Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

May DRT.

• 454 posts
    June 3, 2022 11:05 PM PDT

ok, I'm a big fan of the LAS.  I think it will make combat more strategic.  I'm also want to play with the perception system.  I plan to be a keeper because it sounds really interesting to me.  It makes exploring more impactful.  I am a little worried about how I will need to have "keeper actions" on my LAS.  I will most likely main a shaman, so I will need to keep a Rez up, which I hope to not use much. I'm wondering how often my keeper skill will be used.  if the keeper slot is on the action bar, there's two slots I won't use much.  so, I'm Hoping that the keeper actions can go in a buff slot.   If the keeper functions go in the active slots, I'm down to six. How much of an impact can six slots have?  Just wondering.

• 161 posts
    June 4, 2022 12:31 AM PDT

I was struck by the possibility that Shaman might be a very good fit for Keeper, because of their  ties to history. Can't Shaman extract and manipulate attributes?

Very interesting.

• 3852 posts
    June 4, 2022 8:10 AM PDT

Come alpha we will get our first real idea of how many usable slots we have, how many abilities we have competing for those slots and whether there are any ancillary bars for non-combat abilities. 

After pre-alpha, whenever that is, they will surely spend time analyzing the results and feedback and thinking very hard about how they want to position what they have for the first real rollout of a playable game. Some previous comments indicate that they will shoot for something more polished and complete than alphas usually are in order to use it to appeal to potential new investors and publishers.  So whatever they show now may well be quite different from what we see then. 

This post was edited by dorotea at June 4, 2022 8:11 AM PDT
    • 295 posts
    June 4, 2022 10:19 AM PDT

Everyone needs to keep in mind that VR has often said that once folks get into Alpha they will evaulate all the systems and tweek them when necessary...that includes the LAS. They have also stated that the LAS is designed to be shortened or expanded if needed. They are not going to release a system that noone is happy with and changes are a given. We can try the LAS in it's current implementation and see how it works out during Alpha and give feedback. They have adjusted numerous things from player feedback and the LAS is no different.

• 2756 posts
    June 6, 2022 1:09 PM PDT

Dikenzu said:

Everyone needs to keep in mind that VR has often said that once folks get into Alpha they will evaulate all the systems and tweek them when necessary...that includes the LAS. They have also stated that the LAS is designed to be shortened or expanded if needed. They are not going to release a system that noone is happy with and changes are a given. We can try the LAS in it's current implementation and see how it works out during Alpha and give feedback. They have adjusted numerous things from player feedback and the LAS is no different.

Yep, they (Joppa IIRC and others) have specifically said LAS might be expanded and has been designed with that in mind. Given we are hearing about Techniques, I wouldn't be surprised if LAS is already changed from previous pre-alpha setups.