Forums » General Guild Discussion

Guild Discussion

• 8627 posts
    March 9, 2015 4:51 AM PDT

This idea was taken from a very good post in the general section and I wanted to continue it further here, so we can build on some idea's to try and get the right guild system implemented for our game.

This was the original post I made, with a cached copy of a single post from a very long thread of great idea's over at pjpantheon which has now shut down again.

For me personally, I believe the guild doesn't need to gain levels and experience or have alliances artificially included, for me the fun and reward is in the guild itself and the members.

You are united under one name and that should fill you with pride and make you want to be the best you can be while interacting with other players or your guild members.

I remember seeing other guild systems with experience gained buffs and level structures for doing guild quests and overcomplicated things that were tacked on to promote being in a guild but back in the old days, we didn't need incentive other than to be surrounded with like minded players who shared similar goals in game and we formed bonds and friendships on that alone, plus it was always cool to have friendly help on call via guild chat.

Chat channels and the ability to create your own is pretty much the only tools you need to create alliances with other guilds, that and guild/alliance websites created by those guilds and their members but adding to the guild system by including these things for me, takes the fun out of the guild itself and all the politics, challenges and experiences you get from being part of that guild.

This is of course personal opinion and from my experience leading guilds in different games. I believe if you allow guild to be created by having minimum of 4-6 players in a group (to stop guild creation spam and taking names etc.) and allowing chat tabs and good options, a good UI interface and good tools for guild leaders/members to use to keep track of each other and their progress and communication, then other guilds will create chat channels to stay in touch, create alliances and work together via diplomatic means, which adds to the whole experience of being in a guild.

I had a very detailed post over at pjpantheon.com about this very subject with some great input from the community that listed bullet points on what should be included for guild tabs, UI functions etc. but it appears as if the site is down again now, so I can't retrieve it to show you. (I was able to find a cached version to paste below)

The game is being created with groups and raiding in mind, so we will need to get guilds right without breaking away from our simplistic and harsh theme carried over from EQ and VG. I personally do not want many bells and whistles, just a really well thought out tab, UI, options for leaders/members and the ability to communicate via player created chat channels, the rest the guild and it's members do themselves.

Pasted from pjpantheon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really hope there is something like this done properly for guilds, since this game is going to be largely group based, guilds will be a very important part of the game and the community as a whole.

If we learn from mistakes other games have made and build on the good features we have come across, I believe we can implement something that will work well in game and allow easy set-up and management of a Pantheon guild.

Must Haves:

• • Ranking Structure - Guild Leader, Raid Officer, Officer, Recruiter etc
    • Permission system - preferably with a lot of toggle options for different ranks
    • Easy to use interface - Nice simple layout that possibly incorporates a tab system
    • Guild Management Tab and Menu
    • Raid Management Tab and Menu
    • Find a Guild list/tab/page - Advertising and easy to use interface for anyone to search for any guild and see if any recruiters are online...ask questions or just enquire about Guild needs
    • Notes - allow us to make notes next to members names, tag as alt/main/recruit/date etc
    • Coloured name tags - In guild chat, coloured name tags help separate Guild Leader/Officer/Member chat
    • Guild Chat Channels - Officer chat, Members chat etc
    • MOTD - Guild Message of the day broadcast to the member upon login
    • Member Information
    • Member log on alert (Toggle)
    • Guild Description/Info (drop down selection of countries to display your guilds base country)
    • Show Guild member status (Tab/Toggle)
    • Show Guild members offline (Tab/Toggle) - Time/Day/Date of last login
    • Show Guild members alts (Tab/Toggle)
    • Tag someone as an Officer/Recruiter (Toggle) - Management/Leader option
    • Points/DKP system (Tab) - This can be just a blank box that can be written in for Dkp or similar
    • Name/Level/Class/Location/Crafting/Diplomacy/Harvesting descriptions and levels (Tab/Toggle)
    • Ability to edit and reorder Ranks and names for Guild Leader/Officer/Recruit etc
    • Guild Calendar (Tab) - editable boxes that are dated with a simple time format system or even just a blank box with date to allow guilds to upload/log guild events for all members to see and prepare for.
    • Pre-Launch Guild Set-up - Allowing for easy transition into the game on the same server
    • Player/Guild Stats page - Similar to Vanguard Players page but without the disco photo or any other issues that caused it to be taken down, this was valuable to guilds, allowing us to check players alts, gear, stats etc
    • Guild History (Tab/Mouse over name) – Shows a list of dates and guild names joined and left

