Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Sound Engine in Pantheon

• 9 posts
    April 21, 2022 1:27 PM PDT

Greetings all,

Admittingly I have not thoroughly looked into this topic, but wanted to ask the question to the Pantheon team.  What kind of Audio Engine are you using?  I am very big into quality audio and when games do it correctly, it adds so much more to the immersion factor.  On top of the engine itself, is the audio something all digitally created, will it be composed, voice acting or some mixture of all the above?  As a current Advisor Pledge I cannot wait to be able to test the game and I hope to hear great things while doing so!  

This post was edited by skeeb23 at April 21, 2022 1:28 PM PDT
    • 173 posts
    April 22, 2022 6:26 AM PDT

That’s a great question. I’m curious what VR is using. My guess is that they are using Unity’s audio system, which is based on FMOD.

• 1281 posts
    April 22, 2022 6:33 AM PDT

skeeb23 said:

Greetings all,

Admittingly I have not thoroughly looked into this topic, but wanted to ask the question to the Pantheon team.  What kind of Audio Engine are you using?  I am very big into quality audio and when games do it correctly, it adds so much more to the immersion factor.  On top of the engine itself, is the audio something all digitally created, will it be composed, voice acting or some mixture of all the above?  As a current Advisor Pledge I cannot wait to be able to test the game and I hope to hear great things while doing so!  

The only piece I can answer, for sure, is the voice acting.  They have stated in multiple streams that there will be little to no voice acting because it is far too expensive.

• 9 posts
    April 22, 2022 8:55 PM PDT

Thank you for the response.  Honestly I am fine with no voice acting as long as the rest of the sound is done well.  

• 1287 posts
    April 23, 2022 8:05 AM PDT

I actually don't like voice acting.  I mean, there have been a few iconic moments in games that I really did enjoy, but I'd say probably 97% or more I would have preferred not to be in the game.  
    Thinking about it I guess I like the quick short snippets.  What I don't like is full paragraph dialogues when I can just read the text in my own head and decide what it would sound like on my own.  When given the option I always turn it off or skip it so I can read in peace hehe.  

• 2078 posts
    April 23, 2022 1:27 PM PDT

Hiya Skeeb,

I can't answer any other questions for ya. But I can put up this link, to listen to some samples of official Pantheon music/soundtrack that is already available in case you haven't heard it yet. Enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/pantheon-rotf

• 9 posts
    April 23, 2022 6:06 PM PDT

Jothany said:

Hiya Skeeb,

I can't answer any other questions for ya. But I can put up this link, to listen to some samples of official Pantheon music/soundtrack that is already available in case you haven't heard it yet. Enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/pantheon-rotf

Awesome, checking this out now, thank you!

• 9115 posts
    April 25, 2022 4:52 PM PDT

Thread cleaned up. Please remember the guidelines, no one-word replies and respect the OP by remaining on topic or risk official action being taken.

• 97 posts
    April 25, 2022 7:24 PM PDT

Considering Joppa's past being a sound engineer, I imagine that whatever VR does regarding sound, it won't be neglected. It'll be one of those 'finishing touches' kinds of things post-launch.