Forums » News and Announcements

NOVEMBER EVENTS

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    November 3, 2022 8:35 AM PDT

In case you missed it in our last newsletter, here's what's in store for Pantheon in the month of November.

This post was edited by Roenick at November 3, 2022 8:36 AM PDT
    • 26 posts
    November 3, 2022 11:56 AM PDT

I have been in silent 'waiting for Beta' mode for a few years, will probably upgrade to Alpha soon, so this is a question not a complaint.
    When I watched the “water world” portion of the last video I was wondering why this feature is important. Not ‘creep’ nor unnecessary, but why now? I have been watching the slow but steady progress as most of you for a while.
    Why not, for instance. devote the time and limited budget to finishing the land areas as playable or at least testable for Alpha? Water features can be added as Beta is becoming available.
    In a past life, I was a contractor and was homeless – renting- for a while. I set aside some budget and time to build a house on land that I owned. I did allow “feature creep” a bit so it took me two years to finish making all the trim and the kitchen cabinets. It was, for a while, pre-alpha but it was warm and dry. After it was finished, I converted a shop area into a finished office. About ten years ago and working in a different field, I realized that I had been non too happy with how I has done the kitchen/breakfast nook. With some time on my hands, I took out a few walls, moved some plumbing and electric and made some matching cabinets. The first day when my wife got home, she wondered “What happened to my walls.”
    We sold the house several years ago as empty nesters and bought a cottage less than half the size, which needed a total renovation. Being retired it took me two years to get it finished. My wife tolerated pre- alpha with a kitchen consisting of a piece on plywood on saw horses with a sink cut in, while I made the cabinets, and a counter top from 8/4 slab wood. It’s done. Everyone likes it and remarks how an old guy can still function. Over the next several months while waiting for Alpha, I will probably redo the bathroom - not necessary or urgent – but my wife will like it.
    O.K. Too long and meandering. I learned to meander some fifty years ago while in collage in Texas. Get to where you are going and enjoy the journey.
    I get it. I have tried almost every MMO out there. “Nothing tastes” All of us feel it. I can almost see the angst on Joppa’s face sometimes. Why not “finish” what we have and wait for the rest?

• 26 posts
    November 3, 2022 11:59 AM PDT

I posted this in the wrong spot. Will not be sad to see it moved.

• 252 posts
    November 3, 2022 2:54 PM PDT

Any news on the Cohh stream. Is the fact that it isn't on the schedule a sign it hasn't bee scheduled yet, or has been scheduled for next month?