmorpg-of-all-time

I voted Vanguard with EQ1 a VERY close second.

EDIT: FF stand for both FF games. Giving the FF franchise a small handicap ;)

This post was edited by Jason at July 24, 2015 10:00 AM PDT
    • 158 posts
    July 18, 2015 1:39 PM PDT

I feel like this is a weird question to ask here as the member base of this site is almost exclusively built up of fans of the two previous Brad Mcquaid mmorpgs. I would be extremely surprised to see anything else make a big dent on the poll around here.

• 453 posts
    July 19, 2015 5:08 AM PDT
    Mephiles said:

I feel like this is a weird question to ask here as the member base of this site is almost exclusively built up of fans of the two previous Brad Mcquaid mmorpgs. I would be extremely surprised to see anything else make a big dent on the poll around here.

This very well may be the case of course. Still, where I work for example, there people who never played VG or EQ who come to this site. People whose first game was WoW who have given up and want something more. These people won't even try P1999 because of the dated graphics. They are in search something new to fill their hollow souls. To some of them Pantheon is like this hidden underground secret and are getting excited at what they have been hearing and seeing. Therefore, it's possible the people who come here are more diverse than we think ..... or not .... one way to find out ;)

• 158 posts
    July 19, 2015 7:25 PM PDT
    Jason said:
    Mephiles said:

This very well may be the case of course. Still, where I work for example, there people who never played VG or EQ who come to this site. People whose first game was WoW who have given up and want something more. These people won't even try P1999 because of the dated graphics. They are in search something new to fill their hollow souls. To some of them Pantheon is like this hidden underground secret and are getting excited at what they have been hearing and seeing. Therefore, it's possible the people who come here are more diverse than we think ..... or not .... one way to find out ;)

Oh i'm sure there are some, I just think its likely to be an extreme minority on these forums. When the game gets closer to coming out I think you'll see more people who didnt experience everquest or vanguard take an interest but at the moment its mostly the hardcore fans of oldschool and specifically those two games that are sticking around while the game is still so far out and unproven.

• 384 posts
    July 20, 2015 8:09 AM PDT
    What about Asheron's Call?! :) That was actually my first MMO and after getting completely sucked into it we eventually moved on to EQ for a long time. But AC was my first so it holds a special place in my cold, dark, gaming heart. But still if I had to pick any previous MMO to start playing *right now* I think it would have to be VG.
    • 25 posts
    July 22, 2015 10:50 AM PDT

Flat out EQ/VG. I have played them all just about DOD, LOTR, WOW, GW1&GW2,Neverwinter, Aion, EQ2, AOC, SWTOR, Archeage, Rift, TESO, DCU, DAOC and no telling what else... nothing kept me wanting to stick around more than these 2 games. So sorry I had two Favorites!!! I do have my eye on one game besides Pantheon which is Bless and Its a Korean Game. I like strong Game Mechanics/Lore etc but i also love Exploring cities and Forests, Mountains, cliffs, waterfalls hidden caves, underwater environments etc etc, basically getting lost in the beauty and the world.. anyways if you seen any of the Bless Videos it will BLOW YOU AWAY when it comes to these type features or eye candy. For ex. mining  i want to be able to go get lost in Preexisting caves/caverns deep in some forest to mine copper, gold, jewels, whatever (Grappling hook to get around?)....or get lost in a huge city with indoor shops , bars, etc.. or boat ports  like Khal or Ahgram in Vanguard...like the one in Pantheons main cover art where ships are coming and going, fishing boats or fishing off peers for enjoyment, Hang out in area where everyone gathers at some time or another to trade, sell, buy your grand central station before heading off to Conquer something.  .. Huge Dungeons that could carry you thru lots levels and obtain gear etc, ex. EQ1 U/L Guk. OOT, Unrest. These kinds of places are Exciting and produce adventure. EQ and VG had alot of this I hoping for the next level.

Here is the site:

http://bless-source.com/  

watch some of the trailers of there cities etc absolutely ridiculous. This got me excited to play and made me think I hope Pantheon will even be more.

Hopefully this made sense and i wasn't rambling to much. Ideas/thoughts flashing thru my mind

This post was edited by Raven8Hawk at July 24, 2015 12:54 PM PDT
    • 132 posts
    July 23, 2015 3:57 AM PDT

Everquest all the way baby!

• 409 posts
    July 24, 2015 7:05 AM PDT

Go by most hours - EQ1, WoW, Anarchy Online

Go by most enjoyable hours - Anarchy Online, WoW, EQ1

Go by feeling of accomplishment - EQ1, Anarchy Online, WoW

But given where my nostalgia always ends up, either EQ1 or AO. Both have stuff that no other game can provide.

This post was edited by Venjenz at July 24, 2015 12:54 PM PDT
    • 595 posts
    July 24, 2015 9:06 AM PDT

EQ and Vanguard, not necessarily in that order.  There are some others that I have spent many, many hours playing (namely WoW and GW2) but these are both very different games than what I want from Pantheon and what makes EQ and Vanguard my favorites.

• 132 posts
    July 24, 2015 10:40 AM PDT

Damn I forgot Planetside 2! >_<

• 37 posts
    July 25, 2015 11:57 PM PDT
    I actually have to go with DAoC. It was my first real MMORPG love, and I'm a sucker for Celtic/Norse lore. I got into EQ way too late. :p