Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

The State of States

• 342 posts
    August 1, 2022 10:21 AM PDT

Here's the chart of the character states that were provided to us in April of 2020...

Pantheon States

I bring this back up for the purpose of measuring creep within the development over the past two years.  We have seen several streams about the mechanics of giving NPCs dispositions, certain effects NPCs have on their spells to alter the player's state, and abilities we have seen from spells or abilities our characters can have.  There has been nothing I have seen on a stream that falls outside one of these states.

On another note, there are several in here that are very interesting for spells or abilities the playable races may have.  But, the more exciting aspect of this list is the recognition that the NPCs will also have these tools available.  NPCs that can charm you, place you in autoattack, make your character nob be able to turn, make you sit down, place you in stealth.  What if a mob feigns death on a double pull as his health hits 10% and as you switch to the other mob, it gets back up when your back is turned and starts wailing on your healer? It's frighteningly fun.

One of the best examples is the face they could charm you, make you cast spells or autoattack your own group.  Now, what do you do in the example?  Do you try to dispell the charm?  Can you?  Do you debuff your own teammate until the charm is gone?  Do you stun or mez your own teammate? 

As far as states go, there may be some others that VR is adding to this list but if so, they aren't being loud about it yet.  And now that pets and summoners are being introduced to the game, combat is going to get a lot more interesting.

This post was edited by Benonai at August 1, 2022 10:49 AM PDT
    • 326 posts
    August 1, 2022 1:42 PM PDT

Another infographic of awesome, thx.

• 102 posts
    August 1, 2022 5:35 PM PDT

I think as a druid, if my teammate gets charmed im rooting his a** :). especially if he's going to start wailing on me! 

• 342 posts
    August 1, 2022 8:14 PM PDT
    Haha
    • 295 posts
    August 1, 2022 9:14 PM PDT

Brutenga said:

I think as a druid, if my teammate gets charmed im rooting his a** :). especially if he's going to start wailing on me! 

Good stuff...lol

NPC charming players will be scary and nerve wracking, but fun to witness.

• 295 posts
    August 1, 2022 9:21 PM PDT

Benonai said:

As far as states go, there may be some others that VR is adding to this list but if so, they aren't being loud about it yet.  And now that pets and summoners are being introduced to the game, combat is going to get a lot more interesting.

NPC Summoners, Rangers and just pets in general are going to be a problem especailly considering VR's plans for advance and creative pathing combined with pet and ranged dispositions(which we haven't ever seen I don't think). I'm already scared. I'm going to stay in a group as often as possible. My soloing days might be over in MMOS...lol.

Good stuff!

This post was edited by Dikenzu at August 1, 2022 9:23 PM PDT
    • 454 posts
    August 1, 2022 11:20 PM PDT

Makes me even more excited to play this game!

• 724 posts
    August 2, 2022 7:04 AM PDT

I am very pleased that ' confused ' is part of the list of states one can be in as I would find it off-putting if others were exhibiting calm rational behavior around me. 

• 173 posts
    August 3, 2022 6:54 AM PDT

If you can't have your O face... I mean "Surprised"... it's just a game I'm not playing.

• 63 posts
    August 3, 2022 7:31 AM PDT
    Petition to have "can't turn" amended to "can't turn left."
    • 96 posts
    August 3, 2022 9:31 AM PDT

I wonder how many states can you be in simultaneously and which ones cannot co-exist. Like, can you be wet AND burning; and which ones will change based on other states? If you're wet and electrified, does it increase your chance of being stunned? 

What is the primary hand / secondary hand state?

Also, you have Disarmed on there twice.

• 174 posts
    August 3, 2022 9:47 AM PDT

I believe the disarmed(s) go with the previous line, i.e. "primary hand disarmed" and "secondary hand disarmed". Just my take.

• 96 posts
    August 3, 2022 10:03 AM PDT

Ah, ok. that makes sense.