Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pantheon article over at Powerleveled.com

• 14 posts
    March 5, 2015 2:54 PM PST

There is an article about pantheon with screenshots and videos over at Powerleveled.com

Here is the link : http://powerleveled.com/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen-the-little-mmorpg-that-could/

• 133 posts
    March 5, 2015 3:22 PM PST

Just read it, nice short complimentary piece.  The kind that can generate interest, and maybe some more supporters.

• 132 posts
    March 5, 2015 3:27 PM PST

Nice find! :)

• 999 posts
    March 5, 2015 5:49 PM PST

Yeah, it's nice to see some positive articles being produced - I just want to know why if the writer takes the time to write a piece on the game, they don't do a 30 second search to get the latest photos/videos.  But, any positive press is better than none I suppose, I just wouldn't want someone turned off due to features like the mini-map that don't exist anymore.

• 9115 posts
    March 5, 2015 5:52 PM PST

Steve is doing a great job, he is doing a progressive piece, from start to present which is why you see older pictures. I have given him a press/media pack with the latest images a week or two before he wrote that article so you will see the differences from past to present as he releases more pieces in this progressive series on us.

• 753 posts
    March 5, 2015 7:41 PM PST

Nice read - and I'm glad the game is getting some positive publicity.

I must say though, with increased publicity - that I worry about (and am waiting for) the inevitable arrival of the "Old school MMO's are doomed to failure, Brad McQuaid is the devil, The devs have to listen to me and change things or the game will fail - and anyone who doesn't agree with me is either a fanboy or an idiot.. or both..."  crowd.

This community will shift when they get here.

• 9115 posts
    March 5, 2015 8:02 PM PST
    Wandidar said:

I must say though, with increased publicity - that I worry about (and am waiting for) the inevitable arrival of the "Old school MMO's are doomed to failure, Brad McQuaid is the devil, The devs have to listen to me and change things or the game will fail - and anyone who doesn't agree with me is either a fanboy or an idiot.. or both..."  crowd.

That is something we are very mindful of mate, I will not let that happen, I have worked hard to get these forums to the level they are at now (in preparation for growth) and we want to provide a pleasant place for you all to engage with us and share your thoughts and idea's without the fear of trolls or haters becoming rampant.

My Community/Moderation team will not let that happen, I promise ;)

• 67 posts
    March 5, 2015 10:19 PM PST
    Kilsin said:
    Wandidar said:

That is something we are very mindful of mate, I will not let that happen, I have worked hard to get these forums to the level they are at now (in preparation for growth) and we want to provide a pleasant place for you all to engage with us and share your thoughts and idea's without the fear of trolls or haters becoming rampant.

My Community/Moderation team will not let that happen, I promise ;)

It's really nice to hear stuff like this from the community manager/moderator. Do people and companies make mistakes? Of course, we are human.  Does this mean every time they try something new we immediately jump to conclusions about future performance based on one or even a couple past experiences? No, especially in the realm of business.  Brad helped build some amazing games!  Sure VG tanked, but you can see from his passion and dedication to this game he has learned from that mistake and is ready to move forward, even in the face of difficulty.  I mention Brad, but it is true of each and every developer on this team, they could easily go to some established company and contribute, but no, this is entrepreneurship at its finest and I greatly appreciate that, it's what drives the success of people and our country.

There are a great many 'traditional' products in the world that are very successful!  ****, lets just look at the gaming industry, all those really old arcade/8bit/sidescroller games are making great headway on Steam.  Minecraft is another example, we sell more minecraft merchandise at our store than mario, what does that tell you?  Minecraft is a big box of legos, cheap, easy to clean, legos.  BOOM success.

• 133 posts
    March 6, 2015 6:11 AM PST
    Wandidar said:

One of the reasons I love paid forums.  Keeps out the trolls for trolling sake knobs.  Everyone is free ot have and share an opinion, in fact some of our discussiosn have been awesome because we have both sides stating their beliefs, opinions and experiences in a constructive manner.

The reason this forum is so damn awesome?  because we all want the game to be great, we are all acting liek adults and are having meaningful constructive discussions.  The increased public awareness does bring the risk of this dropping to a normal forum level. But if we all pledge to each other to keep it this way, and not feed the trolls, this will allow the mod team do their job.

• 50 posts
    March 6, 2015 2:55 PM PST

Naysayers will always pop up from time to time, but that doesn't change a community especially one as dedicated as us.  Lets face it Everquest and Vanguard were two games in a league by themselves and there is no other games in this category which I would call a Hardcore group PVE MMORPG.  Some guy dropping by to tell us that this style ia dated or antiquated won't change opinions of this design because its so beloved.  

Personally I'm just trying to figure out ways to help support the project.  I created and  ran one of the largest Everquest Next fansite's before I became so disheartened with the project that I had to leave it.  I'm thinking about making another one for this game along with a podcast to start drumming up more support and coverage of the game.  Simply put I cannot live in a world where this title doesn't get made with the best resources available.

This post was edited by DJay at March 7, 2015 5:27 AM PST
    • 3016 posts
    March 7, 2015 3:10 AM PST
    Wandidar said:

Reminds me of "opening the gates" after a long while testing with the testing community.      Usually pretty friendly and close-knit.       Then they open it up for open beta and the madding crowds.      General chat becomes spammy with complaints here there and everywhere,  and comments like Wow is better!!    That's the part that tests my patience.  :D

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at March 7, 2015 5:26 AM PST
    • 3016 posts
    March 7, 2015 3:13 AM PST
    DJay said:

Naysayers will always pop up from time to time, but that doesn't change a community especially one as dedicated as us.  Lets face it Everquest and Vanguard were two games in a league by themselves and there is no other games in this category which I would call a Hardcore group PVE MMORPG.  Some guy dropping by to tell us that this style ia dated or antiquated won't change opinions of this design because its so beloved.  

Personally I'm just trying to figure out ways to help support the project.  I created and  ran one of the largest Everquest Next fansite's before I became so disheartened with the project that I had to leave it.  I'm thinking about making another one for this game along with a podcast to start drumming up more support and coverage of the game.  Simply put I cannot live in a world where this title doesn't get made with the best resources available.

That would be very cool...there "was" a fansite for a little while,  in the early months, but lots happened...and I am not sure what happened to the site.