Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Now that some of the NDA is lifted..

• 264 posts
    December 2, 2023 9:22 AM PST
    I have a question for the pre alpha testers. What is the state of crafting in Pantheon? What are you able to craft so far and what do you think of the crafting mechanics if there are any?
    • 2049 posts
    December 2, 2023 12:30 PM PST
    Crafting is looking great. So far I have crafted full suits of chainmail armor for my tank, leather armor for my rogue, weapons for them both and yesterday I finished the quest to be able to cook foods with buffs.

There are still bugs to work out, and the UI needs to be more organized - so many things on it to make and the naming conventions aren't always consistent, so it can be confusing - but we have a huge variety of choices we can make. And many individual customizations to select from.

Our Crafting developer Nephele is doing a fantastic job.

Did you see his most recent forum post about Crafting here: https://seforums.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/14542/will-everyone-have-every-profession/view/post_id/276960
    This post was edited by Jothany at December 2, 2023 12:33 PM PST
    • 264 posts
    December 2, 2023 6:54 PM PST
    Finally some good news! And no I didn't see that so thanks for the link!
    • 6 posts
    December 4, 2023 5:25 AM PST
    Jothany said:
    Crafting is looking great. So far I have crafted full suits of chainmail armor for my tank, leather armor for my rogue, weapons for them both and yesterday I finished the quest to be able to cook foods with buffs.

There are still bugs to work out, and the UI needs to be more organized - so many things on it to make and the naming conventions aren't always consistent, so it can be confusing - but we have a huge variety of choices we can make. And many individual customizations to select from.

Our Crafting developer Nephele is doing a fantastic job.

Did you see his most recent forum post about Crafting here: https://seforums.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/14542/will-everyone-have-every-profession/view/post_id/276960

Thats excellent news
    • 3852 posts
    December 4, 2023 4:36 PM PST
    Good link it is well worth reading.
    • 724 posts
    December 9, 2023 9:54 AM PST

There's very good items to be made with crafting. Armor and weapons, but just as (or more) important are bags and storage boxes for your bank. Space can be really tight in the beginning, and getting your first bags is a huge relief.

Jothany mentioned cooking and brewing already. These are still quite basic systems where you can experiment with different ingredients, and some combinations yield nice results (there are some recipe lists floating around already ;)

There's also jewelcrafting, and the beginning of an alchemy system was just introduced.

Mechanics wise, currently you have a big bag for schematics (basically recipes). This will actually become a recipe book at some point in the future. Most stuff is made by making some subcomponents first, then combining them into the final product. Most basic schematics are permanent, but there are plans for some to be one-time usable only (think powerful group or raid drops).