Forums » News and Announcements

Pantheon Team - Questions for the Community!

• 9115 posts
    February 17, 2015 8:41 AM PST
    Hieromonk said:
    Kilsin said:

Pantheon Community,

This is a chance for us - as a team - to ask you the community some questions, have some fun and get some valuable feedback. We get questions daily from you guys and girls, so time to turn the tables and throw some back at you!

Have fun and be creative, think about what you really want to get out of Pantheon that has been missing from your gaming experience lately.

The form can be found here: Community Questions

This is really disadvantageous for those who do not wish to belong to the Google community.

I chose the Google platform because it has the largest user base with hundreds of millions of users daily, it is also the first time we have done something like this and I wanted to allow the most people to have their say, while also being able to track and capture the answers professionally so we can use them to help us build Pantheon, Google allows us to do this very well from a business standpoint.

It literally takes a matter of seconds to create a "fake" or "throw away" account (use a VPN or Proxy if you are worried about spying aliens ;)) and have your say, then just keep the account around for any future projects like this that you may want to reply to.

Everything is anonymous, we don't see IP addresses or names, we have no idea who the feedback comes from which is how we want it, so we can read it as raw valuable data.

It is not a forced experience either, you do not have to participate if you do not want too but we are using this feedback to help build the game, so we would love as much as possible from as many of our community members as possible.

It really doesn't take much effort at all to join in mate.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at February 17, 2015 4:13 PM PST
    • 366 posts
    February 17, 2015 10:09 AM PST

I previously said that I thought the questionnaire was a little long and should have been broken up for ease of use:  I am going to take that back.  When I suggested that, I thought the questionnaire was just for these forum users.  Now that I see you have reached out to the general public with the questionnaire, I see how the size is appropriate - one survey catches their attention.  If it were broken up, you wouldn't have been able to gain as much attention.

This post was edited by Zarriya at February 17, 2015 6:51 PM PST
    • 753 posts
    February 17, 2015 11:18 AM PST

For me, it's a simple equation:  Which is true for you...

Contributing by filling out the questionnaire > desire not to create a google account

OR

Desire not to create a google account > contributing by filling out the questionnaire

In the end, they didn't HAVE to ask for feedback.  Given that they did, even if I didn't already have a google account, I would have created one to partake of the opportunity.

It's all about choice.

• 432 posts
    February 17, 2015 3:19 PM PST

Done.

I took my time to do it properly and to think every question deeply through. Was a long work but done. I have always been a big fan of community polls because it is a cheap but efficient and fast way to get statistically significant information directly from a large sample of (potential) customers.

I hope we will get some kind of synthesis of what the Team found of value by analysing these forms.

Also if you were happy with this initiative.

• 9115 posts
    February 17, 2015 6:55 PM PST
    Deadshade said:

Done.

I took my time to do it properly and to think every question deeply through. Was a long work but done. I have always been a big fan of community polls because it is a cheap but efficient and fast way to get statistically significant information directly from a large sample of (potential) customers.

I hope we will get some kind of synthesis of what the Team found of value by analysing these forms.

Also if you were happy with this initiative.

Thank you mate, we appreciate it a lot :)

It will take me a while to go through all of the data and answers (as they are still rolling in thick and fast) but once the team and myself get that chance and we get a good idea of what people want, I will try and post something to give a general consensus of what the majority wanted but this is private, anonymous data meant for business purposes so I will see what I have to work with, I may not be able to put anything together but I will certainly talk it over with the team and try my best.

• 21 posts
    February 18, 2015 1:26 AM PST

Some great questions I tried to answer them all honestly and as in as much detail as I could. Look forward to what comes out of this!

• 9115 posts
    February 18, 2015 1:47 AM PST
    Argento said:

Some great questions I tried to answer them all honestly and as in as much detail as I could. Look forward to what comes out of this!

Thank you mate!

You guys and girls continue to give us such great feedback it really is too awesome for words! I appreciate the effort everyone is putting in and the time they are taking to give so much passion and detail in their answers, it means a lot and helps us greatly :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at February 18, 2015 3:39 PM PST
    • 378 posts
    February 18, 2015 5:40 PM PST

Done 

• 107 posts
    February 18, 2015 5:45 PM PST

Somebody wake me up when the raid mobs are ready.....

