Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Learning Abilities

• 201 posts
    March 25, 2015 6:45 AM PDT
    Velmeir said:
    Xanier said:

Rivacom said:

"And this is the point of a lot of other threads on this forum.  If VR is aiming for the Niche game,  The niche games are/were a lot more social and interactive then some of the modern MMO's now.  EQ most of the time was about teaming up with other players.  If you want to solo something, your going to get solo results.  Not saying solo players can't exist, but I don't see a ton of reason to play solo.  Usually the end game for a MMO is to get high end gear, defeat content, and have fun.  Only way I  see the experience being enjoyable is with a group of friends(ie: Guild)."

I agree with you.  The other thing the group mentality and the need for group mentality creates is a self policing environment.  I cannot stand the stupidity, filth and immaturity that comes from trade chat and general chat in WoW.  Gamer Ganksta wannabees.   That didn't happen in the EQ Golden years and when it did it was one or two people who were ostracized because of it.  It was to your betterment to be a good person and helpful to others.  A MMO that is reliant on group play creates players reliant on others in their guild and beyond.

Yes, those were the good years. your reputation were everything back then. it is missed for sure. With good reputation comes "good" behavior, which is for me in today's world, is severally lacking as no one takes responsibility for anything, even their own actions..

Vel.

Not to go too off topic,  but those were the days.  In WoW,  I can't tell you the last time I added someone to my friends list..  There is just no reason to.  In EQ, if someone helped me in a dungeon or to get my corpse or anything.  I would add them to my friends list and I would actually write it down in a little notebook I had, and then I would tell them to do the same if they ever needed anything.  Because we made the initial social connection, it aids us both in future activities in the even we need help.  So really I don't see any reason not to make some spells more difficult to make without someone else helping you out.