Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

New Goblin Design and Animation

• VR Staff
    • 530 posts
    January 13, 2024 11:45 AM PST

For those interested, we have the new goblin design and amination all done. We will be seeing this in game soon! Check out the animation set on the official Twitter and let us know what you think!

https://twitter.com/PantheonMMO/status/1746230856874705169

• 1019 posts
    January 13, 2024 12:39 PM PST

Well at least this doesn't look silly and cartoonish like the other one does.  Hopefully we see more of this style, because at least this goblin looks a little threatening.

• 47 posts
    January 13, 2024 2:41 PM PST

Much better model, even if it's hard to see the details as the picture was kinda small. The old one looked like a model you expect in a game for 6-10 year old players.

• 902 posts
    January 13, 2024 3:11 PM PST
    So why not update the official site, first? Or even at all. Quite frankly I am not a fan of X or twitter or whatever and it kinda suck being forced there to see stuff that should be on the main site!
    • 1284 posts
    January 13, 2024 3:30 PM PST

chenzeme said: So why not update the official site, first? Or even at all. Quite frankly I am not a fan of X or twitter or whatever and it kinda suck being forced there to see stuff that should be on the main site!

I'm in the same boat.  I have no problem with people sharing all the info all over the world on any platform, but I've always preferred to get my info from the official site.  Hope stuff like this gets added here soon :)

• VR Staff
    • 530 posts
    January 13, 2024 7:37 PM PST

chenzeme said: So why not update the official site, first? Or even at all. Quite frankly I am not a fan of X or twitter or whatever and it kinda suck being forced there to see stuff that should be on the main site!

Fire, the Social Media Manager, works on fun little things like this and posts them on the socials. I will grab them afterward and share them, as I did here.

• 1404 posts
    January 13, 2024 7:59 PM PST
    Ranarius said:

I'm in the same boat.  I have no problem with people sharing all the info all over the world on any platform, but I've always preferred to get my info from the official site.  Hope stuff like this gets added here soon :)

Yes agreed, the “official” post here on the official forums then link to that from the other social media sites. And YES Sav, I agree, fire him if he can not show supporting followers proper respect we paid for. Great idea!
    This post was edited by Zorkon at January 13, 2024 7:59 PM PST
    • 810 posts
    January 14, 2024 12:49 AM PST
    I hope they are cannibals to put those teeth to horrific use.
    • 902 posts
    January 15, 2024 4:01 AM PST

Savanja said:

Fire, the Social Media Manager, works on fun little things like this and posts them on the socials. I will grab them afterward and share them, as I did here.

Ta!

• 727 posts
    January 15, 2024 9:42 AM PST
    Awe that's so cute. Great job everyone, I love it.
    • 801 posts
    January 19, 2024 9:06 PM PST

Savanja said:

For those interested, we have the new goblin design and amination all done. We will be seeing this in game soon! Check out the animation set on the official Twitter and let us know what you think!

https://twitter.com/PantheonMMO/status/1746230856874705169

I am so happy to see this direction. It is awesome work. Keep up the good work.

• 1429 posts
    February 11, 2024 7:11 PM PST

geez the real win here is i can rp my fantasies about being a goblin slayer uwu

• 4 posts
    February 20, 2024 10:28 AM PST

HEllo

The new Goblin design and animation are intriguing! The attention to detail and fluidity of movement infuse new life into the character. It demonstrates the expertise and inventiveness of the design and animation teams. Bravo!

This post was edited by sarika78 at February 28, 2024 6:37 AM PST
    • 2 posts
    March 1, 2024 3:10 PM PST

Great stuff!

• 102 posts
    March 11, 2024 9:18 AM PDT

Don't listen to the haters! I like the hobgoblin models. I'm glad there are different representations of goblins as opposed to just switching color palettes or model size.

• 86 posts
    March 11, 2024 11:06 AM PDT

Brutenga said:

Don't listen to the haters! I like the hobgoblin models. I'm glad there are different representations of goblins as opposed to just switching color palettes or model size.

I completely agree, more variety the better, idk why someone wouldn't want more as opposed to less. 

• 21 posts
    March 11, 2024 1:53 PM PDT

I am in the boat of people that enjoy the new art direction and I think this is a great step in that direction, looking forward to seeing these buggers in game!