Tab = Own tab to display information

Toggle = Toggle option to turn on/off at members discretion

Please share your thoughts, I would like to especially hear from fellow guild leaders, to see what has worked for you in the past or what you would like to see, my points above are just my personal opinion and a starting point for discussion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That is what I posted over at pjpantheon back on the 27th Jan 2014.

This post was edited by Kilsin at March 10, 2015 6:26 PM PDT
    • 301 posts
    March 9, 2015 5:16 AM PDT

Great post, and I agree. There doesn't need to be any guild exp, levels, guild wide buffs ect. These artificial incentives are not what makes guilds great. Being in a guild is about being part of a community who you enjoy playing with.

I really like what features you have listed. If the game had all of those, the guild system would be awesome. I especially like the idea of the dkp counter included in the guilds window. It seems simple, but it will make it so you don't have to go to an external website every time you need to see someone's dkp.

Guild Calendar is also a good idea. But it maybe more complicated to implement, I have no idea.

• 337 posts
    March 9, 2015 6:06 AM PDT

I like and agree with most of items listed except:

- Coloured name tags - In guild chat, coloured name tags help separate Guild Leader/Officer/Member chat.  I am not a fan of this, if the game is going to have multiple chat channels with color filters for said channels, this is going to be cumbersome.   Your chat window is going to become a veritable kaleidoscope.  If you have been in a guild for any period of time, you will know who your officers and leaders are.  If you really feel the need to differentiate in chat, I would rather have an [O] or [GL] preceding their name than have a different color; one standard color for all guild chat only please.

- Member log on alert. Only if you can toggle on/off or filter to another window.  Too much spam with 50+ members and alts.  If the guild management window can toggle all/online/offline then that would be the better option.  This drives me nuts in WoW.

- Points/DKP system - This can be just a blank box that can be written in for Dkp or similar.  Interesting idea, but i see this as something that will just clutter up the guild management tool and require people to update the guild roster manually with data that will be housed, tracked and accessed elsewhere, don't see this being used unless you build an in-game DKP system that does all the work for us and allows us to set the parameters and automatically tracks loot.  Then that would be a pretty badass system!

-Guild Calander - I have never been in a guild in a game that used a calendar with any kind of success, most of the members either ignored it or marked tentive for events.  I know some people might find great use for it, but sounds like a lot of work for little bang.

Another addition i would like to see:

A guild information tab that has multiple boxes that can be used for other guild information that doesn't change as much as a MOTD would: website URL, VOIP server information, etc.

This post was edited by Reht at March 9, 2015 8:44 AM PDT
    • 8627 posts
    March 9, 2015 6:57 AM PDT
    Reht said:

I like and agree with most of items listed except:

- Coloured name tags - In guild chat, coloured name tags help separate Guild Leader/Officer/Member chat.  I am not a fan of this, if the game is going to have multiple chat channels with color filters for said channels, this is going to be cumbersome.   Your chat window is going to become a veritable kaleidoscope.  If you have been in a guild for any period of time, you will know who your officers and leaders are.  If you really feel the need to differentiate in chat, I would rather have an [O] or [GL] preceding their name than have a different color; one standard color for all guild chat only please.

- Member log on alert. Only if you can toggle on/off or filter to another window.  Too much spam with 50+ members and alts.  If the guild management window can toggle all/online/offline then that would be the better option.  This drives me nuts in WoW.

- Points/DKP system - This can be just a blank box that can be written in for Dkp or similar.  Interesting idea, but i see this as something that will just clutter up the guild management tool and require people to update the guild roster manually with data that will be housed, tracked and accessed elsewhere, don't see this being used unless you build an in-game DKP system that does all the work for us and allows us to set the parameters and automatically tracks loot.  Then that would be a pretty badass system!

