Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Gaming Social Media

• 595 posts
    January 9, 2015 9:14 AM PST

There are many ways that we as a community can take the promotion of Pantheon into our own hands.  One platform for doing so is Anook, a social media site dedicated to gamers and gaming!  This is a site that I think many would be interested in anyway, but if you consider the potential for increased exposure for Pantheon, I suspect MOST here would consider joining.  

So take a look and see what you think.  And if you happen to like what you see, befriend everyone on the planet and spam them about Pantheon! :D

http://www.anook.com/

• 144 posts
    January 9, 2015 1:45 PM PST

Here is a picture of my support...

I am currently playing in Archeage while waiting on Pantheon.

Still working on the exterior photo's to show my in-game support.  This way when ever someone goes by my house they know there is something better on the horizon.

~Chaam

• VR Staff
    • 102 posts
    January 9, 2015 2:13 PM PST
    Pretty interesting site, @Nikademis. Thanks for sharing it! @Chaam, creative as always. :)
    • 63 posts
    January 9, 2015 2:29 PM PST
    Chaam said:

Still working on the exterior photo's to show my in-game support.  This way when ever someone goes by my house they know there is something better on the horizon.

~Chaam

Chaam that is awesome!

• 144 posts
    January 9, 2015 3:18 PM PST

It will be upgraded.  I have a larger house and can get more on it.  Going to put a link there to this site.  I will keep you posted and thanks for the kind words

• 595 posts
    January 9, 2015 6:10 PM PST

Btw, I'm @Nikademis on Anook as well.  Look me up if you decide to join.  I'll create a Pantheon nook in the meantime where we can all congregate.

• 9115 posts
    January 9, 2015 7:04 PM PST

This is a really good topic Nikademis, thanks for bringing it up and it's great to spread the word, I would just use a bit of caution when promoting/advertising Pantheon though, as it is still very heavily in development mode and still approximately 6-9 months away from a rough Alpha, so we don't want to get people too excited and then have them get impatient or upset that not enough is happening ;)

It certainly is important to get the word out though and let people know to join us or keep an eye on us from the shadows, the more the merrier! :)

I love your house too Chaam, whenever I pass it I stop and smile, then run away in fear of dying lol

• 144 posts
    January 9, 2015 11:44 PM PST

You know I will rez you if you die Kilsin, no worries mate come on out to the Darkside

• 3016 posts
    January 10, 2015 1:14 AM PST
    Montreseur said:
    Chaam said:

~Chaam

Chaam that is awesome!

Wow ...free advertising lol  good on you Chaam :D

• 671 posts
    January 10, 2015 8:50 AM PST

This game will gain natural interest once people become dejected with so many Pay To Win games loosing bluster. It is a crux, if you start to advertise to early, without the right core community...  but seeing that this forum is for Members only, you don't get the ho-hum newbie rift-raft here, becoming a cancer on the P:RoF community. So any new comers are welcomed...  Visionary realms just needs to fix their Store, it is horrid and needs to be less in your face and more appealing to newcomers & adults.

I think next October, will be the best time to start to ramp up "marketing" and pulling in WoW refugee's, etc.. But before that, oldschool peeps will continue to trickle in after seeing more and more of the videos Brad is releasing. Oldschool peeps care about the underlying combat mechanic & numbers, not animations and artwork.. which is superficial to gameplay.

I also predict, you will see many people from Richard Garriot's Shroud convert over to Pantheon, because Shroud is too heavily instanced/zoned and will not provide the roleplaying environment that oldschool UO players want. Pantheon does... as long as the crafting and homes are in game.

• 671 posts
    January 10, 2015 8:54 AM PST
    Chaam said:

~Chaam

What server...?

• 595 posts
    January 10, 2015 8:56 AM PST

Do with it what you will.

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    January 10, 2015 5:28 PM PST
    Nikademis said:

There are many ways that we as a community can take the promotion of Pantheon into our own hands.  One platform for doing so is Anook, a social media site dedicated to gamers and gaming!  This is a site that I think many would be interested in anyway, but if you consider the potential for increased exposure for Pantheon, I suspect MOST here would consider joining.  

So take a look and see what you think.  And if you happen to like what you see, befriend everyone on the planet and spam them about Pantheon! :D

You know, you guys are more powerful than you probably think.  EQ had almost zero marketing at first, yet it took off on message boards and such, and became very successful.  Word of mouth is HUGE.  Letting gaming sites know you want them to cover Pantheon is a fantastic idea.

• 144 posts
    January 10, 2015 8:18 PM PST

I post everywhere it crosses my mind.  I also hope everyone else does as well.  EQ 1  was before my MMO time.  VG was my first and will always be my favorite.

Going to get some website listings in this other game for people to see as well.

• 671 posts
    January 10, 2015 9:12 PM PST
    Aradune said:
    Nikademis said:

You know, you guys are more powerful than you probably think.  EQ had almost zero marketing at first, yet it took off on message boards and such, and became very successful.  Word of mouth is HUGE.  Letting gaming sites know you want them to cover Pantheon is a fantastic idea.

I have a contact list of friends, who like to dabble over a long-winded (many years) RP chess games like EQ/EVE. That video perked a lot of our interest. And I am personally glad you are not daunted. You have a massive silent fanbase in waiting. I think bring a friend along, is all the marketing you need.

Us dice rollers need a homestead. 

