Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Demand for Supply and realistic storage

• 106 posts
    January 25, 2015 11:42 PM PST

I like how in early ever quest there was certain supplies you needed to survive in the wilds of Norrath. You needed food,  water, bandages, reagents, arrows. and merchants where not readily available everywhere. it gave a you a real sense that you where on an adventure facing the wilds. You would start off in town and gear up with supply and venture out into the world set up camp somewhere and collect loot and experience then when you got low on goods you would have to make the journey back civilization. Facing the elements so to say. And 1 backpack should be all you can carry. Having limited capacity makes you have to think in advance what you are going to need to bring for your specific journey, Should you wear your resist gear, bring extra food instead of an extra weapon? Your not exactly roughing it if you can carry 3 sets of armor 10 weapons and 4 bags of food and reagents. Playing early Everquest made me a survivalist. Bear Grylls don't got **** on me :)

• VR Staff
    • 246 posts
    January 26, 2015 9:29 AM PST
    No. Bear does not.
    • 7 posts
    January 26, 2015 10:59 AM PST

I am in full agreement of these sorts of limitations in the game.  I feel that it adds an additional element of realism, immersion, and challenge.  In order for this to work well, however, the drop rates will have to be tweaked to account for limited bag space or else players will be spending more time running back and forth to town than actually adventuring.  Also, some games can overwhelm players with the sheer quantity and variety of items.  In games with rich trade skill systems based predominantly around dropped loot, there can be dozens of different types of items that need to be stored and managed.  In many cases players may not even know what items are, their value, or their purpose.

• 87 posts
    January 26, 2015 5:43 PM PST

I want Rincewind's trunk. It's a big trunk with a bunch of little feet and will follow you anywhere even if you don't want it to :) J/K. I think, and heard it proposed on another thread by someone else, that you should get 1 backpack and slots for multiple smaller packs IE hip pack, wrist pouch, leg pouch, etc.