-Guild Calander - I have never been in a guild in a game that used a calendar with any kind of success, most of the members either ignored it or marked tentive for events.  I know some people might find great use for it, but sounds like a lot of work for little bang.

Another addition i would like to see:

A guild information tab that has multiple boxes that can be used for other guild information that doesn't change as much as a MOTD would:

website URL, VOIP server information, etc.

Just to clarafy those points for you:

Coloured name tags is exactly like we had in VG, just the name is a different colour, not the text, just basically two colours, a nice subtle Gold for Guild Leader(s) name and White for Officers name, that's it mate, just to separate the normal colour names in chat for members so when an officer or guild leader spoke, people would see a Gold or White name (with normal coloured guild text like everyone else) and know to either pay attention or ignore and continue talking amongst themselves, it worked very well in VG and was very useful during groups/raids where an important message needed to be sent so members involved didn't have to sift through a lot of guild text/chat to find the message if we were doing split groups out of raid or coordinating between guild members and other officers.

I have used letters before like [GL] and [O] and they get confused and mixed into the name and lot's of chat, for quick and easy communication, colours (literally 2) have worked best and are none intrusive, other guild members can read it but the ones who it is intended for can get the info very quickly and act accordingly.

Member log on is a toggle option, I just forgot to update the list from the other thread ;)

Calendar is very useful, whether you use them or not, guild leaders and officers can organise raids, groups, events etc. without having to go out of game and use forums or calendar apps, this is even more useful for casual guilds who run server events often so members can ignore it and never know it's there but it is a valuable tool for guild management and social guilds running events. 

This post was edited by Kilsin at March 9, 2015 8:44 AM PDT
    • 77 posts
    March 9, 2015 7:20 AM PDT

I like what you have listed Kilsin.  I too am concerned with the calendar. Rift had almost the exact same set up for their guild base, and it worked out really good, also instead of having a calendar they had a place where anyone from the guild could put up anything they wanted if they wanted help with a quest, or were going to do a particular project that someone else might need they could converse back and forth with other members instead of relying on a person logging on or checking the forums. I guess I would have to see the Calendar to envision it, but it could be a nice feature. It would definitely save on cost for guilds that don't want to run a website and such. 

• 502 posts
    March 9, 2015 7:48 AM PDT

Good thoughts everyone. Kilsin I like the direction and thought you are putting into guilds.  As I  have mentioned in the past, guilds are really a strong glue that hold players together and actually encourage players to play more, so I am very happy to see that a lot of thought is being placed on guild design in Pantheon.

I would suggest that you expand on "• Show Guild members offline (Tab/Toggle)" by allowing the UI to show how long the guild member has been offline.

This post was edited by Zarriya at March 9, 2015 8:45 AM PDT
    • 8627 posts
    March 9, 2015 7:57 AM PDT
    Zarriya said:

Good thoughts everyone. Kilsin I like the direction and thought you are putting into guilds.  As I  have mentioned in the past, guilds are really a strong glue that hold players together and actually encourage players to play more, so I am very happy to see that a lot of thought is being placed on guild design in Pantheon.

I would suggest that you expand on "• Show Guild members offline (Tab/Toggle)" by allowing the UI to show how long the guild member has been offline.

Great suggestion and added.

I had thought of adding little description for these but I would like to hear from you guys and girls, so we can add to it as we go and build a solid list together, then we can hassle the Devs (I'm looking at you Dan!) to implement as much as possible without breaking anything! lol ;)

• 337 posts
    March 9, 2015 7:58 AM PDT
    Kilsin said:

Coloured name tags is exactly like we had in VG, just the name is a different colour, not the text, just basically two colours, a nice subtle Gold for Guild Leader(s) name and White for Officers name, that's it mate, just to separate the normal colour names in chat for members so when an officer or guild leader spoke, people would see a Gold or White name (with normal coloured guild text like everyone else) and know to either pay attention or ignore and continue talking amongst themselves, it worked very well in VG and was very useful during groups/raids where an important message needed to be sent so members involved didn't have to sift through a lot of guild text/chat to find the message if we were doing split groups out of raid or coordinating between guild members and other officers.

