Forums » News and Announcements

Pantheon Team - Questions for the Community!

• 9115 posts
    February 15, 2015 6:20 PM PST

Pantheon Community,

This is a chance for us - as a team - to ask you the community some questions, have some fun and get some valuable feedback. We get questions daily from you guys and girls, so time to turn the tables and throw some back at you!

Have fun and be creative, think about what you really want to get out of Pantheon that has been missing from your gaming experience lately.

The form can be found here: Community Questions

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at February 17, 2015 8:26 AM PST
    • 238 posts
    February 15, 2015 7:17 PM PST

The link sends me to a Google Log in page for an account I don't have. Is this right?

• 211 posts
    February 15, 2015 7:24 PM PST
    Xonth said:

The link sends me to a Google Log in page for an account I don't have. Is this right?

The questionnaire is in Google docs so yes you probably need to create an account there if you don't have one.

• 9115 posts
    February 15, 2015 7:33 PM PST
    Xonth said:

Yes, if you have ever used Gmail, YouTube, Google + etc. you would have been asked to sign in to email, like, subscribe, reply and since it is such a popular platform we decided to use their document/survey forms to help us deliver and collect this information.

It is also the first time we have used this google feature so we are looking to see how well it performs for us and will monitor it for the duration of the survey. If it does not perform well, we will look at using something else for the next one.

If you do not have a google account, it is very easy to create one quickly if you would like to join in and have your say on our survey!

• 34 posts
    February 15, 2015 8:10 PM PST
    I filled it out but I'm on my phone so I had to be short and sweet.
    • 9115 posts
    February 15, 2015 8:18 PM PST
    Krohm said:
    I filled it out but I'm on my phone so I had to be short and sweet.

Thanks Krohm, we appreciate it mate!

• 34 posts
    February 15, 2015 8:30 PM PST
    Would of filled it out on my PC but the 40th Anniversary SNL show was on haha
    • 63 posts
    February 15, 2015 8:57 PM PST

I can't wait to see everyone's responses to these. Thank you for participating guys.

This post was edited by Montreseur at February 17, 2015 8:20 AM PST
    • 88 posts
    February 15, 2015 9:54 PM PST

I loved doing this questionnaire. I think doing 1 of these at bi-weekly or least once a month would be awesome. Anything which makes me feel more involved is a huge plus.

But, I did get confused on a few questions. One of them in specific, regarding the "zone themes." Did that imply "zone environments?" 

• 9115 posts
    February 15, 2015 10:04 PM PST
    Haseno said:

I loved doing this questionnaire. I think doing 1 of these at bi-weekly or least once a month would be awesome. Anything which makes me feel more involved is a huge plus.

But, I did get confused on a few questions. One of them in specific, regarding the "zone themes." Did that imply "zone environments?" 

Thank you for the feedback Haseno, the main reason I wanted to put this together was to make everyone feel more involved, I really want to capture the communities thoughts on all of these topics and many more. I am testing the waters with this first one to see how well it is received but it was my plan to do this on a more regular basis if we received good feedback from it ;)

If you are referring to the questions by Daniel, our Lead Programmer:

"If you could choose a zone theme to adventure in with friends, what would it be, and what types of encounters would you love to see?"

I believe he was referring to zone themes like Jungle (with theme related encounters like giant snakes, spiders, monkeys, maybe a tiger event gets activated similar to that for which ever theme you like the best), Desert, Tropical, Snowy, Forest, Swamp, mountainous, volcanic etc, like zone wide themes that you consider your favorites.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at February 16, 2015 9:45 AM PST
    • 38 posts
    February 15, 2015 10:06 PM PST

I like the questionnaire direction this is going in, as Haseno says.

Especially if new ideas (multicolored mana pools, for example) get asked by a dev just playing with an idea.

EDIT: You forgot plains. Everyone forgets plains zones where everyhing is flat and cool.

This post was edited by Vortikai at February 16, 2015 5:48 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    February 15, 2015 10:11 PM PST
    Vortikai said:

Especially if new ideas (multicolored mana pools, for example) get asked by a dev just playing with an idea.

EDIT: You forgot plains. Everyone forgets plains zones where everyhing is flat and cool.

