Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

How long before Alpha release will we be notified?

• 48 posts
    July 18, 2020 2:49 PM PDT

I pledged with Knight like four years ago, and it was my understanding this came with alpha access, but this is a really long time to try to stay on top of the development of the game. So I don't check on the status of the game but once every few months, and because of this, I worry that I might miss Alpha testing. So are we going to get a month's advance warning? Two months or three months? Is this going to be via email? Is it going to be a separate email, or tagged in the newsletter? I want to know what to expect so that I don't miss the opportunity. 

• 287 posts
    July 18, 2020 2:57 PM PDT

I'm sure VR will send out emails when time comes but they announced the next pre alpha session will start this summer. Assuming all goes well, alpha may start at year's end, but that is just my guess. I think it would be safe to not expect alpha until 2021.

This post was edited by randomrob82 at July 18, 2020 2:58 PM PDT
    • 1 posts
    July 18, 2020 4:26 PM PDT

I'm hoping for an early fall Alpha - Usually when it starts getting later in the testing then it goes quick. Who knows though since this has been taking quite a while. 

• 256 posts
    July 19, 2020 12:51 AM PDT

I would assume that when the game proceeds into alpha all alpha members would be notified in an email. If I were you I would tune back in after this pre-alpha testing period to see where VR stands. I think that it was stated a while ago that they wanted to make this one of their last pre-alpha phases and their goal going into alpha was to have the entirety of King's Reach completed before pushing forward. I would expect to start hearing more about alpha next year.

• 3852 posts
    July 19, 2020 4:03 AM PDT

As I recall they did not say the next pre-alpha would be this Summer. They said they would make an announcement this Summer telling us when the next phase would be. Nor did they say this would be the last phase. So I do not expect alpha very soon.

• 136 posts
    July 21, 2020 9:32 AM PDT

I am sure they will send out an email, make sure your info is up to date. We are going into pre alpha 5 right now, in the next couple weeks. Everyone seems to be under the impression (which we have been before) that after pre alpha 5 they will have another pre alpha test (depending on how pre alpha 5 goes) and then probably alpha test after that later this year or early next year.

• 106 posts
    November 27, 2020 7:01 AM PST

Hello. Am hoping they let Alpha folks play test next year in 2021. Its been a long time coming lol.