I have used letters before like [GL] and [O] and they get confused and mixed into the name and lot's of chat, for quick and easy communication, colours (literally 2) have worked best and are none intrusive, other guild members can read it but the ones who it is intended for can get the info very quickly and act accordingly.

Ok, i missed the name tags, that sounds a lot better.  The bolded part actually touches on something i thought about bringing up.  That should be addressed through the use of a raid management tool and/or a raid channel.  We never use guildchat for raid commands, ever, it's always raid chat in order to prevent what you just mentioned.  I would rather see an intuitive raid management tool than a guild management tool as a priority.  I am an officer and one of the raid leaders in one of EQ's remaining top raiding guilds (have been in the same position in many other games over the last decade, except for VG) and we fight that system and its limitations every raid.

This post was edited by Reht at March 9, 2015 8:45 AM PDT
    • 8627 posts
    March 9, 2015 8:03 AM PDT
    Reht said:
    Kilsin said:

Ok, i missed the name tags, that sounds a lot better.  The bolded part actually touches on something i thought about bringing up.  That should be addressed through the use of a raid management tool and/or a raid channel.  I would rather see an intuitive raid management tool than a guild management tool as a priority.  I am an officer and one of the raid leaders in one of EQ's remaining top raiding guilds (have been in the same position in many other games over the last decade, except for VG) and we fight that system and its limitations every raid.

Yeah I hear you man, most games only give basic options and it is a struggle for Guild Leaders and Officers to manage it properly, especially when you are talking about managing 50-500 other adults for multi events, divisions of the guild, raids, groups, helping/training/recruiting etc.

Being able to have separate Management tabs for Raids, Groups and the Guild in general would be very valuable, just not sure how far we can push this but I will add it to the list, worse we can do is ask and be told it can;t be done ;)

There is chat channels that members can create and toggle options on/off to filter out anything except raid chat if they want but a management tab for Leaders/Officers would be very helpful.

This post was edited by Kilsin at March 9, 2015 8:46 AM PDT
    • 831 posts
    March 9, 2015 8:37 AM PDT

I believe that artificial systems included in a game to "promote guild activity" - things like leveling your guild, weekly guild dungeon quests, etc... all serve to mask the fact that there isn't enough depth of content for the guild to keep themselves busy with.

That is - those things are "Look, we know you are going to run out of stuff to do... so go do this!" content.

If the game is challenging and compelling, guilds will form based upon how much the players in the guild want to invest in tackling that content.  There will be everything from very casual "I only want to group" guilds - to top end "raid 6 nights a week" guilds.

I agree that there needs to be a very rich set of guild management tools... but if there ever needs to be "go do this stuff we point out to do together" content - the game will have bigger problems than guild management tools.

• 8627 posts
    March 9, 2015 8:43 AM PDT
    Wandidar said:

I believe that artificial systems included in a game to "promote guild activity" - things like leveling your guild, weekly guild dungeon quests, etc... all serve to mask the fact that there isn't enough depth of content for the guild to keep themselves busy with.

That is - those things are "Look, we know you are going to run out of stuff to do... so go do this!" content.

If the game is challenging and compelling, guilds will form based upon how much the players in the guild want to invest in tackling that content.  There will be everything from very casual "I only want to group" guilds - to top end "raid 6 nights a week" guilds.

I agree that there needs to be a very rich set of guild management tools... but if there ever needs to be "go do this stuff we point out to do together" content - the game will have bigger problems than guild management tools.

Spot on mate, that is my thoughts exactly, I see it as a cheap gimmick to hide the fact that the game lacks content or real meaning, that won't be a problem in Pantheon though so guilds can focus on the game and managing themselves ;)

• 106 posts
    March 9, 2015 9:02 AM PDT

I'm someone that enjoys guild benefits, guild customization, a clean UI, etc. I don't feel as if they take away from the game in anyway, but rather, enhance the guild atmosphere by itself. Simple is fine with me. But, guilds are an area where I feel there can be vast improvements.