• 34 posts
    February 18, 2015 7:47 PM PST

To the Dev team, this would be a great way to get feedback from us once were into testing also. I don't know about others but I hate posting my opinions about different things sometimes on beta forums just due to others being like no your wrong bla bla bla I'm just like ummm it's my opinion get over it. It would also allow you to focus on asking us specific questions to get feedback about different things.

• 67 posts
    February 18, 2015 11:03 PM PST

Boom! Rekt.

• 21 posts
    February 19, 2015 6:05 AM PST
    Krohm said:

To the Dev team, this would be a great way to get feedback from us once were into testing also. I don't know about others but I hate posting my opinions about different things sometimes on beta forums just due to others being like no your wrong bla bla bla I'm just like ummm it's my opinion get over it. It would also allow you to focus on asking us specific questions to get feedback about different things.

. I like this idea.
    • 1778 posts
    February 20, 2015 8:18 AM PST
    I just now got a chance to fill out the questions. It was fun. My answers were a bit FFXI leaning. But I think we are all on the same page so dont hold it againsr me. And I too would also like more of these. Cant wait to play this game!!!!! And you know...... have some actual challenge, comradery, and deep interdependent group play for the love of Pete!
    • 132 posts
    February 21, 2015 8:30 AM PST

There! Done! It took a couple of hours! :D

I only wish I could have signed it with my name since I'm a bit proud of it. On the other hand how many Swedes will answer the form? ;) I'm sure you guys can figure out who mine is anyways! ^_^

• 432 posts
    February 22, 2015 3:47 AM PST
    Kilsin said:

It will take me a while to go through all of the data and answers (as they are still rolling in thick and fast) but once the team and myself get that chance and we get a good idea of what people want, I will try and post something to give a general consensus of what the majority wanted but this is private, anonymous data meant for business purposes so I will see what I have to work with, I may not be able to put anything together but I will certainly talk it over with the team and try my best.

Of course I am aware that you can't post the results of a PCA analysis (if you are doing that).

If the return is high enough, this is clearly marketing material first choice so I expect that you willl want to keep the detailed  finding to yourself.

What I meant with the feed back is that the creators of the added value (if there is some) are those who took their time and answered.

So saying some general things like : yes it was useful, yes there were some points that will impact the development, there were some surprises because we didn't expect that a majority would like (or not like) this or that feature , is a way to encourage people to participate again if you want to redo a poll on some other specific issues.

This is  a basic rule - if people are asked to do something, they expect to be told at least  if what they did was useful.

• 9115 posts
    February 22, 2015 5:20 AM PST
    Deadshade said:
    Kilsin said:

Of course I am aware that you can't post the results of a PCA analysis (if you are doing that).

If the return is high enough, this is clearly marketing material first choice so I expect that you willl want to keep the detailed  finding to yourself.

What I meant with the feed back is that the creators of the added value (if there is some) are those who took their time and answered.

So saying some general things like : yes it was useful, yes there were some points that will impact the development, there were some surprises because we didn't expect that a majority would like (or not like) this or that feature , is a way to encourage people to participate again if you want to redo a poll on some other specific issues.

This is  a basic rule - if people are asked to do something, they expect to be told at least  if what they did was useful.

Oh absolutely mate, that goes without saying, I thought you meant share actual data by your wording but the feedback is giving us a lot to work with, some of the question we predicted would be answered in a certain way (but with more detail it helps us pinpoint feelings on things that we have suggested) and others are surprising us and giving us great feedback to work with going forward. This is a very valuable exercise for us though and we will be using this data to help us move forward with a multitude of things (we already are using it!).

For instance, the reaction to multi coloured mana resulted in further - more detailed - explanations to help people try to imagine it in action, if we hadn't of asked that question, we would still be thinking that it didn't need any further explanations, so things like that help us a lot.

I had already planned on posting something in a week or so when we had collected more data to get an even pool of answers and a better general overall feeling on some of the more technical questions, it would be too premature to post something now with so many answers still coming in but rest assured, I will do as I intended and post something in a week or so with a bit more information for everyone on how their feedback helped us.