Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Build-A-Bear

• 295 posts
    March 30, 2022 12:07 AM PDT

The HDRP 2 stream raised some questions in the community about the visuals. Despite it being the first pass of Thronefast, some were acting like it was a the final draft. VR has consistently maintained that the work on visuals will be ongoing until Alpha is released and beyond. There will be more passes and updates to the building of Thronefast. Still the questions and criticisms continued. 

I was never concerned because I keep what VR has actually said in my mind plus I have watched several videos on creating within the HDRP. For example, I watched at least 3 videos on creating a day/night cycle in the HDRP and they nailed it in the HDRP 2 stream. I also watched a few on what is possible, graphically, in HDRP and can envision that with Pantheon.

Moreover, I recently watched VR's the Making Of A City stream for the first time and was impressed. My confidence was reinforced by the care and dedication that VR continues to put forth in the making of Pantheon. Combining what was said in those 2 streams, about the creation of Thronefast, gets me excited that the final verion of Thronefast will be something special. I invite you to watch both streams if you haven't becasue they will give you more well rounded understanding of how Pantheon, and Thronefast in particular, will look when it's ready for Alpha/Release. 

I believe it will be something exceptional and I can't wait to log in.

• 3852 posts
    March 30, 2022 8:58 AM PDT

Hopefully our ursine friends will not be unduly disrupted by all the improvements. Otherwise I agree with all you say.

• 1287 posts
    March 30, 2022 11:39 AM PDT

Agreed!  I have watched the making of a city stream a couple times (once a little over two years ago, agian about 4 months ago).  I was still impressed the second time I watched it.  Taking what they show in that stream plus what they've done and said since then and I get super excited.  I imagine what it might look and feel like when we're actually there, with other players!  Looking forward to it!

• 2070 posts
    March 30, 2022 12:16 PM PDT

Ok, either I missed something in the stream or I'm just being oblivious. What the heck does "build-a-bear" have to do with this discussion?

:)

• 2138 posts
    March 30, 2022 12:33 PM PDT

*marvels at project faerthale in the wings*

• 839 posts
    March 30, 2022 6:08 PM PDT

Manouk said:

Absolutely, faethale shows the intention.. it's just a matter of time! Of course not every biome looks as lush and beautiful as a rainforest type setting like that, but if they even achieve half of the detail from faethale everywhere will look pretty bloody amazing

• 295 posts
    March 30, 2022 8:58 PM PDT

Manouk said:

Indeed! That was the second thing I was thinking about. Seeing Faerthale in the new HDRP will be such a treat. I will be front and center when they show that. 

• 295 posts
    March 30, 2022 9:01 PM PDT

dorotea said:

Hopefully our ursine friends will not be unduly disrupted by all the improvements. Otherwise I agree with all you say.

Ha! They will be fine...we hope.

• 295 posts
    March 30, 2022 9:08 PM PDT

Jothany said:

Ok, either I missed something in the stream or I'm just being oblivious. What the heck does "build-a-bear" have to do with this discussion?

Just being creative with the title friend. Watching 'The Making(Building) Of A City' was the spark of this post. 

• 2070 posts
    March 30, 2022 10:14 PM PDT

Cool, thanks.

• 888 posts
    March 31, 2022 12:14 PM PDT

Dikenzu said:

Jothany said:

Just being creative with the title friend. Watching 'The Making(Building) Of A City' was the spark of this post. 

I figured that you were at the mall when you wrote it, looked around for inspiration, and had to choose between Build-A-Bear, Hot Topic, and Hotdog on a Stick.  Since this is a fantasy game, Build-A-Bugbear would've also worked.

• 454 posts
    March 31, 2022 10:05 PM PDT

Graphics are for me the least important part of the game.  From what I have seen so far I am very satisfied with the graphics.  If they get better, Great! If they are final as of now, no problem.  I really look forward to grouping, perception, climates, climbing etc!

• 295 posts
    March 31, 2022 10:38 PM PDT

Questaar said:

Graphics are for me the least important part of the game.  From what I have seen so far I am very satisfied with the graphics.  If they get better, Great! If they are final as of now, no problem.  I really look forward to grouping, perception, climates, climbing etc!

I'm operating form the perspective that we can have both. VR has spent a lot of time creating a challenging and very deep gameplay MMO. They are also working on having very decent graphics using the HDRP. We usually have to settle for one or the other, but we don't have to with Pantheon and that is why I'm excited. The graphics being planned will help with the immersion and the many gameplay systems, not just for show like other MMOs.

• 295 posts
    March 31, 2022 10:39 PM PDT

Counterfleche said:

Dikenzu said:

Jothany said:

I figured that you were at the mall when you wrote it, looked around for inspiration, and had to choose between Build-A-Bear, Hot Topic, and Hotdog on a Stick.  Since this is a fantasy game, Build-A-Bugbear would've also worked.

I would definitely have used Build-A-Bugbear if I thought of it...nice. 

This post was edited by Dikenzu at March 31, 2022 10:39 PM PDT