• 2756 posts
    November 18, 2022 2:18 AM PST

/salute

• 6 posts
    November 18, 2022 1:04 PM PST

A true visionary.

• 122 posts
    November 18, 2022 3:03 PM PST

RIP Brad, you gave me so many fun years with Everquest.

• 454 posts
    November 18, 2022 9:11 PM PST

You are missed.

• 363 posts
    November 19, 2022 6:44 AM PST

I occasionally read an email we had shared from long ago discussing his plans after Vanguard. He truly had a keen mind for MMOs. RIP, Brad...

• 9 posts
    November 19, 2022 8:15 AM PST

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_McQuaid#Later_years

Looks like someone entered some slanderous info onto the wiki page. Probably needs to be corrected.

This post was edited by m1a1 at November 19, 2022 8:29 AM PST
    • 9115 posts
    November 19, 2022 2:50 PM PST

m1a1 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_McQuaid#Later_years

Looks like someone entered some slanderous info onto the wiki page. Probably needs to be corrected.

Thank you.

• 3852 posts
    November 20, 2022 7:24 AM PST

Nothing slanderous there - not under the law of most if not all American states, anyway.

Slander is oral defamation. Libel is written defamation.

But I agree anything inaccurate should be corrected whether defamatory or not.

This post was edited by dorotea at November 20, 2022 7:24 AM PST
    • 9115 posts
    November 21, 2022 1:26 AM PST

dorotea said:

Nothing slanderous there - not under the law of most if not all American states, anyway.

Slander is oral defamation. Libel is written defamation.

But I agree anything inaccurate should be corrected whether defamatory or not.

There was nasty stuff written but we have removed it.

• 3852 posts
    November 21, 2022 7:42 AM PST

Sorry if I was not clear. I didn't mean to say there wasn't bad stuff there. I meant to say that it was libel not slander. Just being pedantic.

• 727 posts
    November 21, 2022 12:32 PM PST

Brad was directly responsible for me loosing lots of sleep in my 20's, and I wish I could have thanked him in person because I couldn't have dreamed, during that lost slumber, anything more wonderful and fun than the adventure and joy I got from EverQuest.  

• 55 posts
    November 24, 2022 7:40 AM PST

It feels like yesterday when Brad announced Pantheon was being developed, even though it was actually over seven years ago.  Man time flies when you've played through hundreds of games in your backlog waiting patiently.

• 3 posts
    November 27, 2022 4:31 PM PST

rest in peace brad, everybody misses you

• 145 posts
    December 5, 2022 2:26 PM PST

Brad kept my life in line honestly. I was a party kid having an older sister and her dragging me around. It wasn't until I went to stay with my older brother at college he introduced me to Everquest. Kept me in the house and out of trouble through my high school years. Maybe spent too much time on it as a kid but it was sure better than the alternative I was going to do. Straightened me up good and made a lot of memories playing EQ. I still play it to this day and almost every character I start has to go through Crushbone.