Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

How did you find Pantheon? Help Spread the word

• 50 posts
    March 22, 2015 11:21 AM PDT

Finding pantheon for me wasn't the easiest of path's and It took me a long time to realize the potential of this game.  A month ago I saw a thread on MMORPG.com about the dev roundtable and decided to give it a listen.  That spiraled into me watching their updated videos and finding out as much as I could about the project.  I was amazed to find a project that represented everything I wanted in a game.

So I have a two part question for the community.  

How did you discover Pantheon?

What gaming sites, podcast, or general news sites do you follow that haven't featured Pantheon?  Maybe dev's could reach out to them to get an article and spread the word.

This post was edited by DJay at March 22, 2015 6:26 PM PDT
    • 23 posts
    March 22, 2015 12:10 PM PDT

I started following Brad on Twitter when he left SOE, I had suspicions he was going to get smething going so i waited.

I had kept tabs on his other media, without stalking ;) , but just checking his pulse once in awhile and finally it happen, his first tweet about pantheon.

I was on board for kick starter from the start.

This post was edited by Borneheld at March 22, 2015 3:13 PM PDT
    • 52 posts
    March 22, 2015 1:06 PM PDT

I think I stumbled upon it well after the kickstarter while I was searching for EQ Next info.  I have been waiting for a company that has the guts to create a game like this since EQ Next is just another flavor of the current MMOs that doesn't interest me very much.

• 1434 posts
    March 22, 2015 2:43 PM PDT

Like Borneheld, I caught it on twitter (Brad is like 1 of 3 people I actually follow on twitter, rofl).

At this point I feel like the best way to spread the word is to mention it on the larger gaming forums like on mmorpg.com.  Also, vote you heart on the hype meter on mmorpg.com's Pantheon page.  http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1006/view/hype .  Theres currently very few people who have actually voted on the game, so until the real fans do so, the wandering gamers of old will likely never know about it.

I'm pretty sure more people frequent that website looking for upcoming and current mmorpgs than anywhere else.  In the last 6 months, old school players have been appearing with alarming frequency, voicing their discontent with the current state of the genre.  People are screaming for a game like Pantheon, and yet still many don't know it exists.  Keeping these discussions on main page's section for recent posts will give Pantheon a lot of visibility.

This post was edited by Dullahan at March 22, 2015 3:13 PM PDT
    • 50 posts
    March 22, 2015 3:22 PM PDT

Agreed I highly suggest everyone hype this game http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1006/view/hype  .  It will help promote the title and create buzz.

• 154 posts
    March 22, 2015 3:51 PM PDT

I actually went back to my parents over Christmas and found my old copy of Vanguard in some stuff I left with them when I moved to the west coast. I remembered Vanguard had gone to a free to play but if you had an account you could get access to you previous characters so I wanted to try it. Until I found out it had been shut down but on the google news when I was searching Vanguard Pantheon came up! 

• 383 posts
    March 22, 2015 6:54 PM PDT

Found it via kickstarter, not sure who told me about it.

I tried to Hype the game over at MMOPRG and even though my account is years and years old... I get the below lol...

Rate Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

Your Rank is too low

Your user rank of 1/100 is not high enough to hype games yet. We require that members have at least a 5/100 rank to hype our games. This helps prevent abuse of our hype system. Achieving this rank is fairly easy and only requires minimal activity with our site.

For more information on how your rank is generated, please view this topic in our FAQ. You can check your rank at any time by visiting the Your Account Settings page.

• 1434 posts
    March 23, 2015 1:50 AM PDT

To raise you rank you have to post once in a while on their forums.  A few posts in the Pantheon section would probably get you up to 5, and help keep discussions moving along.

• 148 posts
    March 23, 2015 6:57 AM PDT

Brad made a comment about a year before the Kickstarter about a new project , so I started following and waiting for information then. Then donated for the Kickstarter and have been here since

• 201 posts
    March 23, 2015 7:22 AM PDT
    jimm0thy said:

Brad made a comment about a year before the Kickstarter about a new project , so I started following and waiting for information then. Then donated for the Kickstarter and have been here since

I was in the same boat,  I remember Brad mentioning something about a new MMO, and the article said something about EQ.  So I randomly started browsing KS for new MMOs when I came across the campaign.  Greatest fine on KS for me.

• 23 posts
    March 23, 2015 3:32 PM PDT
    Rivacom said:
    jimm0thy said:

I was in the same boat,  I remember Brad mentioning something about a new MMO, and the article said something about EQ.  So I randomly started browsing KS for new MMOs when I came across the campaign.  Greatest fine on KS for me.

yeah, that was the same tweet I seen originally, then a few months later the Pantheon Kick starter was announced.

• 118 posts
    March 26, 2015 4:32 PM PDT

The good folks over at P1999 introduced me to Pantheon with their promotional efforts around the kick starter.