Forums » Secret Class

There are no secrets amongst true friends ;)

• 15 posts
    August 27, 2015 1:53 PM PDT

I have always liked the idea of the reaver type class.  (DPS SK not a tank).

• 357 posts
    September 26, 2015 5:55 PM PDT

im hoping for a NECRO, but i wouldnt say no to a PSI either, or a DISC

• 19 posts
    September 27, 2015 6:34 AM PDT

Probably a no-no, but personally I mourned a little when Inquisitor didn't make the cut in Vanguard - a psi-power based magic tank that wielded scythes afaik, might've worn cloth too.  I just remember someone submitting some fanart of a Raki Inquisitor and I was like, "Yes!  So much YES!" There's not been many games that have implemented close to what I would describe as a 'magical fencer' type class that is that kind of... lighter armoured vs physical blows, yet very agile (so mayhap capable of mitigating via alternative means) and maybe even a little bit graceful.  More physical based than magical though i.e. not a mage that happens to use a sword alike to a channelling focus.  That would be something of a dream archetype for me.  But aye, Inquisitor, that looked like it had something there. :p  I would be muchly amazed if it turned out to be that.

Likely will be a Necro though... ... ...that I wouldn't be opposed to if it had some reimagined version of the Blood Mage as a sub-class. ;)

This post was edited by ThreeBeastSmile at September 27, 2015 6:35 AM PDT
    • 206 posts
    September 27, 2015 8:05 AM PDT

I could see a mixture of a Necromancer/Bloodmage type of healer. A healer with the pets of a Necromancer that assist the healer and plays similiar to the Vanguard Bloodmage.

I'm always in favor of a Disciple type of healer also.

This post was edited by Anasyn at November 13, 2015 9:45 AM PST
    • 504 posts
    October 16, 2015 2:37 AM PDT

Ok... I created this topic and yet my original post is missing. In fact the vast majority of my posts have vanished, sometimes in the middle of threads. What gives? I am a big fan of the improvements to the main website, you guys did a great job. The forum area on the other hand ........

• 1011 posts
    October 20, 2015 1:05 PM PDT

Jason said:

Ok... I created this topic and yet my original post is missing. In fact the vast majority of my posts have vanished, sometimes in the middle of threads. What gives? I am a big fan of the improvements to the main website, you guys did a great job. The forum area on the other hand ........

Jason - many of my old posts and threads are gone (archived) as well.  Kilsin had stated awhile back that all posts prior to January 1st 2015 have been archived/remove.  I see the point as there were a lot of topics that were irrelevant, or from the previous regimes, but there were quite a few relevant threads that are now MIA (and we are seeing repeats appear now). 

• 2013 posts
    October 24, 2015 12:44 PM PDT

I would hope for a truly unique class. Something out of the ordinary class line up. Front-line healer, magical tanker, magic based rogue type, etc. With a unique style and look of course.

• 426 posts
    November 9, 2015 2:40 PM PST

I have always been very fond of shape shifting classes, loved the concept of WoW's druid and the entire playstyle was devopled around shapeshifting. 

• 759 posts
    November 12, 2015 10:52 PM PST

I see Berserker and Necro missing from Patheon

There is this list of possible classes in an MMO:

Adept
    Alchemist
    Arcane Archer
    Ardent
    Artificer
    Assassin

Berserker

Blackguard
    Bladesinger
    Barbarian
    Bard
    Battlemage
    Battlerager
    Beastlord
    Binder
    Bounty Hunter
    Cavalier
    Cleric
    Delver
    Divine Born
    Dragon Knight
    Dragon Rider
    Dragonslayer
    Druid
    Duelist
    Fighter
    Gladiator
    Healer
    Illusionist
    Inquisitor
    Knight
    Lurk
    Medic
    Monk
    Mystic
    Necromancer
    Ninja
    Oracle
    Paladin
    Psion
    Psyblade
    Psychic Warrior
    Ranger
    Rogue
    Scavenger
    Scout
    Shadowdancer
    Shaman
    Sorcerer
    Soulknife
    Spidermage
    Spider Rider
    Summoner
    Swashbuckler
    Thief
    Thug
    Warlock
    Warlord
    Warmage
    Warrior
    Whisperer
    Witchhunter
    Wizard
    Psyblade

This post was edited by Pyye at November 12, 2015 10:54 PM PST
    • 83 posts
    November 19, 2015 9:13 PM PST

The Necromancer and ShadowKnight were were my 2 mains. Followed by the wizard.

• 357 posts
    November 21, 2015 12:11 AM PST

how about a SuperNovice? learn all the spells on one class, MMM novice goodness

yup double mana cost and gimme all the spells....

also i dont see Jedi on your big list? they have been a class in 2 MMOs sofar.

psyblade is there twice

This post was edited by Gawd at November 21, 2015 12:17 AM PST
    • 134 posts
    December 12, 2015 7:01 PM PST

I personally liked the Beast Lord, because it was a melee mage, and very under appreciated in EQ. Of course, with races akin to Iksar, Vah Shir, and Vulmane missing from this game, there's very few races to which it would fit. Actually, I'd pretty much leave it at the Skar. 