• 502 posts
    March 9, 2015 9:22 AM PDT

So now here is an issue  that I really can see pros and cons to:  Allowing for multiple guild leaders if a guild so chooses.

Eq2 has it. You can make one person a leader, 2 people or everyone!  One smaller (20` people) guild I joined for a few months in Eq2 actually gave permissions for everyone to be a leader and it worked - it promoted a sense of equality among everyone.  Too risky for me to do with my larger guild lol   but I will never forget that. 

Khayos and I usually co-lead Quixotic.  It works well for us, but we also trust each other very well. So I like Eq2's system - instead of me taking the next rank down, and having to wait for Khay to log in to perform certain tasks that only he as the game recognized guild leader - I can manage it completely too.  It allows more flexibility for us especially when one needs to work or go on vacation.  Thankfully we have both been healthy, but if one of us fell ill we wouldn't have to worry about guild leadership in the meantime.  There are other types of guilds that would benefit from this feature, for example council run communities.

Eq2 has a very robust guild system that requires a lot of managing. I spoke about how it is an advantage for Khay and I to share the workload, stability, authority and responsibility of a guild.  There is also a lot of risk for a guild to do so and I saw it occasionally in  1-9 chat or whispers from players about how a council member/co-leader "stole" a guild from them. Well I could counter that that person shouldn't have trusted the other - but that is a risk that is involved with such a system.

What do you all think?

This post was edited by Zarriya at March 10, 2015 12:21 AM PDT
    • 337 posts
    March 9, 2015 10:06 AM PDT

I would be curious as to how they are going to establish ownership.  Will it be the founder or the guild leader?  I was in a situation in early EQ where the founder retired and left the guild, leadership was transferred and a year or so later he came back, decided he wanted the guild name back and the GM gave it back to him.

• 502 posts
    March 9, 2015 11:27 AM PDT
    Reht said:

I would be curious as to how they are going to establish ownership.  Will it be the founder or the guild leader?  I was in a situation in early EQ where the founder retired and left the guild, leadership was transferred and a year or so later he came back, decided he wanted the guild name back and the GM gave it back to him.

Yes for what I wrote above you I was equating Guild leader = guild owner.  That is a good point about ownership.

This post was edited by Zarriya at March 9, 2015 11:27 PM PDT
    • 426 posts
    March 9, 2015 2:48 PM PDT

Couple of things I have seen in recent games that I DON'T want in Pantheon

-Ability to join multiple guilds with one character. 

-Account based guild membership, I like to have different characters in different guilds sometimes. 

Will we be faction locking guilds to any degree ? ( I am pro faction lock ) ? 

One of the best features i saw was VG looking for guild screen, you could search all game guilds, get a description and timezone of the main player base etc and see the officers / recruiters online status for each guild - really think this is a must have.

• 53 posts
    March 9, 2015 6:03 PM PDT

I really hope guilds do not have levels.  This really discourages new guilds from forming because a level 1 guild will have a hard time getting members when there are tons of level 50 guilds around.  You should join a guild because you like the people in it and your gaming style is in-line with their's, not because you will get a bonus to your xp.

I would like to add that when adding ranks to the guild, it would be nice if you can add a rank in any position.  In other words, if I want to add a Senior officer level above officer and below guild leader, I should have the option to do this instead of having to add a rank at the bottom and alter the rank names.  I remember in WoW, at some point, you could only add a rank at the bottom position.

• 59 posts
    March 9, 2015 6:28 PM PDT

Totally agree that all you need is basic tools to support a guild to benefit the game and the list you gave is pretty in depth.

Something I would like to talk about here is the guild search/recruitment tool.  Fundamentally this has been done to poor effect in most games.  What I would like to see a comprehensive tool that allows guilds to post exactly what their looking for and fill out a full description of the guild to allow players to refine their search.

