Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

WoW got one thing right

• 226 posts
    February 28, 2021 6:39 PM PST

Each expansion Blizzard releases draws me back in for a few weeks. I never really enjoy it, but It passes time. I've been playing Shadowlands recently. All these years later I still maintain WoW has done one thing better then nearly every other Fantasy MMO. Attacking and movement. I’m not talking about the entire combat system, just spell casting and attacking with movement. You have to admit, it’s buttery smooth. You feel like you have full control of what’s happening. The movement and directional attacks just work well together. It’s also nice there is never lag (I’m sure it’s because the graphics are dated). 

Let’s be clear, I am not talking about class balance, and the types of spells. Also, I am not talking about PVP, which is feels like a FPS with quick reactions, I hate it. I’m talking only about PVE.  I should also say, I hope Pantheon is nothing like WoW, other than this one area.  I don't want the combat system, or the reactionary spells. I just wanted to say, compared to other MMO’s I really like movement and positioning while attacking. I feel like I have full control of the action. I can’t really tell how it will be in Pantheon from the streams we have seen.

I’ve also been playing EQ2’s new expansion, and I enjoyed it for the most part. But movement and attacking in EQ2, is and always have been terrible.

• 9115 posts
    February 28, 2021 8:12 PM PST

Moved to Off-Topic as it relates to Blizzard and WoW, not Pantheon.

• 226 posts
    February 28, 2021 8:31 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Moved to Off-Topic as it relates to Blizzard and WoW, not Pantheon.

Thanks! Long live Pentheon!