Forums » News and Announcements

The Pantheon Difference - PTVL - Get your Questions in!

• 30 posts
    November 4, 2022 4:54 AM PDT

November's Parting the Veil is a surface-level discussion revisiting the Pantheon Difference. We'll talk high-level about what differentiates us from other MMORPGs, mapping out future episodes around these topics. Post your questions; we may feature you on the show.  We look foward to what you may have on your mind!

• 26 posts
    November 5, 2022 9:59 AM PDT

How do you think the slower combat with less reliance on rotations and the LAS will playout during PVP combat?  Do you expect longer Time To Kill with more strategy?  

• 48 posts
    November 5, 2022 12:12 PM PDT

If given the chance to sell yourself, what would your elevator pitch be to those who grew up in the fast paced, theme park, real game begins at max level, MMO's?

• 3852 posts
    November 7, 2022 6:14 AM PST

Given a relatively slow development pace due to limited staff size and limited finances - to what extent can you "future-proof" the game by using features of Unity or other systems that promise continued improvements in what your software and servers can provide without VR having to go back to the drawing boards again?

• 102 posts
    November 7, 2022 7:23 AM PST

This question is in regard to gameplay. Will there be any sort of mechanic that allows you to "build" your character skillsets? the ability evolutions seem like they could lead themselves to the concept. Something reminiscent to a talent tree, a bit of freedom to experiment and theory craft a playstyle that isn't quite so cookie-cutter. A large ask I know, as with any of these systems there is always a superior "build" that just becomes the standard everybody is expected to pick, which detracts from the entire reason the system was created to begin with.

Even something as in a Druid's case, could I build more emphasis on healing/CC, healing/DPS, or even full DPS with supplimental healing? 

• 96 posts
    November 7, 2022 11:35 AM PST

Brutenga said:

This question is in regard to gameplay. Will there be any sort of mechanic that allows you to "build" your character skillsets? the ability evolutions seem like they could lead themselves to the concept. Something reminiscent to a talent tree, a bit of freedom to experiment and theory craft a playstyle that isn't quite so cookie-cutter. A large ask I know, as with any of these systems there is always a superior "build" that just becomes the standard everybody is expected to pick, which detracts from the entire reason the system was created to begin with.

Even something as in a Druid's case, could I build more emphasis on healing/CC, healing/DPS, or even full DPS with supplimental healing? 

I think this will be handled by the Mastery system they have planned. You'll be able to allocate mastery points in different variations allowing you to specialize your character in one form or another. The difficult part will be balancing things to avoid as many one-sided metas as possible. 

This post was edited by Neyos at November 7, 2022 11:36 AM PST
    • 102 posts
    November 7, 2022 4:54 PM PST

Neyos said:

I think this will be handled by the Mastery system they have planned. You'll be able to allocate mastery points in different variations allowing you to specialize your character in one form or another. The difficult part will be balancing things to avoid as many one-sided metas as possible. 

That's the system I was referring to in my original question, I couldnt remember the name of it so I called it ability evolution >.< . I was curious if there would be other systems that would further enhance the ability of specialization. Perhaps the inclusion of weapon abilities or armor abilities under the mastery system akin to ESO. I really liked their idea at first, but after getting familiar with it, the system felt a bit shallow. 

This post was edited by Brutenga at November 7, 2022 4:56 PM PST
    • 258 posts
    November 8, 2022 5:13 AM PST

Will the game be designed around ways to avoid recieving grief from other players? Such as training to camps, mob stealing, dungeon penalties and such?

This post was edited by BigBadAzz1 at November 8, 2022 5:16 AM PST
    • 947 posts
    November 8, 2022 1:54 PM PST

Any more info about Bard and/or Necro?  i.e. expected mechanics, roles, possible future reveal from Joppa, or maybe ideas for their iconic skills (like the other class's vine bridge, climbing rope, raft, etc.)

• 77 posts
    November 10, 2022 6:21 AM PST

Probably too late but....

How are you going to prevent griefing when participating in the in depth mount taming?  I can see it easy to abuse the sneaking system like BotW in a MMO situation.(My friend wants that super rare mount so I'm just going to keep scaring it away and hope you give up or if I can't have the mount NOBODY can!).  Or just accidentally people running over a mob that you have been trying to tame for a while.

Will the world maps have GPS / LOC type feature?

This post was edited by Nexira at November 10, 2022 6:23 AM PST
    • 26 posts
    November 10, 2022 12:06 PM PST

Solo – again.
    No! I do not want to level by grinding mobs. I do not want some way to avoid groups.

I can’t walk past an herb or flower without stopping to gather. As this could often get me kicked from groups with a purpose, I resist the urge when I’m there to help. However, I can’t see asking a tank to tag along when they might prefer to be working on crafting better gear. How does “hindered solo” work for gathers?

I’m interested in the Perception system. Do I group with other Preceptees? How does LFG – Preceptees work? Will the limited soloing cause the system to draw virtual lines we all follow. Will the Perception system be designed to expand the open world or narrow the world because of forced grouping?

Does ‘designed to group’ – which I agree with – overshadow the solo activities of gathering and or Perception? Working at a forge or sewing table doesn’t require a group.

Must I group with gathers so we can tip toe through the tulips together?

So looking forward to Alpha,

• 3 posts
    November 14, 2022 8:44 PM PST

From what we've been shown some zones seem really massive, particularly the open outdoor zones, is there any worry about the world feeling big and empty even if there are actually a lot of players?

• 122 posts
    November 14, 2022 8:55 PM PST

Using Thronefast as an example, what do you intend concerning things to do in starting cities?  With class starting areas outside the Thronefast gates like what was discussed in the July livestream and the town of Avalia, why go inside Thronefast and what does the inner city offer?  How will what it offers differ from other cities in MMO's?

• 3 posts
    November 15, 2022 8:23 AM PST

One thing that made traditional MMOs like Everquest amazing was the diversity of factions within even just one area. Can we expect Pantheon to have faction diversity between guilds and even individual NPCs within a city or zone?

What about class faction? Will different classes have different starting factions? Like a Dire Lord would maybe be disliked by the Paladin guild?

• 394 posts
    November 16, 2022 8:32 AM PST

typeclint said:

One thing that made traditional MMOs like Everquest amazing was the diversity of factions within even just one area. Can we expect Pantheon to have faction diversity between guilds and even individual NPCs within a city or zone?

What about class faction? Will different classes have different starting factions? Like a Dire Lord would maybe be disliked by the Paladin guild?

The stream with the Shaman starting location has one of the devs playing a DL get wrecked by a Pally guard in the newb town.