Search Functions:

Guild type: Raiding, Social, Casual, PVP

Class Needs

Age Group

Prime time Hours or Raid Hours

These are key indicators that will best help players identify possible recruits/guilds.  On top of this there needs to be a system in place that will remove guilds from the list based off activity.

• 8627 posts
    March 9, 2015 11:19 PM PDT
    Zarriya said:

So now here is an issue  that I really can see pros and cons to:  Allowing for multiple guild leaders if a guild so chooses.

Eq2 has it. You can make one person a leader, 2 people or everyone!  One smaller (20` people) guild I joined for a few months in Eq2 actually gave permissions for everyone to be a leader and it worked - it promoted a sense of equality among everyone.  Too risky for me to do with my larger guild lol   but I will never forget that. 

Khayos and I usually co-lead Quixotic.  It works well for us, but we also trust each other very well. So I like Eq2's system - instead of me taking the next rank down, and having to wait for Khay to log in to perform certain tasks that only he as the game recognized guild leader - I can manage it completely too.  It allows more flexibility for us especially when one needs to work or go on vacation.  Thankfully we have both been healthy, but if one of us fell ill we wouldn't have to worry about guild leadership in the meantime.  There are other types of guilds that would benefit from this feature, for example council run communities.

Eq2 has a very robust guild system that requires a lot of managing. I spoke about how it is an advantage for Khay and I to share the workload, stability, authority and responsibility of a guild.  There is also a lot of risk for a guild to do so and I saw it occasionally in  1-9 chat or whispers from players about how a council member/co-leader "stole" a guild from them. Well I could counter that that person shouldn't have trusted the other - but that is a risk that is involved with such a system.

What do you all think?

I am 100% for multiple guild leaders, we have had multiple guild leaders in Reverence (Vanguard division) at some stages and as long as the right people are in the top job and they work together with the guild held as the highest priority at all times, there should not be any problems.

This would be completely up to the guild leaders though, I wouldn't personally promote everyone as I like to have set structure and discipline within a hardcore raiding guild and I rely heavily on my Officers and Raid Leaders to help me in managing different aspects of the guild. If I promoted someone to Guild leader and they failed in their role and made malicious changes, then that would be on me for putting that person into a position of power and I would have let my guild down by using bad judgment.

No one could steal a guild though, a Guild Leader cannot kick another guild Leader (no one can remove someone else that is equal authority (officer can't remove an officer, GL can't remove a GL etc.), plus we would have safe falls in place for Support/GM's to handle situations like this, so the original creator of the guild would have ultimate ownership if it ever came down to a dispute.

I would like to see it return in Pantheon and I would give the guilds full freedom in choosing their guilds , leaders and how many they have, if guild members don't like it, they will leave and find a better guild ;)

• 8627 posts
    March 9, 2015 11:27 PM PDT
    Reht said:

The way VG handled this was there needed to be a full group of 6, the guild creator had to purchase a guild seal/scroll and click it to create the guild (which cost 10g or so) the guild creator would instantly become the guild leader and everyone else in the group became officers.

Then it would ultimately be up to the guild leader to change those positions around to better suit the guild. If anything ever happened, it would always come back to that original guild creator/guild leader. If they leave the game, they can pass Guild Leadership onto someone else or shut the guild down. this is the risk you take in joining a guild though and it is an important reason for recruitment periods and carefully selecting a guild for you, in EQ/VG if you were giving the guild a bad name by your in game actions, you would be quickly dealt with or gain a bad name for yourself and your guild that would stick for a very long time.

I think this is important to leave that risk in place so people can learn the hard way, if they want to join a young guild with immature people who fight often and try to ruin other peoples fun or steal members from other guild, their guild name will be tarnished and every member be held accountable for their guilds actions, which would mean no raids, groups, events etc. with other guilds or PUGs, that was all part of the community rules.

I would like to have something put in place so that if a GL leaves and gives ownership to a new Guild Leader to take over, then they cannot return to reclaim that guild that they walked away from, make the decision a tough one and make it count, the new person deserves the respect of continuing on or handing it back if they choose to do so, the choice should not be made for them in my opinion.