They were just examples off the top of my head, I love plains zones too, whether they are open dry and desert like or flat green and grasslands, I could of extended that list forever but just wanted to list a few popular examples to get the message across and help explain the question better ;)

• 38 posts
    February 15, 2015 10:13 PM PST
    Kilsin said:
    Vortikai said:

They were just examples off the top of my head, I love plains zones too, whether they are open dry and desert like or flat green and grasslands, I could of extended that list forever but just wanted to list a few popular examples to get the message across and help explain the question better ;)

I was just kidding :P There are a lot of zone types we didn't mention at all even

• 132 posts
    February 15, 2015 11:20 PM PST

Very nice, Ill fill it in when i get the time. Gonna work hard and long on my answers!

• 179 posts
    February 15, 2015 11:59 PM PST

The questions will take you some time to answer so make sure you set aside the time to complete it the way you want.

• 753 posts
    February 16, 2015 7:26 AM PST

I filled mine out - good concept.  Will there be any tally of responses posted?  Not everyone's posts, but sort of a summation maybe?

Do more of them please!  It's a medium where I felt like I was really going to contribute to the bucket of stuff the devs are thinking about.

This post was edited by Wandidar at February 16, 2015 5:47 PM PST
    • 366 posts
    February 16, 2015 8:14 AM PST
    Anasyn said:

The questions will take you some time to answer so make sure you set aside the time to complete it the way you want.

Thank you for the heads up Anasyn.  It is indeed pretty long, especially if you want to answer the question well and are concerned about your progress being lost.   I would suggest breaking it up into multiple questionnaires next time.

I especially like John Diasparra (Montreseur) Lead World Builder questions - I feel like he is really seeking ideas from the community and I think the communities' answers may really contribute.

I am sure the developers are aware that this group of posters that are active here on the website are a bit different that the rest of the population in that we may have a bit more money and time that we would dedicate to this game when compared to  people who are not on these forums.

Overall it is a good survey.  I can tell the questions are sincere and I feel our feedback will be impactful.  I thank you all for taking the time to create it and I enjoyed giving you my feedback.

edit: I previously said that I thought the questionnaire was a little long and should have been broken up for ease of use:  I am going to take that back.  When I suggested that, I thought the questionnaire was just for these forum users.  Now that I see you have reached out to the general public with the questionnaire, I see how the size is appropriate - one survey catches their attention.  If it were broken up, you wouldn't have been able to gain as much attention.

This post was edited by Zarriya at February 18, 2015 5:02 AM PST
    • 67 posts
    February 16, 2015 9:46 AM PST

Thanks for the Question's it took me awhile to get it done though!  Whew!

• 83 posts
    February 16, 2015 11:07 AM PST

Saw the post on mmorpg and filled it out, i wouldnt mind seeing more of these in the future, maybe once a month and 1 question per developer so its not a full novel to read through each response :)

• 27 posts
    February 16, 2015 12:33 PM PST

Done.

• 148 posts
    February 16, 2015 4:55 PM PST

Saw the post on Facebook this morning and filled it out then , took a bit but all very good questions

• 208 posts
    February 16, 2015 5:13 PM PST

Not going to make a google account just to answer a questionaire.  I am sure there is enough feedback from those already that pretty much covered what I would want.

• 88 posts
    February 16, 2015 8:47 PM PST
    Sogotp said:

Not going to make a google account just to answer a questionaire.  I am sure there is enough feedback from those already that pretty much covered what I would want.

I know the team said they would use google docs. However, i agree with Sogotp. It is understandable to want to not use google.

There should at least be an option to save the questionnaire in a format and e-mail it to someone on the dev team as an alternative.

• 671 posts
    February 17, 2015 8:10 AM PST
    Kilsin said:

Pantheon Community,

This is a chance for us - as a team - to ask you the community some questions, have some fun and get some valuable feedback. We get questions daily from you guys and girls, so time to turn the tables and throw some back at you!

Have fun and be creative, think about what you really want to get out of Pantheon that has been missing from your gaming experience lately.

The form can be found here: Community Questions

This is really disadvantageous for those who do not wish to belong to the Google community.

• 999 posts
    February 17, 2015 8:30 AM PST

I agree that a downloadable/e-mailable option would be a nice addition, but I created a fictitous Google account in less than a minute using a fake e-mail to complete the survey.  I don't think creating an account should be that big of a hindrance if you want to provide feedback.