Forums » Fan Creations

New Death Penalty Details - Just the Facts

• 2886 posts
    July 27, 2020 12:25 PM PDT

The death penalty is a critical aspect of any MMO. It affects how we perceive danger in the world, and therefore how we approach those situations. Because this is so important, it's also a very highly debated topic. In fact, judging by the hundreds of replies and hundreds of thousands of views on this thread https://pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2087/let-s-talk-death-penalty, I would even go as far to say that this is the single most talked-about issue in the Pantheon community. So needless to say, we could really use some solid information on this. Well late at night over this past weekend, Joppa made a surprise announcement about the death penalty in the Community Discord. And because chances are you missed that, let me tell you all about it: https://youtu.be/WlflgkyZ7OM 

• 560 posts
    July 27, 2020 12:45 PM PDT

As always informative and helpful.

• 99 posts
    July 28, 2020 7:26 AM PDT

I like most of it sounds like a good decision to me (7 Years EQ player) i think i still stings to loose all your bag inventory and loose xps. But your able to use your gear to get back to your corpse.

Dead in eq was kind of a sneak back or have somoeone go n retrieve your corpses to rez /  fighting = kind of impossible without gear . Its ok for me to not have to do that again.

The gear durability isnt my thing but i could live with that form of money sink as long as theres an option to not have to go back to town to repair all the time.

• 14 posts
    July 30, 2020 6:45 AM PDT

As I was watching out streamer bro Cohh play some survival games the thought occurred to me that what if the devs have respawn points closer to where you would be likey to die.  It seems similiar to a corpse run that in those games when you die you spoawn where your base was. What if this is integrated in the camp feature?

Just a few thoughts to add to the discourse...