Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Where did you first die? (In game, not irl )

• 63 posts
    June 5, 2020 8:51 AM PDT

As a Barbarian Shaman my frist death was in Everfrost to a polar bear cub who back raged me while I was enaged with a skeleton. :)

• 724 posts
    June 5, 2020 10:32 AM PDT
    These are so great everyone ❤️.
    I laughed a lot at some of your recollections.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Keep them coming. Please. Any folly and misadventure tales. I love it.
    • 1584 posts
    June 5, 2020 12:08 PM PDT

Easy, Made a Monk Human in Qeynos, attacked one of those stupid fish by the Paladin/Cleric Guildmasters, as they quickly executed me on the spot, needless to say the fish lived and i deleted my character and made a monk human in freeport, and lived in fear of dark elves.

This post was edited by Cealtric at June 5, 2020 12:08 PM PDT
    • 5 posts
    June 5, 2020 12:15 PM PDT
    Fippy...Darkpaw. my sad little human ranger got smacked down from behind while barely defeating a cub...thought I had been ganked at first.
    • 1479 posts
    June 5, 2020 12:15 PM PDT

I started a bard in Kelethin and after beeing lvl 2 and finding my class master, I learnt "Song of dissonance" and at this time I didn't do twisting because I was a beginner.

After testing and liking it out, I vanquished bees and went back to the Lift to rest in safety close to my good pal the guard.

Then song of dissonance ticked.

This post was edited by Mauvais_Oeil at June 5, 2020 12:20 PM PDT
    • 346 posts
    June 5, 2020 7:04 PM PDT

In Beta, to a bug in Qeynos Hills. Fell through map.

In Live, as a Dark Elf Enchanter, I died to a Skeleton that was trained on me when killing beetles at the newbie log. Didn't know about straffe diagonal run geometry exploit to stay ahead of it. Died at the big hill before Neriak.

• 190 posts
    June 5, 2020 10:16 PM PDT

EQ was my first MMORPG, and first PC computer game. Made a Female Dark Elf Warrior. First death was drowning in Neriak's Commons. Then in Third Gate. Three times. I had a problem with not falling into the water, apparently. Then, once I got outside I died to those druid halflings at the ring as I explored. I had a hard first day until I found another player who taught me some really quick basics and gave me a few silver and a new sword.

• 14 posts
    June 6, 2020 8:14 AM PDT

I died a quick death to the Griffin in EC on my first day....I think I was level 6 and still had no idea what I was doing...One minute I was alive, the next I was dead

• 2138 posts
    June 6, 2020 10:07 AM PDT

I was fascinated, I read the manual, factions and all that. Talked to everyone in the safety of the palace. Figured out the green hue in the entranceway was the mage training area. I saw the guards and felt somewhat safe, and there was a kobold right there on the vestibule! and the guards werentl doing anything- I mean toes on the tile patio and just under the overhang- enough to keep put of the rain. I waited and it ran off after a while.

I see a spiderling and think that might be a good test- I could barely see , I run out- not that far, I could still see the glow from the fire pots and I hadn't made one swipe to the spiderling when I get killed, I didnt even see my attacker- I check the chat and.... a HERETIC?! I got slain by a heretic!!? oh man, I knew the game was complex but now I have to deal with dogma? I didnt think it was THAT complex- here I was thinking I could open gates to other areas and explore the world, since wizzy port spells were called gates at the time and mages were reffered to as gatecallers and I wanted to play as unoffensive as possible, friend to all! but now... oh man I had to not only insure faction but also beleifs! and I chose Quellious! 

• 12 posts
    June 6, 2020 12:40 PM PDT

The Gorge... Evil eye... Night time... Awful but obviously memorable. 

• 8 posts
    June 6, 2020 2:15 PM PDT

My first death was around level 4,I was up top in kelethin selling stuff from my inventory and I jumped off one of the platforms aiming for one below to shortcut to the lift. I missed and made a small crater on the forest floor.