I think in the popularity contest spirit, Necromancer has the highest likelihood. Berserkers (at least in EQ1) were kinda... um... meh. I also really like the concept of the Disciple in VG. A spirital monk!

Anyhow, I'd mostly cast my vote for Necro on this, being realistic. 

• 243 posts
    December 25, 2015 6:24 AM PST

I would love to see a Bard, Beastlord or Necro. Seem to me that other than Direlord things involving slows, poison, diseases are missing. And Beastlord was like a partial shaman/melee w/pet and Bard was hands done the best at pulling.

• 2 posts
    January 12, 2016 5:26 PM PST

Melee support class

This post was edited by Smac at January 12, 2016 8:06 PM PST
    • 18 posts
    January 12, 2016 10:35 PM PST

Pyye said:

Where'd you find this list, Pyye? Off the top of my head, it's missing Priest, Witch (there is a Witchhunter though), Mage, Brawler, Engineer, etc. I did stumble upon this list http://www.listology.com/list/mmorpg-classes-long-list-part-1 and I thought it was very interesting. Didn't realize there were actually hundreds of classes I hadn't thought of. :)

• 31 posts
    January 24, 2016 5:58 PM PST

The most original and offbeat class in any MMO was Beast Master in FFXI. It was nothing like Beast Lord in EQ. It was a mistunderstood and unpopular class in FFXI, but for those patient and skilled enough, you could solo it to max level. Even then, most people did Beast Master parties from 50ish to max. The thing is if it was repeated in Pantheon, it wouldn't be the same. So what is my point?

I would love to see a class that has gameplay unlike any previously seen in any other game, the way that no one had done one like Beast Master. With any luck, some of the more standard classes will be designed to play in a way never before seen, but it wouldn't hurt to have the secret class come out and be something completely new.  Someone above mentioned a shapeshifter class, how about mixing that concept with the Blue Mage from FFXI? Blue Mage were mages that could learn enemy skills and use them in battle. So take it a step further and have a class that could learn to shapeshift into different enemies by fighting with them until they unlock the ability? Sounds pretty good to me.

• 182 posts
    February 2, 2016 5:29 PM PST

I would love to see a class that has gameplay unlike any previously seen in any other game...

A mechanical or construct class/race

• 2013 posts
    February 3, 2016 10:14 AM PST
    Probably not too popular an idea due to the obvious RNG effect of having such a class. But now that I think about it Id like to see a Gambler class. FF series has done a few variations of this including the Corsair class in XI. And while I loved the class it was usually a straight love or hate thing. Most min/maxers could get a bit butt hurt over it.
    • 73 posts
    February 13, 2016 3:02 AM PST

Psionic would be the once class i would love to see. Give them abilities like being able to see what a mob move will be (maybe a slow time sorta spell), Ability to force choke... etc etc.

• 100 posts
    February 13, 2016 5:26 PM PST

I would rather see Necromancer in the game, every game that I come across I always try to focus on playing a necromancer. All starting with Everquest, then Age of Conan, Dark Age of Camelot, many more. Even if the class was not called necromancer, the closest the class would resemble a necro I would jump on that bandwagon.

Definitely hoping for that necromancer!

• 164 posts
    March 2, 2016 5:47 AM PST

Phantomghost said:

I have always liked the idea of the reaver type class.  (DPS SK not a tank).

Oouh so you mean a Necro?

SK's are necros just with the ability to tank. SK's have exact same spells but just weak levels, with a couple of warrior type of abilities.

• 164 posts
    March 2, 2016 5:49 AM PST

Pyye said:

Adept
    Alchemist
    Arcane Archer
    Ardent
    Artificer
    Assassin

Berserker

Blackguard
    Bladesinger
    Barbarian
    Bard
    Battlemage
    Battlerager
    Beastlord
    Binder
    Bounty Hunter
    Cavalier
    Cleric
    Delver
    Divine Born
    Dragon Knight
    Dragon Rider
    Dragonslayer
    Druid
    Duelist
    Fighter
    Gladiator
    Healer
    Illusionist
    Inquisitor
    Knight
    Lurk
    Medic
    Monk
    Mystic
    Necromancer
    Ninja
    Oracle
    Paladin
    Psion
    Psyblade
    Psychic Warrior
    Ranger
    Rogue
    Scavenger
    Scout
    Shadowdancer
    Shaman
    Sorcerer
    Soulknife
    Spidermage
    Spider Rider
    Summoner
    Swashbuckler
    Thief
    Thug
    Warlock
    Warlord
    Warmage
    Warrior
    Whisperer
    Witchhunter
    Wizard
    Psyblade

we need some Dragon Knights up in this place, Got the dwarfs talking to the Ice Dragon. Be amazing if they tamed it, and got like MINI DRAGONS!!!! (MAKE THIS HAPPEN NOAAW!)

• 2013 posts
    March 2, 2016 9:14 AM PST
    So ...... Dragoon then? ;)
    • 100 posts
    March 3, 2016 9:21 PM PST

Those were the days of FFXI, Dragoons and seeing wyverns everywhere.

• 60 posts
    March 28, 2016 7:38 PM PDT

A true Beastmaster would be awesome, with the majority of spells having to do with animals and pets, with a few druid like spells thrown in. There are lots of classes that have had pets, but not too many that focus specifically on them.