• 35 posts
    May 4, 2017 8:26 AM PDT

Nikademis said:

Glad I did a social media search and found this post. I am also trying to promote and generate interest for Pantheon to some folks I play a mobile mmorpg with called Celtic Heroes. We use the BAND app, and I made a post about it under the general chat band. I am seeing some interest and questions that include sub inquiries, pc spec req's, etc. I put a link to Pantheonmmo.com there and folks have been viewing it and are expressing serious interest, be it PM's or posting on the OP. If any fellow CH'rs see this, it's Nukeem Harder :-p , and if anyone here has interest in at least checking CH out, i'm on android balor server. They did some revamps over the last couple of years and made it a bit easier than it was to level, but it's still a pretty decent game, aside from some PTW aspects.

Also, does anyone have an app currently being used to discuss Pantheon aside from here on the forums, twitter, and FB? I haven't used FB much for several years now, and twitter is well, just tweets. If so, I'd love to DL it and join in on the conversation!

• 1468 posts
    May 4, 2017 8:51 AM PDT

Etahfo said:

Nikademis said:

Glad I did a social media search and found this post. I am also trying to promote and generate interest for Pantheon to some folks I play a mobile mmorpg with called Celtic Heroes. We use the BAND app, and I made a post about it under the general chat band. I am seeing some interest and questions that include sub inquiries, pc spec req's, etc. I put a link to Pantheonmmo.com there and folks have been viewing it and are expressing serious interest, be it PM's or posting on the OP. If any fellow CH'rs see this, it's Nukeem Harder :-p , and if anyone here has interest in at least checking CH out, i'm on android balor server. They did some revamps over the last couple of years and made it a bit easier than it was to level, but it's still a pretty decent game, aside from some PTW aspects.

Also, does anyone have an app currently being used to discuss Pantheon aside from here on the forums, twitter, and FB? I haven't used FB much for several years now, and twitter is well, just tweets. If so, I'd love to DL it and join in on the conversation!

There is an unofficial Discord server for Pantheon. See the Fan Sites forum on this website for the information you need to join it.

• 35 posts
    May 4, 2017 9:20 AM PDT

@Cromulent tyvm.

• 2752 posts
    May 4, 2017 10:04 AM PDT

I've been holding off on spreading the good word too much, only mentioning it by name and in passing to most friends for now. I am waiting until further down the pipeline to really grab them because the first pull of a game tends to be the strongest and if they have to wait more than a year (which they will) they will lose the excitement to a degree. I want them to be able to come and see all the classes and races with full descriptions/banes+boons. More finished animations and fleshed out graphical touches. I know most of my friends will absolutely love the core behind all that, but what they *see* first is a very important hook. 

• 595 posts
    May 4, 2017 11:38 AM PDT

Oh wow, this post is quite old!  But my OP still holds true, I think more now than ever.  It's been more than two years since I created this thread there and there has been an incredible amount of progress made by VR.  I still use Anook daily, so if anyone is just seeing this zombie for the first time and thinks it sounds cool, swing over and give it a look ;)

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention - since my OP, Pantheon has been recognized by the dev team at Anook and has had its very own Nook created!  So now you can follow, share and post all things Pantheon related!

This post was edited by Nikademis at May 4, 2017 11:51 AM PDT
    • 35 posts
    May 4, 2017 11:53 AM PDT

Iksar said:

I've been holding off on spreading the good word too much, only mentioning it by name and in passing to most friends for now. I am waiting until further down the pipeline to really grab them because the first pull of a game tends to be the strongest and if they have to wait more than a year (which they will) they will lose the excitement to a degree. I want them to be able to come and see all the classes and races with full descriptions/banes+boons. More finished animations and fleshed out graphical touches. I know most of my friends will absolutely love the core behind all that, but what they *see* first is a very important hook. 

Excellent point(s), but at the same time I would like to hook some more people into investing. Could always restrict discussion to certain players that I know are more prone to do this sort of thing, but truthfully it is often difficult to know just by internet relationships who will or won't invest. There are some I'm quite sure will bc they have already expressed that sort of interest/intent. Every dollar that pushes VR towards their goals...

• 595 posts
    May 4, 2017 12:21 PM PDT

Etahfo said:

Iksar said:

Excellent point(s), but at the same time I would like to hook some more people into investing. Could always restrict discussion to certain players that I know are more prone to do this sort of thing, but truthfully it is often difficult to know just by internet relationships who will or won't invest. There are some I'm quite sure will bc they have already expressed that sort of interest/intent. Every dollar that pushes VR towards their goals...

Yea I tend to agree with you @Etahfo.  Kilsin commented on my OP cautioning against over-hype, and I think he was correct at the time.  However, we're more than two years further into production and I think the time is right.  If the team didn't think there was value in spreading the word about the great progress they've made we wouldn't be seeing live streams with very prominent Twitch variety streamers.  Anyway, I will continue to spread the word, if nowhere else then amongst the gaming community at large.

I do very much agree with Iksar in that I think some more definitive class information is key for those who arrive as a result of marketing, especially from a monetary perspective.

• 35 posts
    May 4, 2017 1:13 PM PDT

Yeah, I have to agree with that for sure. More info, more draw.

• 2752 posts
    May 4, 2017 1:17 PM PDT

Mostly the thing is that a number of my friends are reluctant to give too much of a look at any MMOs anymore because they have been burned by them over and over through the years. Always looking for that EQ fix (although with more leniency to us not being 13 anymore and having lives) but being hit with the awful on-rails casual theme park ride of the modern MMO from WoW to present. So I have to time it just right.

This post was edited by Iksar at May 4, 2017 1:18 PM PDT