• 99 posts
    June 6, 2020 9:16 PM PDT
    Dwarf rogue or paladin I dont remember i know it was a dwarf but on the chess board. I was exploring the area seen the chess table didnt pay attention to what the lvls were and got smoked.
    • 260 posts
    June 7, 2020 2:43 AM PDT

Janus said:

In Beta, to a bug in Qeynos Hills. Fell through map.

I constantly had that issue in Vanguard: SOH but that was after it went live. Had to get GM rezes a few times as there was no way I could get to the corpse.

• 7 posts
    June 8, 2020 8:33 PM PDT

StoneFish said: In EQ or any other mmo where it was your first go and then , surprise!, You dead.. Like may of you it may have been the first time you were standing in front of an NPC guard and went to type 'anything......). and auto attack was triggered. I was here, near the Bard and Lifts area. http://web.archive.org/web/20041218080212im_/http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hub/1815/kelethin.gif

I remember it well. Anarchy Online in the Temple of the Three Winds when I walked into the door for the first time and stepped right in front of a train. It was my first day in the game I was going in with a buddy and we both cackled like maniacs when we walked in and were immediatly sourrounded by a pack of Atrox dressed in blue pajamas who began to beat us like a drum into a fine smooth paste.

This post was edited by tooms at June 8, 2020 8:35 PM PDT
    • 7 posts
    June 9, 2020 2:58 PM PDT

It was in EQ, I fell off one of the platforms in Kelethin. Took me a while to find my body under the town.

• 523 posts
    June 9, 2020 3:37 PM PDT

EQ1 Beta, very early on.  Was leveling a Monk in and around Qeynos for a week or so, maybe got him up to the low teens.  Friend came over and wanted to go exploring, so we just started running into new zones.  Marveled at our first Hill Giant and escaped several other perils until we got to High Pass Hold, which we never even knew existed.  Found the inn there with the waterfall and we were just wow'd at everything graphically.  Eventually we wanted to leave and go back to Qeynos, but we had no idea where we were, how we got there, or how to get back.  It was tense getting there in the first place, at this point it was full on panic realizing if we died, we were never getting our corpse or loot back.  At some point while trying to figure out how to get out, we had a named Orc aggro from above and dropped down on us, before we could even start to feign, we were dead, and that was that.  That Monk remains there to this day.  That friend that kept pushing to explore further was persona non grata for a very long time.

• 839 posts
    June 9, 2020 6:02 PM PDT
    Most likely within the 1st venture out into greater fay when first learnt that orcs pawns gang up and mana runs out :)
    • 724 posts
    June 10, 2020 6:49 PM PDT

Mathir.

That's great. I ran off to explore too once. Got a few chats that started, 'how did you get here?' The danger of running off into unknown wild lands is thrilling.

This post was edited by StoneFish at June 10, 2020 6:50 PM PDT
    • 332 posts
    June 11, 2020 8:37 PM PDT

That stupid lift in Gfay ... back in the day on dial up :/

• 1 posts
    June 12, 2020 8:52 PM PDT

fell off Kelethin lift.

• 28 posts
    June 12, 2020 11:58 PM PDT

PoD in Freeport, which was then followed by /ragequit that lasted about 5 minutes. 

• 122 posts
    June 13, 2020 1:44 PM PDT

My first death was in EQ1 as my Iksar Warrior.  I fell into the canals in Cabilis and drowned because I couldn't figure out how to look up....

• 119 posts
    June 13, 2020 8:21 PM PDT

My first ever MMO death was in UO, near the town of Yew. I made my character, logged in and it was nighttime. I got lost in the dark (I was using a CRT with very poor brightness and could only see things near a light source in the game), found a deer and attacked it with my dagger and it killed me haha.

In EQ, my first ever death was as a human wizard in the commonlands. I made the mistake of attacking a snake and despite winning, died to its poison.

• 32 posts
    June 13, 2020 8:43 PM PDT
    I remember being killed by those vengeful skeles in Everfrost alot. Not sure if it was my first, but it happened alot when I started
    • 32 posts
    June 13, 2020 8:43 PM PDT

Double post, can't figure out how to delete on my phone

This post was edited by Stublin at June 13, 2020 8:45 PM PDT