Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Armor Types / classes

• 378 posts
    March 12, 2015 4:14 PM PDT

Has it been discussed what types and how many Armour types there will be in Pantheon ?

From the new podcast it sounds like there is a light and heavy plate style ?

The most basic is Light, Medium and Heavy

Will we be breaking this down further into sub categories any further ?

I like the idea of Heavy = full plate and Light plate

Medium = Leather and mail

Light = still working on it. 

• 106 posts
    March 12, 2015 5:15 PM PDT

Light IMO would be cloth and maybe a silk material that has imbued powers ;)

Always loved this style and limiting it to certain classes

• 31 posts
    March 12, 2015 7:01 PM PDT

Druids will be nude because they don't want to have to replace their clothes every time they turn into a bear

This post was edited by Heskel at March 13, 2015 11:47 AM PDT
    • 378 posts
    March 12, 2015 7:12 PM PDT
    Ephemeros said:

Druids will be nude because they don't want to have to replace their clothes every time they turn into a bear

I thought they went nude due to the whole nature, hippy and everything should be free thing ? 

• 238 posts
    March 12, 2015 7:22 PM PDT

I really hope that things like scouts needing plate or clerics needing cloth armor isn’t a thing. Always a downer in games when your warrior roles on chain because he is building a DPS specialized gear set even though its clearly not meant for his class.

• 671 posts
    March 12, 2015 10:24 PM PDT

There really wasn't an armor type in EQ. (light/medium/heavy)

Cloth

Leather

Leather Padded

Leather Studded

Ring Mail

Scale Mail

Chain Mail

Splint/Banded Mail

Plate Mail

In EQ each item, had it's own lore... 

Ry'Gorr Armor could be worn by all races & all classes. Wizards looked unique in it... but offered little in stats. Too heavy for a Monk, etc. Not enough AC for any melee.

Yes Wizard wore cloth..   but that wasn't a Class thing, it was solely limited by the fact, that items Wizard found to wear, were only cloth. Until they found items that weren't..

This post was edited by Hieromonk at March 13, 2015 4:45 AM PDT
    • 753 posts
    March 13, 2015 4:45 AM PDT

I've always been good with a simple cloth, leather, chain, plate type of breakdown.... that's 4 categories.  I can see light, medium, heavy - because that simplifies it a bit down to 3, but "light", "medium", and "heavy" seem sooo much less fantasy than cloth, leather, etc...

And - what Hieromonk said... it's fun to not always have harsh designations on everything. 

• 201 posts
    March 13, 2015 6:42 AM PDT
    Hieromonk said:

There really wasn't an armor type in EQ. (light/medium/heavy)

Cloth

Leather

Leather Padded

Leather Studded

Ring Mail

Scale Mail

Chain Mail

Splint/Banded Mail

Plate Mail

In EQ each item, had it's own lore... 

Ry'Gorr Armor could be worn by all races & all classes. Wizards looked unique in it... but offered little in stats. Too heavy for a Monk, etc. Not enough AC for any melee.

Yes Wizard wore cloth..   but that wasn't a Class thing, it was solely limited by the fact, that items Wizard found to wear, were only cloth. Until they found items that weren't..

This is how I pictured it too.  Not so much class limited but based on a need.  Obviously someone with zero strength would be able to hold too many Plate items before being encumbered.