Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

The Newsletter Games

• 727 posts
    October 26, 2022 9:57 AM PDT

Place your bets:

What big change in font color will tickle our happy parts in this week's newsletter? 

Let's play a little game and guess what changes will be announced about the construction of a magical world of adventure and comradeship. 

- From red to yellow is the main category with a free bonus for a yellow to green call. 

- The more you guess correctly the higher the score. 

- I do the scoring and the rules are incomprehensible. 

Prize is Banana Nut Bread made by StoneFish and shipped overnight- North America only- ( if you're elsewhere on earth you have to come get it.) Or I'll gift you something in-game in the future, just remind me later. 

Pick up to 3 changes from Section A

Pick one change from Section B

SECTION A

From Red(to do) to Yellow (in progress) 

1. Basic Guild System 

2. Acclimation 

3. Swimming 

4. Factions 

5. Perception 

6. Ability loadouts 

7. Pets

8. LFG tool

SECTION B

From Yellow (in progress) to Green (complete for Alpha)

1. Class and Combat

2. Network overhaul

3. Crafting and Gathering

4. Climbing

5. Dispositions and Traits

6. New Player tutorial/area/experience 

I am not including the main Art fields of work as art is an ongoing endeavor because artists are delicate flighty folks that need "inspiration" and "soul". Please don't disturb them, and if they show up missing an ear just try and ignore it. 

• 6 posts
    October 26, 2022 10:12 AM PDT
    I want to be on the record as guessing there will be no changes. Can I do that?
    • 727 posts
    October 26, 2022 10:15 AM PDT

Aeryneliss said: I want to be on the record as guessing there will be no changes. Can I do that?

Sure.  Counted, but I hope you don't win. 

• 35 posts
    October 26, 2022 11:21 AM PDT

Aww, Aery!  Say it isn't so!

• 6 posts
    October 26, 2022 11:25 AM PDT
    Someone has to bid $1. Thems the rules.
    • 295 posts
    October 26, 2022 4:59 PM PDT

Section A

Pet System started. 

Initial work started on the Acclimation System

Swimming in developer client being tested for upcoming or later PA test

Section B

Network Overhaul Supporting systems complete. Initial work being done on Pet System

Cleric levels 10-20 completed to match levels completed on other playable classes.

Some initial playtesting on ranged combat being tested by QA team

Warrior and Paladin classes in final testing before adding to PA test build, Levels 1-10

Basically, looking forward to more completion of the remaining Network Overhaul supporting systems. That would mean a great deal to them getting closer to working on the remaining classes.

• 161 posts
    October 27, 2022 12:06 AM PDT

Watching the Road to Alpha closely.

I have fifty dollars in a jar waiting for the completion of the ViNL milestone, optimistic about my odds.

• 1284 posts
    October 27, 2022 8:13 AM PDT

SWIMMING!!  (ok, I cheated, I didn't post until after it was published)

• 727 posts
    October 27, 2022 9:23 AM PDT

Haha.  No winner this time.   

I'll give more of a heads up next month and move this to off-topic. 

Great newsletter, love to hear things are looking stable .  Swimming is coming along, I'll be in the water often, my little Halfling legs a blurry wash as I power to the deep.   A few more months and I tie up some major projects on my end, then I get a new video card and get back to gaming.   I can't tell you all how wonderful it is to see the community grow.   Peace.  

• 1284 posts
    October 27, 2022 11:34 AM PDT

StoneFish said:

... my little Halfling legs a blurry wash as I power to the deep...

I'll challenge you to a Duel of the Depths!  We see how deep we can swim down into the wellpond.  That's all...nothing about making it back to the surface alive.