Forums » Crafting and Gathering

If crafting isn't in at launch...

• 255 posts
    January 3, 2015 12:01 AM PST

I would think it has to be in at launch. Vanguard started off very badly (from a bug point of view) and from peoples initial reaction to the game, they didn't last much longer then a month or 2. If Pantheon starts off in a way where things are not implemented, then it could have the same reaction. People won't buy the game / sub to it if it isn't complete. And then once it is complete they may feel like it is too late to start playing a few months after launch when things are implemented. How many people read negative reviews about VG and never tried it even after the bugs were sorted out and the game was stable. I myself played at the start and after 2 months I had, had enough. I popped in every now and then with my all access account but never really played it after that as there was not a very big playing population left.

I don't think it is a case of get the game out in a hurry even if half baked. Seen that before with plenty of games. Take the time to finish it. Doesn't need to be totally polished but it needs to have all the components of a fully running MMO.

Doesn't need things like mounts or flying they can be expansions later on. People's feet can do the walking there, but I do think it needs to have crafting in at the starts. Not all recipes al long as recipes are kept up with the population level. (As long a the game has a slower progression than most. I know 2 months was enough in VG to max level and crafting that also helped me to stop playing since I had nothing much else to do.)

This post was edited by Boulda at January 3, 2015 8:51 AM PST
    • 311 posts
    January 10, 2015 9:01 PM PST

As I've said plenty of times I believe crafting and harvesting should be in at launch so hopefully we can get the money and we seem to have some people that are willing to do it without but money will still help. Any way if there is anyway to do it I say do it.

• 48 posts
    March 3, 2015 3:08 AM PST

Well the good news is Brad pretty much confirmed on the most recent round table it will be in, but funding is going to determine how polished / thought out it is going to be, but he did say he wants to evolve it past launch.