Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

fave newsletter bit

• 326 posts
    December 22, 2022 11:39 AM PST

• Completed several animations for the swimming/underwater suite, including: (near-death swim, death float)

• 342 posts
    December 22, 2022 12:22 PM PST

In the same vein...

• Near-death swim & death float

So this confirms that corpses slain in the water will float and not sink (for now).  But will they float at the depth at which they were slain or float to the surface?

• 252 posts
    December 22, 2022 12:37 PM PST

I really hope it is float to the surface.

What an awesome and/or frustrating dynamic for healers. If they want to battle rez you they better do it fast if they don't want to swim toward the surface. Conversely, if you die and it floats to the top of the wellpond that may make corpse retrieval a little easier, or harder if you have swam to a new area where the enemies get progressively harder as you rise.

This post was edited by Ruinar at December 22, 2022 12:37 PM PST
    • 727 posts
    December 22, 2022 1:31 PM PST

Ya, definitely stood out as concrete progress for the new animation staff.  Tackling some of the more challenging, I assume, animations first is a sign of liking a challenge, good staffing move there HR! 

• 394 posts
    December 22, 2022 4:01 PM PST

Unless youre wearing a heavy armor class that is. (sarcasm)

• 2053 posts
    December 22, 2022 9:01 PM PST

The swimming update definitely caught my eye. I can't wait to go exploring the oceans of Terminus.

But the most entertaining & exciting part of the newsletter for me was "As a special holiday release for the community, we will be releasing our first ever Bring Out Your Dead podcast, in which David “Roenick” Schlow interviewed Steve Clover".

Entertaining because no one - of a certain age - can hear "Bring Out Your Devs" without remembering a famous scene from Monty Python. Exciting because - as one of the few Fantheons who never played EQ - I knew virtually nothing about Steve Clover until he joined VR. Since then, I've been waiting impatiently to hear him featured in a VR piece.

• 888 posts
    December 22, 2022 10:22 PM PST

My favorite part was the progress on the Dark Myr character models.  I've been very much hoping to see them featured in the monthly video and the art in the newsletter, and it looks like were getting mighty close.

Benonai said:

In the same vein...

• Near-death swim & death float

So this confirms that corpses slain in the water will float and not sink (for now).  But will they float at the depth at which they were slain or float to the surface?

I think it would be most intersting if anyone wearing metal armor sank while everyone else floated.  They could add a magic property to items that would cause you to float or sink when dead, allowing for some interesting build options.

• 839 posts
    December 22, 2022 11:13 PM PST

Jothany said:

Entertaining because no one - of a certain age - can hear "Bring Out Your Devs" without remembering a famous scene from Monty Python. 

Haha, that's all I hear... Occasionally I can hear the cat being flung like an old pillow being de dusted in the background :p

• 727 posts
    December 23, 2022 8:05 AM PST

Or the old guy being tossed on the cart before passing, but in the Dev speak "I'm not done yet" "it's getting better"