Forums » News and Announcements

Holiday Competition - Day 2

This topic has been closed.
    • 9115 posts
    December 21, 2021 3:54 AM PST

Day 2 - $50 WATCHER'S PLEDGE - The best post wins. GO! “You were kicked by a snake…”

Description: We start a post and the community will continue it however they like to form a crazy story, and the best-judged post will be the winner and receive a $50 WATCHER'S PLEDGE

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at December 21, 2021 3:54 AM PST
    • 3852 posts
    December 21, 2021 9:00 AM PST

"Snake" she screams! "How can you kick me - you have no feet. What crazy magic is this? I have to somehow bring you to heel and words are my sole remedy since I dare not toe the line and hit you. Is this real or some kind of hssssssss and hers dream? Aaarghhhhh a nightmare, set me free!"

• 1 posts
    December 21, 2021 1:12 PM PST

Snake Kick - Crestian

This post was edited by Crestian at December 21, 2021 1:12 PM PST
    • 31 posts
    December 21, 2021 1:19 PM PST

“You were kicked by a snake…”
    - Absolutely, mom.” Sarah replied with confidence.
    “And that's why you were late and came home past your curfew?” Her mother pressed.
    “Yeah the pain... oh god the pain, it got me right in the crotch" she answered she clutched her arms around her body “I had trouble walking afterwards.”
    - So this has nothing to do with you staying at your boyfriend's I presume?
    - "Well..." she hesitated. “It's kind of his snake that kicked me.”
    - “Since when does Steve have a snake?!” Her mother exclaimed in disbelief.
    - Since birth I supposed” Sarah with a mischievous air...
    “What do you mean?” Apprehension filled her mother’s voice.
    "Well you know..." Sarah shrugged. “He's a boy. I'm a girl. Can I make it any more obvious?”
    Her mother turned pale “You can't mean...” She stopped, raised a hand to cover her mouth and didn’t move as if frozen by the sudden realization of what her daughter was implying.
    “That's a euphemism! You told me not to be crude about these sort of things ! It's not lady-like !
    “OH MY GOD SARAH!” Her mother screamed “You're barely fourteen, you’re way too young to... to...” She gasped and cried “DID YOU USE PROTECTION AT LEAST?” She didn’t giver her daughter a chance to answer and as if biting her fist, lamented: “What am I gonna tell your father?”
    Sarah slightly tilted her head which rested on the back of her hands and as if lost in thought murmured “Dad would make a great granddad.” Across the table, her mother was staring at her in utter horror. She finally moved her lips some unintelligible syllables escaped her mouth.
    Finally Sarah put her mother out of her misery “Don’t worry mom, I was joking. Nothing happened.” Her mother collapsed onto her chair as if all her strength had suddenly left her. She whispered "So you didn’t… You and Steve haven’t…”
    “No.” said Sarah “I just wanted to help you put things in perspective. Now we can discuss my being 30 minutes late last night from a fresh standpoint.
    Her mother stared at her, torn between relief and outrage, “Sarah, you’ll be the death of me.” She finally lamented.
    “Sorry mom” Sarah laughed “Anyway! I guess you’re a bit tired after all these emotions. Why don’t we sleep on this?” She kissed her mother on the cheek and made to leave the room.
    Indeed her mother couldn’t muster the strength to chastise her daughter for her tardiness or the prank she just pulled on her. Yet, curiosity overtook her and she appealed to her retreating daughter “Sarah… I’m not sure I want to know but… why were you late last night, really?”
    Sarah turned around “Well… Steve and I wanted a good game to play together so we started looking for a good MMO but…
    - But?
    - But we couldn’t find any no matter how hard we looked and I kinda lost track of time.” She wheeled around and left.
    Left alone in the kitchen, her mother felt a bit of her strength returning. “An MMORPG, yes that’s a good idea...” she mumbled to herself. “Yes… they don’t need to be in the same room to play an MMORPG together.” She let out a menacing laugh “Oh daughter of mine, I’ll buy you and Steve a good mmo as soon as it releases. That will teach you to scare your mother like that!”

This post was edited by Nolrach at December 21, 2021 4:03 PM PST
    • 1860 posts
    December 21, 2021 3:19 PM PST

hmm 

i thought I posted about appreciating how ridiculously creative these posts are but maybe I didn't hit the button?  You guys crack me up.

Maybe my post got moderated?  Unsure?

• 113 posts
    December 21, 2021 3:39 PM PST

dorotea said:

"Snake" she screams! "How can you kick me - you have no feet. What crazy magic is this? I have to somehow bring you to heel and words are my sole remedy since I dare not toe the line and hit you. Is this real or some kind of hssssssss and hers dream? Aaarghhhhh a nightmare, set me free!"

From behind her she hears a chuckle and a deep voice says "This is no nightmare I'm afraid".

Startled from her reverie she spins around with a gasp, "Ahg you scared me! Who are you and what is going on?".

"I'm sorry" he said with a grin, "I've been following these bizzarre abominations for some time. My best guess is that someone is using magic to very strange effect on the creatures of Terminus, but I don't know how or why. Did I hear you say you know an incantation to bring them to heel?"

This post was edited by GeneralReb at December 21, 2021 3:39 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    December 21, 2021 4:54 PM PST

A big congratulations to Jordan on Facebook for winning the Day 2 $50 Watcher’s pledge! We love a good story here at Visionary Realms and Jordan’s was one of many good ones that we read! Thank you to everyone who posted and please stay tuned for tomorrow’s challenge.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at December 21, 2021 4:54 PM PST