Forums » News and Announcements

Upcoming Parting the Veil: Ask Your Questions!

• VR Staff
    • 529 posts
    April 15, 2023 8:23 AM PDT

This week's Parting the Veil will be discussing Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen's Mastery System. Do you have questions regarding this game-making feature? Ask your questions here, and they may be chosen to be featured on the show.

Thanks, everyone!

• 724 posts
    April 15, 2023 10:17 AM PDT

I have a clean desire to understand the depth of nuances within the General Character Mastery.  I believe one can spend mastery points/awards on fleshing out our characters, acclimation rate, faction gain etc.  Will mastery points be very specific, or sharply focused upon details? eg. Faction gain for one particular faction? Or Acclimation gain rate for just the anaerobic environment?  Or is it more generally applied?

If generally applied: I could spend all mastery points on faction gain thus assisting my character in becoming wildly popular, forwarding my goal of getting the Skar ostracized from civilized society to be more easily obtainable.  

• 3852 posts
    April 15, 2023 2:01 PM PDT

Will mastery points result in characters being differentiated from each other (the player always needs to choose where to use points and where not to use points) or will there be enough points available to ultimately complete every option so characters with maximum points will have identical masteries (other than differences by race or class).

• 888 posts
    April 16, 2023 2:28 AM PDT

Will mastery offer more than one improvement choice per ability?  And if so, will we be limited to only picking one of the choices, or could we eventually get all the mastery upgrades for that ability? 

• 6 posts
    April 17, 2023 12:18 PM PDT
    I have so many questions, love the work you guys are putting in and will be thankfull for the questions you have time to awnser :D

So a while back it was said that mastery points can be earned by changing the exp gain, from giving levels to gainaing mastery experience. Is this still the plan?

Will the exp requiered to gain mastery points go up as you aquire more of them?

Is the intent still to let a super hardcore player max out every mastery with enough time invested?

At what level can we at the earliest start to earn mastery exp?

Is the plan still to have 3 mastery points per ability? or will we see skills with less/more?

What is the vision of the Mastery system? Is it a system to change the mechanics of core abilities? or more of an empowering system, where you increase the power and effect of the abilities you invest extra time into.

Will we have mastery points that have synergies with other skills of a given class? Lets say a Summoner with an active Wind Arcamental: Zephyr and an active Water Arcamental: Undine, will there be mastery points that enhances one if the other is active etc? or are the mastery points more focused directly on the skill its earned for?

Thanks again for any question you have the time to awnser :D Cant wait for the next test :)

• 2051 posts
    April 20, 2023 3:51 PM PDT

Will Mastery Points still be 'spendable' directly into some stats/attributes, in addition to PC abilities?

• 78 posts
    April 20, 2023 5:28 PM PDT

Will I be able to gain mastery in Swagger?