Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

The darkness and light sensitivity

• 724 posts
    October 7, 2023 8:07 AM PDT

I was in a very dark basement, for reasons, and someone turned all the lights on suddenly, there was a collective shout and gasp from the others in the space.   This got me thinking of setting up campfires or using flames and lit arrows to illuminate dark areas.   How much of the enemies agro will be affected by such actions?   We know the MOBs with us e certain dispositions but is there going to be a general effect where my stylish and charming ranger build will fire an arrow skillful and with exceptional grace to illuminate an area and the baddies will come running?  Because I want that to happen.   

• 2050 posts
    October 7, 2023 8:26 PM PDT

I think that's a great idea to test, and I wholeheartedly encourage you to do that. Just as soon as you get on Terminus. Long before we group up :)

• 947 posts
    October 7, 2023 9:14 PM PDT

I'm still hoping that the current physical DPS classes (MNK, ROG, RNG) will all be viable "pullers", and skills like this could absolutely contribute to the Ranger's ability to split mobs, by possibly drawing out mobs with certain dispositions or frightening those with other dispositions, combined with traps and scouting with pets.  (We already know Monks will be able to feign split and rogues have insane CC).

Add: Rangers in EQ had the harmony line of spells which was great but only worked outdoors!

This post was edited by Darch at October 7, 2023 9:16 PM PDT
    • 1283 posts
    October 7, 2023 10:36 PM PDT

I am impressed, but not surprised, that when someone turned all the lights on your mind went straight to "how can I apply this moment to Pantheon development."

• 724 posts
    October 9, 2023 7:09 AM PDT

Ranarius said:

I am impressed, but not surprised, that when someone turned all the lights on your mind went straight to "how can I apply this moment to Pantheon development."

It was the group, I was an extra in the room, a driver for the wife at a baby shower and they were showing a projection of images from their life and the grandmother, maybe 80+ turned the lights on.   A room full of ladies all comfortable and stimulated.  I was apart and on the forums thinking of pantheon and the MOBs art I want to see.  So the collective gasps of surprise was not unlike a herd of strange creatures to me, (mother's mostly and female in general) and I just do my best to understand them as I'm male and only had brothers.   The fact I'm married is still surprising to me, it must be because I have a huge disposition for empathy and compassion.  

On the note of splitting the group of MOBs during a pull, that is awesome.  I didn't even consider that.   A wizard fireball at the right time could be so useful.   Advanced Intel when scouting is going to be so valuable.   

Maybe for some distraction moves or a way to pull a group away from and area I can get a garland of bells, really get a huge train together, oh man I'm going to die so often, I'll be the oldest lvl 11 in the world.  

I'm still torn wether I want to see the new art or go in fresh. I like what I see so far.