Forums » News and Announcements

Developer Round Table - 2.28.15

• 208 posts
    March 3, 2015 7:10 PM PST

Hey Kilsin, just watned to say thanks for the Kil's notes version of the Roundtable.  It answered some fo the things I misunderstood in the Roundtable.  Also I thought I should break down how to pronounce my handle, Sogotp = so/sew-Got-up.  Kind of like "so, get up" but with got instead of get and no that is not how I picked the name but that is how I have pronounced it since I thought of the name.

• 9115 posts
    March 3, 2015 7:22 PM PST
    Sogotp said:

Hey Kilsin, just watned to say thanks for the Kil's notes version of the Roundtable.  It answered some fo the things I misunderstood in the Roundtable.  Also I thought I should break down how to pronounce my handle, Sogotp = so/sew-Got-up.  Kind of like "so, get up" but with got instead of get and no that is not how I picked the name but that is how I have pronounced it since I thought of the name.

You're welcome mate and thank you for the correct way to pronounce your name, I tried and probably failed at a few of them but I really like knowing how to say them, so thank you :)

I wasn't sure if the T or P at the end was silent so I played it safe with Sogo but good to know for next time :)

• 208 posts
    March 3, 2015 7:27 PM PST

yeah most people just called me Sogo and I am fine with that since I normally abbreviated everybody else's name :)

• 610 posts
    March 4, 2015 2:05 AM PST
    Kilsin said:
    Sogotp said:

You're welcome mate and thank you for the correct way to pronounce your name, I tried and probably failed at a few of them but I really like knowing how to say them, so thank you :)

I wasn't sure if the T or P at the end was silent so I played it safe with Sogo but good to know for next time :)

Hey Kilsin just wanted to let you know how I pronounce my name....its like the number 7 but with an s!

Just in case you ever read one of my questions :)

• 9115 posts
    March 4, 2015 2:29 AM PST
    Sevens said:
    Kilsin said:
    Sogotp said:

Hey Kilsin just wanted to let you know how I pronounce my name....its like the number 7 but with an s!

Just in case you ever read one of my questions :)

I was actually really worried and hoping I didn't have to read one of your questions for that very reason, even thinking of saying your name aloud makes me nervous! lol ;)

Let's hope I get it right ;)

• 132 posts
    March 4, 2015 9:56 AM PST

Awsome round table! Can't wait for the second part! :)

Nice to get some straight answers!

• 118 posts
    March 4, 2015 1:33 PM PST

I'll jump on the bandwagon.

Celevin - Cele like the first part of celestial, and vin, like pin.

• 3016 posts
    March 4, 2015 1:58 PM PST

Just call me Cana...:P  hehehe  And thanks for clearing that up there Sevens :D 

• 753 posts
    March 4, 2015 3:13 PM PST

Sure - me too.

Wandidar.  Pronounced "Tim"

:p

• 9115 posts
    March 4, 2015 6:59 PM PST

Oh man..I am definitely going to have trouble remembering some of these! I will need to make a special list :P

• 671 posts
    March 5, 2015 12:21 AM PST

"H" is near silent:   (h-) earO-monk

It is only a forum handle. So you can bastardize it all you want, & prefer people to liken it to however they want.

This post was edited by Hieromonk at March 5, 2015 2:55 AM PST
    • 308 posts
    March 5, 2015 5:18 AM PST

Since mine is so hard to pronounce, you can just call me Mike

• 9115 posts
    March 5, 2015 6:03 AM PST

Mike, Tim, earO, Cana, Cele, Saj, s7venes? (I think I got that one right?)...man these are way to hard to remember, why can't you all have easy names! ;) lol

• 132 posts
    March 5, 2015 9:10 AM PST
    Kilsin said:

Mike, Tim, earO, Cana, Cele, Saj, s7venes? (I think I got that one right?)...man these are way to hard to remember, why can't you all have easy names! ;) lol

Thats SAJBEAR to you!

• 311 posts
    March 5, 2015 4:16 PM PST

You did fine with mine Kilsin. I got it from one of my most favorite books of all time, just hoping they get around to crashing some minatours into Terminas. That way I can go swat some ogres around for fun lol.

• 118 posts
    March 5, 2015 6:56 PM PST

Kaz, I too have a love for the literary works of Weiss and Hickman.  Who knew this would turn into a comedy thread?

• 238 posts
    March 8, 2015 12:17 PM PDT
    Sevens said:

o Colour codes/Rarity – Yes we will have weapon and item colour codes and rarity to define the quality of a weapon or item.

All I can say is "Boo" to this

I was really hoping we wouldnt have the silly color (and yes I spelled it correctly lol) teirs telling us what is the better weapon / armor

We feel the same way on this and I pretty sure some greenies know my stance very well on this topic so I try to keep it to the point.

Saying something is "Rare" or coloring it Blue is the exact same thing. It’s not the color that frustrating it is the idea that you have to spell things out for every item with the assumption that the player is not smart enough to figure out it on their own. Then after the game has been out for a little bit it becomes completely worthless because you have people in old gear that’s “rare” but newer “common” items with better stats. I would put money on the fact no one here is overly excited about this.

• 238 posts
    March 8, 2015 12:24 PM PDT

Also good work on typing the quick reference notes always good to have both.