Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

A Developer stream on a Tuesday evening

• 727 posts
    December 19, 2022 6:02 PM PST

The developers are streaming December 20th at 9 EST.  I'm happy to hear this. I don't know if I want to watch.  I may just read a little about it through 2nd hand accounts and get the general takeaways.  I have a good idea, roughly, as to the feel of the area around Thronefast and would like to go in fresh to other areas when I start acting the guinea pig in alpha.  Love the additional content being created.  Peace 

This post was edited by StoneFish at December 19, 2022 6:04 PM PST
    • 295 posts
    December 19, 2022 10:49 PM PST

I've been waiting all year for this, so I will definitely be watching. I can understand not wanting to spoil your new experience, but I'm a Dev Stream junkie and it's keeps calling man...it keeps calling me.

• 888 posts
    December 21, 2022 7:36 AM PST

I was able to catch half of it, but had to watch on my mobile. I will be rewatching the full thing on my PC as soon as I can. I enjoyed what I saw and learned something new.  

(Spoiler Alert!)

According to Minus, Pantheon will have an ability called Cow Traps that is a mooovement debuff.  

This post was edited by Counterfleche at December 21, 2022 7:39 AM PST
    • 727 posts
    December 21, 2022 8:16 AM PST

Ha.

Well I watched some of it and will continue when I can.  It looked like a normal dungeon run, bash and slash with no spoilers so that was good.   Maybe  too few active descriptions of what was actually happening.  I expected more chatter about what was being cast or what action they were trying to combine at the moment, but the group clearly wanted to just relax and bond as a team with personal chatter and banter.  

I would have loved to see a few of the early low level mobs used as test objects for 2 or 3 players to show off abilities and skills but they just blasted them and moved on.  

Taking gear off and allowing a few free hits from some mobs would have been nice, to gauge the utility of gear or spells.   

Its tough to have them act like real players at this stage because the characters are to be deleted, so no risk to progress or gear.  

Range of pulls and casting times were a blur.  

Minus may benefit from a cinematography class if he is to be the main stream camera control.   

Overall it looks fun and the danger is clear and constant.  When in enemy heavy areas you have to keep a sharp eye and trust your team.  I'll watch and pause the YouTube vid later to see about actions I'm most interested in.  Or I'll wait for Baz to break it down for me . 

• 144 posts
    December 21, 2022 8:58 AM PST

I just came home srom some days off and watch the whole stream... 

I must say that I liked what I saw... and the caves look like you can spend wuite some levels in them !

• 727 posts
    December 21, 2022 10:27 AM PST

Grobobos said:

I just came home srom some days off and watch the whole stream... 

I must say that I liked what I saw... and the caves look like you can spend wuite some levels in them !

Agreed, it looked large and dangerous. 

• 54 posts
    December 21, 2022 12:30 PM PST

Enjoyed it a lot.  Thanks for doing the stream.