Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - Is your characters...

• 1584 posts
    July 4, 2020 9:38 AM PDT

This is my take on this topic you going to go out with your best foot forward to get  a decent amount of friends and than close down on your circle and than honestly not care about what others think due to having your friends you can group with, unless of course your just a lone wolf and just enjoy the actual company of many people and don't decide to tie yourself down.

Or your coming in with a premade guild thats simply just waiting for the game to drop and basically not care about rep becuase you're coming in with long time members and didnt plan on grouping up with the people that dont like you anyway, or just keep it nuetral and basically maybe be known through your guild's rep or just be chilling and dont care if people do know who you are or not.

As for my specifically, I usually just get a guild with my friends that i know will be playing with and mainly play with my friends inside that guild and try to get people inside my guild to group up with first and than pug it after that, what happens during those times can lead to something either getting more friends inside the guild or on rarer occasion outside of it, but the chance is still their i just find it doubtful unless of course those people are simply just that cool to be around, but with discord i find this harder to achieve due to the fact that most of the time i will probably be speaking in that and not so much in game, so communicating enough to actually make something of it would have to be something both sides are trying to do, which can be a feat in itself depending on the situation.

This post was edited by Cealtric at July 4, 2020 9:52 AM PDT
    • 454 posts
    July 4, 2020 3:42 PM PDT

I would put my guild first.  But I would try to help players in need.  My rep would be very important to me.

• 690 posts
    July 5, 2020 4:36 PM PDT

Reputation isn't terribly important to me. My baseline post age 16 tends to keep me groupable so I haven't really needed to worry about it.

As for social reputation I get it, I blacklist people too, but I don't like it hitting the "guild blacklist" level or above.

It's easy for a playerbase to value skill and usefulness over all else and skilled/useful players will often be players who play the most. Professional guilds these days are made up of people who think permacamping to prevent other guilds from getting something is ok. I wouldn't like to see people getting a bad server-wide reputation just because they disagreed with a group of high guild players on some point of logic, or some other petty reason.

• 70 posts
    July 6, 2020 7:38 AM PDT

I don't get a reputation so I won't lose any either.

• 413 posts
    July 6, 2020 11:44 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Community Debate - Reputation - Is your character's in-game reputation important to you or do you act without the worry of consequences? #MMORPG #CommunityMatter

I always play and treat other well, as if there were cosequences. 

There is no screening process or training needed to become a guild leader or guild officer.  Every once and while you will run into some player/guild officer/leader who just takes themselves "way" to seriously, These are the "Barney Fife's of the MMORPG world.   These type of people are over the top and can be degrading and I love nothing more but to tell them to talk a long walk on a short pier.  I kind of like pushing these type of players over the cliff, well basically they are so close to cliff it is easy to do.  These are the people who are "offended" by default, and just need to find the player they would like to "police".  With that, the idea you let guilds have a voice in reputation system would kind of suck and would totally be abused.  As the Barney Fife's would try to take it over.

This post was edited by Zevlin at July 6, 2020 11:50 AM PDT
    • 79 posts
    July 7, 2020 12:29 PM PDT

Player rep should be a big deal. As others have said, I consider my characters to be an extension of me.