Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Quest Fun: Idol of Passage

• 163 posts
    March 9, 2015 1:12 PM PDT

I was bored at work today and started writing my own idea of a quest. I was wondering if anyone liked it or wanted to help me finish it?

Concept art professionally done by me :D

Item: Idol of Passage

Lore: You feel protected by the spirit of the idol; the peacekeeper watches over you.

Effect: This higher level item will grant it’s wielder an indifferent faction level to the following NPC races.

The Archai

The Dark Myr

The Dwarves

The Elves

The Gnomes

The Halflings

The Humans

The Ogres

The Trolls

Quest Script:

Chapter 1:

Gadgets: Hail, Uhaynaten the Peacekeeper (NPC). (Con: Indifferent)

NPC: Hail and well met, Gadgets. These are troubled times throughout the lands of Terminus; the fight for order continues and the struggle between races grows by each moons passing. (Brad only designed 3 starting cities and we are squishing each other!).  With stride and effort, balance can be achieved and possibly be the start towards bringing unity to our new world.  I possess certain powers, but I would need your help.

Gadgets: What powers?

Uhaynaten the Peacekeeper (NPC): Many moons ago, before our start here on Terminus, an idol was crafted in the fires of Hathen’s Crawl from the beasts who inhabit these lands.  However, during the battles to occupy Terminus, it was destroyed in an effort to sabotage peace.  These saboteurs, native to these lands, still lurk in the shadows and should we find them, It’s rumored they possess the pieces to restore the idol back to it’s working form. I possess the powers to unite the pieces, but it will take a warrior to recover them. If only I could find someone willing to seek out the unjust.

Gadgets: I am willing.

Uhaynaten the Peacekeeper (NPC):  This is great news! I often wondered when a warrior would come forth to help restore power to the idol.  There are others who share our enthusiasm to mend the dismantled factions that plague Terminus. One guard stands out in particular, just outside the city gates he seemed to be with us in the fight for order. I think he knows more. Bring him this token of good faith and inform him that I have sent you.

Chapter two:

*at this portion the player must seek out a guard of either evil faction or good faction to begin chapter two. These two guards will be positioned outside the gates (relative to world design) and will be noticeable by his ‘con’ level being friendlier than the other guards of his race. Or something in his name can indicate his relevance. For the sake of this story, I will make this a guard of evil faction.*

Gadgets: Hail, An Ogre Guard (NPC)(Con: Indifferent).

An Ogre Guard (NPC): Gadgets, shhh. I shouldn’t be associating myself with the likes of you. My commander will be back anytime now. I only wish peace and order were restored in Terminus. I’ve heard rumors of an attack, one this city can’t afford. If only I could find a warrior who could be trusted.

Gadgets: What attack? You can trust me.

An Ogre Guard (NPC): If only I could find a warrior who could be trusted.

*Player can turn the item in to An Ogre Guard (NPC). *

An Ogre Guard (NPC):  Uhaynaten the Peacekeeper (NPC) sent you? Why didn’t you say so. A friend of his is a friend of mine. I’m glad you have come, we could use a warrior to help the cause.  I’ve heard whispers and have seen movements in these woods (or mountains etc.). He lurks in the shadows, I’ve seen him.  The Ratliff Saboteur runs rampart and his comrades’ move closer. This city can’t afford another attack. My commander won’t secure the gates, and I fear their approach is nearing. If you’re up to the task, bring me a (50 gold?) and we can use it to lure him out.

*Player can turn in (50 gold coins?) to An Ogre Guard (NPC).*

An Ogre Guard (NPC):  Here they come, prepare for battle, defend these gates! Restore order!

*Some type of group encounter occurs*

Loot items:

The Ratliff Femur

Lore: This bone appears to have etchings. It seems it could be part of a greater construction.

Tattered note

Lore:Found in battle against The Ratliff Saboteur.  It’s difficult to make out the writings. The guards must be warned.

Reads: … slip by… commanders… off watch… more guards… just…take these cities…. 

*at this juncture, It is intended that the player realizes that there is another encounter and another guard to be sought out.

This quest would progress .

2 more guard encounters.

Items: Rib Bone

Items: Vertebrate

2 Named Dragon Encounters

Item: dragons claw.

Item: Dragon Eye

1 Named Griffon Encounter

Item: Griffon Feather

This post was edited by Gadgets at March 10, 2015 1:53 PM PDT
    • 179 posts
    March 10, 2015 11:23 AM PDT

I like the idea and would love to see others attempt the same thing!

• 106 posts
    March 10, 2015 1:54 PM PDT
    Loved the storyline man, totally falls in line with the current lore, and lots of awesome benefits.

Great work!