• 8627 posts
    March 9, 2015 11:32 PM PDT
    Zandil said:

-Account based guild membership, I like to have different characters in different guilds sometimes. 

One of the best features i saw was VG looking for guild screen, you could search all game guilds, get a description and timezone of the main player base etc and see the officers / recruiters online status for each guild - really think this is a must have.

I do not want multiple guilds either, one character joins one guild. If you want to join another guild on an alternate character that is fine if your guild allows that, many raiding guilds will not tolerate that and will include it in their guild policies/rules. I would not personally want to lock accounts to guilds, I prefer allowing freedom of choice.

I would not want faction locking for the same reasons I stated above for being pro freedom of the players to choose.

I loved that feature too and included it above in my list but I just haven't gone into detail but yeah that was a really handy feature when hunting for a guild.

• 8627 posts
    March 9, 2015 11:35 PM PDT
    DJay said:

Totally agree that all you need is basic tools to support a guild to benefit the game and the list you gave is pretty in depth.

Something I would like to talk about here is the guild search/recruitment tool.  Fundamentally this has been done to poor effect in most games.  What I would like to see a comprehensive tool that allows guilds to post exactly what their looking for and fill out a full description of the guild to allow players to refine their search.

Search Functions:

Class Needs

Age Group

These are key indicators that will best help players identify possible recruits/guilds.  On top of this there needs to be a system in place that will remove guilds from the list based off activity.

The feature that Zandil and I spoke about above incorporates these things that you listed above, it really was a great way to find the best guild for you and your play style and time zone but I think we can add more like apply country tags etc.

Most guilds will have a recruit message that shows in a window to say whatever they want about their guild, the +18 tag or family friendly tag or raiding or multiple tags, where they came from, how their guild started, what they want to achieve etc. so that is also very helpful.

• 831 posts
    March 9, 2015 11:57 PM PDT
    Kilsin said:
    DJay said:

Search Functions:

Class Needs

Age Group

The feature that Zandil and I spoke about above incorporates these things that you listed above, it really was a great way to find the best guild for you and your play style and time zone but I think we can add more like apply country tags etc.

Most guilds will have a recruit message that shows in a window to say whatever they want about their guild, the +18 tag or family friendly tag or raiding or multiple tags, where they came from, how their guild started, what they want to achieve etc. so that is also very helpful.

One thing I would love to see come back from EQ - the notion of having to actually apply and earn your way into a guild... because name was critically important - yours AND your guild's...  Because by having a guild tag on, you represented your guild.

In my guild - you needed to apply - and you had to have a sponsor within the guild.  A sponsor was a member in good standing who would vouch for you.  Apps with sponsors were tagged and were on probation for a month.  In that month, you had to gain 15 positive votes from members including 3 officer votes.  Most guild members would not vote for you if they did not group with you.   Officers definitely would not vote for you if they did not group with you - AND talk to you for a while.  I was an officer and I would spend an entire night with an app grouping, talking, etc... and then continue to chat with them over the course of at least a couple weeks before I would vote for them.  Getting in the guild MEANT something.

NOW - I know that what I'm talking about goes beyond any guild system implemented in the game... it is just me sort of wistfully thinking back and hoping Pantheon ends up being THAT game - meaning "the MMO where people start caring about their name and their reputation again"

• 831 posts
    March 10, 2015 12:01 AM PDT
    Kilsin said:
    Zandil said:

I do not want multiple guilds either, one character joins one guild. If you want to join another guild on an alternate character that is fine if your guild allows that, many raiding guilds will not tolerate that and will include it in their guild policies/rules. I would not personally want to lock accounts to guilds, I prefer allowing freedom of choice.

I would not want faction locking for the same reasons I stated above for being pro freedom of the players to choose.

I loved that feature too and included it above in my list but I just haven't gone into detail but yeah that was a really handy feature when hunting for a guild.

See my prior post.... I hate the whole "multiple guild" thing.

• 106 posts
    March 10, 2015 1:27 AM PDT

Multiple guilds was horrible. I despised it in Elder Scrolls Online. So much in-fact, it was one of my main reasons for leaving.