Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

EQ TLP vs Pantheon

• 753 posts
    March 6, 2015 9:29 PM PST
    Gelax said:

about these encounters and taking turns and cooperate or take the consequences of "the server" etc etc.. if you truely believe "HC" guild made it to the top by beeing nice and friendly and helpfull to everyone on the server then you're wrong. atleast this is my experience raiding top lvl in EQ2 for several years. we were all friendly and helpfull to the casual crows but when it came to the competition there was no such thing.

not saying i wouldn't want everybody to be helpfull and friendly etc. it's just not in humans nature.

edit: how are you "the server" going to force people playing nice? consequences are just words imo. if you have a well organized guild with enough capable members you don't rly need the rest of the server. maybe there are going to be events that require cooperation of the whole server.. but we don't know that yet.

I'll bite:

I can flat out tell you that back in the day if you personally were a jerk, and made a name for yourself as being a jerk - you didn't get ports, didn't get help getting your corpse, didn't get groups, didn't get a guild.

There was a difference between "competing for mobs" and "being a jerk"  Racing for mobs was fun - sometimes you won, sometimes you lost.  Some servers had gentleman's agreements that if you were there first, you'd be permitted your shot at the mob before they took theirs - others did not... but still, that was competition for content - which was different than being a jerk or not.

A simple example:  There was once a guy on Karana server who would make a habit of trying to solo stuff he shouldn't have been trying to solo - and then when it got to be too much, he would train your group if you were near him.  He would do this constantly.  Once I was at the fort at frontier mountains soloing giants, and he showed up.  Sure enough he started pulling.  So I popped invis and sat.   Sure enough he pulled and got way more giants than he could handle (meaning more than one - he got 3 or 4).  SURE ENOUGH - he brought them to me.  But I was invis.... and the giants couldn't see me.  SOOO.... I targeted the giants and started doing this:

/clap

/cheer

/clap

/cheer

Then I got to listen to (in chat) a tirade from this guy because I didn't help him.

I had HEARD about this guy long before I experienced him... people in groups trying to fill spots and saying stuff like "Don't pick him up..."   He had made his name - and he had done so poorly... and he was paying the price.

• 44 posts
    March 7, 2015 4:55 AM PST

not looking for anyone to bite just trying to get a discussion going :) i hope it is gonna be like you described tho i have trouble believing it. i guess the content would need to made so it eliminates beeing a jerk.

edit: i think making a name for yourself is important in mmorpgs.

This post was edited by Gelax at March 7, 2015 5:30 AM PST