Forums » News and Announcements

PTV Pantheon's Healing Classes - Get Your Questions In!

• VR Staff
    • 529 posts
    May 9, 2023 11:24 AM PDT

This month's Parting the Veil will be talking about Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen healing classes. Listen in as Anthony "Minus " Guidi and Creative Director, Chris "Joppa" Perkins discuss a healer's role and how Pantheon's own particular game style will influence the development of this archetype. Please share your questions on this topic here and it may be selected to be answered live, during the show.

Thank you Fantheons!

This post was edited by Savanja at May 9, 2023 11:28 AM PDT
    • 26 posts
    May 9, 2023 5:32 PM PDT

We know about the big 3 when it comes to healers.  Which other classes will have healing abilities such as Bard heal Song, Paladin LOH, Ranger first aid, Rogue Bandage, etc...?

• 947 posts
    May 9, 2023 7:33 PM PDT

In a lot of the dungeon crawl streams we have often seen 2 healers in a group and both often appear to be taxed on mana (and even wipe due to quickly running OOM even with decent CC and VOIP coordination.

Q: Is the content going to be adjusted in the future to allow any of the primary healer roles to be successful through a dungeon as the sole healer or will that role typically need heavy support (in the form of flex heals or another actual healer)?

• 2051 posts
    May 9, 2023 7:45 PM PDT

On average, does restoring X number of hitpoints of health to a group member earn a healer more, less or an equal amount of hate as doing the same number of hitpoints of damage to the NPC they are fighting?

This post was edited by Jothany at May 9, 2023 7:45 PM PDT
    • 102 posts
    May 10, 2023 5:53 AM PDT

As other classes have 'flex roles', will healers also have rolls they can flex into? If so, will they all share the same flex category, or will each healer have their own flex role? For example, druid flexing to CC, shaman flexing to DPS, or cleric flexing to tank.

This post was edited by Brutenga at May 10, 2023 5:54 AM PDT
    • 78 posts
    May 10, 2023 9:13 AM PDT

What if at all do you plan to do to bring the swagger to healers, and will they have access to tacos?

• 30 posts
    May 10, 2023 9:22 AM PDT

Darch said:

In a lot of the dungeon crawl streams we have often seen 2 healers in a group and both often appear to be taxed on mana (and even wipe due to quickly running OOM even with decent CC and VOIP coordination.

Q: Is the content going to be adjusted in the future to allow any of the primary healer roles to be successful through a dungeon as the sole healer or will that role typically need heavy support (in the form of flex heals or another actual healer)?

I had a similar question to this. I remember years ago in one of the old Pantheon streams, I think it was Brad who said something like they dont want people to be blocked from doing content because they are missing one particular class. Like, they dont want situations where people cant do a dungeon or raid content because they dont have clerics, all they have is druids and shamans.

I wonder if that is still the case. If a guild is doing raid content, would they be successful with only druids or shamans for heals, or would clerics still be mandatory like in EQ?

• 287 posts
    May 10, 2023 10:49 AM PDT

Quickfire yes or no question: Will druids be fun to play?

Longwinded follow up question: Why?

• 947 posts
    May 10, 2023 12:43 PM PDT

Kromiv said:

Darch said:

I had a similar question to this. I remember years ago in one of the old Pantheon streams, I think it was Brad who said something like they dont want people to be blocked from doing content because they are missing one particular class. Like, they dont want situations where people cant do a dungeon or raid content because they dont have clerics, all they have is druids and shamans.

I wonder if that is still the case. If a guild is doing raid content, would they be successful with only druids or shamans for heals, or would clerics still be mandatory like in EQ?

Yes, this is very concerning to me.  I really don't want a repeat of EQ where you absolutely had to have a warrior tank and cleric healing for optimization... but seeing two healers and 1 tank in every group so far is concerning (or is that perhaps because of the non-plate tank and not neccassirly the healers?)  Burning questions lol.

• 13 posts
    May 10, 2023 5:42 PM PDT

I think 2 healers is more about faster pulls on streams than necessity. also there is something to be said about having more dps vs an extra healer. I am looking forward to testing out different group types.

• 4 posts
    May 11, 2023 7:19 AM PDT

Will the focus be on resource management(mana/cooldowns)and  on timing or will some be limited by the max healing amount possible.  Group and raid content

A EQ2 example i dislike: It was often required to have a shaman class to cast wards(damage block/increased effective HP) to survive certain encounters.

Without a Warding class it was often a 1 Hit death ( other healing classes couldnt do anything about it and felt useless)

EQ1 (mana efficient play) : CH chain

A positive WoW 2009 example that was satisfying: As a mediocore grp geared shaman i joined a pickup raid and most thought it was pointless because of that.

But by knowing my class and using  the Mana effective spells i outperformed certain raidgeared quickheal spammers.

This post was edited by Ryuku at May 17, 2023 2:52 AM PDT
    • 76 posts
    May 15, 2023 1:51 AM PDT

What's the main differences between the Cleric's gameplay loop as a healer compared to the Paladin's gameplay loop? One class is a dedicated healer and the other is a dedicated tank class but they both are plate wearing frontline classes with the ability to heal.

• 888 posts
    May 16, 2023 1:13 AM PDT

How will healing in Pantheon differ from other MMOs and is there room for improvement? 

• 128 posts
    May 16, 2023 6:38 AM PDT

Can Monks cast their healing HOT "Union" on others, if not, could you please explain why? (I would like to be able to cast on Tank when normal Healers are out of mana, or to drive by Good Samaritan but getting someone out of near-death status)

This post was edited by Nagasakee at May 16, 2023 7:18 AM PDT
    • 2419 posts
    May 16, 2023 10:55 AM PDT

Will the same HoT like Mantle of the Mist/Stream/River), cast by 2 different PCs, stack on a target?  This question can be expanded to all spells that have durations on NPCs (DoTs, debuffs,).

Can HoTs of 2 different tiers (Mantle of the River and Mantle of the Mist) cast by the same player stack?

• 393 posts
    May 17, 2023 11:56 AM PDT

Will druids still have the Hirode component to spellcasting? How is that planned to work?

• 34 posts
    May 17, 2023 7:12 PM PDT

No question :)

I'm just excited for the "Druid drought" ending! woot~

• 33 posts
    May 18, 2023 1:13 PM PDT
    1. Will there be a CH like spell that will make one of these classes absolutely superior (and not just situational)? In classic EQ Clerics are just the better healers.
    2. Obviously what are the theme of healing for each class? What are the secondary themes of each class. E.g., Shaman is likely HoT and then secondary buffs and debuffs.
    3. Will all healers get group based healing ability?
    4. Will weapons play a big skill role for healers? <<< Most likely non weapon skills will be far more dominant on their bars, therefore why restrict healers weapons too much? ... e.g., Spear weilding Cleric.

This post was edited by SynSymbio at May 18, 2023 1:25 PM PDT
    • 411 posts
    May 18, 2023 5:40 PM PDT

MMO raiding often has overwhelming damage focused on a main tank with many healers spamming or using a rotation. A prime example is "complete heal" chains in EQ raiding but other games are usually similar where a tank's entire lifebar can disappear so quickly that you have to proactively heal instead of reactively heal. This is usually a stark contrats from early and mid-game healing where most healing is reactionary. Is there a design philosophy around end game healing to intentionally make room for reactionary healing or is spam/rotation healing expected to be the natural consequence of the raid environment?

• 112 posts
    May 18, 2023 5:40 PM PDT

For healers are they going to be like other healers in mmos sit back and just heal or will they be able to get into the fight as well?