Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Looking for a Guild in WoW classic to pass the time

• 560 posts
    July 16, 2022 11:19 PM PDT

A few weeks ago, I got talked into playing WoW Classic with some friends and to be completely honest I was shocked I enjoyed it. I had semi recently played WoW live again and got bored and quit almost instantly. But Classic Burning Crusade has something that is holding my attention and well frankly I am having fun.

Sadly, my friends are playing on a PVP server and tonight while doing quests in Redridge Mountains at level 18 I was killed along with every other low-level character in the area with one hit from a hord rogue. I have had this happen a few other times mostly they just kill you once and then run. But this rouge stuck around killing me and my friend 5 times. While this was not the first time this has happened, it was the last straw for my PVP experiment. I am now looking to start again on a PVE server. Not sure if I will transfer my level 30 rogue with me or not.

I am posting this all here in the hopes that others here might also be passing time in WoW Classic maybe even a guild worth of players? I am holding off picking a server until I can coordinate with at least one friend that will be joining me and to see if I get a response from this post.

A little about me. I started with EQ a year after launch and played for close to 4 years. Sense then I have tried many MMO's and while I have enjoyed most for a time Vanguard is the only other game I really loved. Admittedly WoW as much as I blame it for taking MMO's in the wrong direction also did some things right.

The journey is what is important too me and while I like to level, I am not necessarily looking forward to the end. I am not against scheduling some of my play time or keeping a character to a level range of a group as we level together. I love pushing the boundaries and can think of nothing I like better than a dungeon to explore.

I am able to type but I have really grown used to voice chat. I know most people do not know about it yet but Guilded is my preferred program but I am happy to use Discord as well.

• 295 posts
    July 17, 2022 1:07 AM PDT

If you don't find a guild, you might consider the guild that Nathan Napalm is in. They are looking for players and will be especially welcoming to Pantheon players. They are leveling on the Pagle TBC server in preparation for Wrath of the Lich King.

Good Luck!

• 560 posts
    July 17, 2022 11:05 AM PDT

That sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion.