Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Drinking alchahol in pantheon

• 79 posts
    May 28, 2020 7:29 PM PDT

I am hopeing that   getting drunk in pantheon is more than just  wobbling a little  end everythings fuzzy,  over drinkers should be punished , they should fall on the ground and puke then black out, and if your just  wasted ugly npcs appear as preety  even if it was a ugly  goat,i think this would be hiularious and not to hard to do just tag some npcs as ugly  and others as preety, some  quests could only be gotten when sufficently drunk

• 810 posts
    May 28, 2020 7:32 PM PDT
    Reduce the con check of mobs. You are pretty sure you could take that dragon!
    • 10 posts
    May 28, 2020 7:58 PM PDT

You drink so much that you get to the ingame version of blackout drunk and any quests you may have started are removed from your quest log. Or quests you take while that drunk have maybe a mission to drop your sword into a lake to become enchanted, but on sobering up, the quest dialogue changes to something completely different and now you are wondering what you were doing and where is your sword lol.

• 438 posts
    May 28, 2020 8:06 PM PDT
    Leave alcohol alone. Do whatever you want with alchahol tho
    • 839 posts
    May 28, 2020 8:45 PM PDT

Jobeson said: Reduce the con check of mobs. You are pretty sure you could take that dragon!

Haha! Love that so much! Lots of fun to be had with silly drunk con messages.

• 238 posts
    May 29, 2020 1:27 AM PDT

Seona said:

You drink so much that you get to the ingame version of blackout drunk and any quests you may have started are removed from your quest log. Or quests you take while that drunk have maybe a mission to drop your sword into a lake to become enchanted, but on sobering up, the quest dialogue changes to something completely different and now you are wondering what you were doing and where is your sword lol.

I don't think that having a player completely lose their quest log is a good thing. I mean yeah actions should have consequences but this is harmful to the player experience. Also, consider this what if there is a boss out there who applies the drunken debuff on players to the point that they can become that intoxicated should they be punished for that aspect of gameplay

Now I would like to see the drunken state be meaningful. I think that Jobeson brought up a good idea with having con check on mobs reduced, but I would go a step further and have their con check on you also reduced. Meaning that not only could a player underestimate their ability to confront a mob, but a mob might be able to exploit this weakness. Maybe even toss in an additional exp penalty from dying while intoxicated. 

The counterbalance to all this though is maybe there are some quests and conditions that have to be met while in an intoxicated state either in terms of completing a quest or being able to communicate with the NPC giving the quest. This goes back to the whole thing that they were trying to show in their stream last night in terms of certain conditions that have to be met before an NPC will attempt to navigate you further along. I think that having the intoxication effect be one of these conditions could really increase immersion, add to the dynamic gameplay element, and create unique opportunities for storytelling.

• 10 posts
    May 29, 2020 2:52 AM PDT

Baldur, I also don't really wish that quest logs get scrubbed. My post wasn't meant to be taken as a serious suggestion. It was more just thinking of my Rl blackout drunks and how it would play out in a fantasy game land. Apologies. Also, I like your thoughts in your paragraph 3

• 2138 posts
    May 29, 2020 6:57 AM PDT

I like the Con check idea, that its reduced when drunk, that seems an easy thing to code in. Ratchet down the Consider heiarchy relative to height of intoxication.

in DnD, iirc one of the benefits to being drunk was not being susceptible to fear, so if you were drunk you could not be feared easily which is kind of cool and somewhat intuitive and along the "liquid courage" idea.

in EQ the hidden benefit was a boost to mana due to INT being lowered. Sort of a poor-persons KEI. Get drunk, INT drops, Mana bar fills but gets used fast however the better alchohol tolerance you had caused your INT to rise faster as the allchohol wore off and therefore your mana pool to rise/regen faster as well.

Quest checks when drunk I can see being possible- like faction checks.

beer-goggles? i'm not sure how that could be done, it would have to be an illusion overlay for one person only to affect every model type like all (player character desired orientation) trolls look like (player character race) or (player character desired race) if there is a dwarf with a thing for archai ...ifyaknowwhatImean.

Or maybe in one quest where you have to get drunk in order to see something that others can't , like hallucinations - pink elephants on parade!. Or have to be an alchoholic to then stop drinking to get delerium tremens hallucinations from withdrawal to get a quest from the delerium tremens induced hallucination, but thats a bit dark I think and not something to have a game be a proponent of.

This post was edited by Manouk at May 29, 2020 7:00 AM PDT
    • 368 posts
    May 29, 2020 7:27 AM PDT

Jobeson said: Reduce the con check of mobs. You are pretty sure you could take that dragon!

Hold my ale!

• 5 posts
    May 29, 2020 2:59 PM PDT

I agree in the aspect of getting drunk, or even varied levels of it, unlocking certain quests/objectives/npc dialogues. I just got done watching yesterdays stream and the drunk effects would play perfectly into what was said towards the end there.

• 207 posts
    June 7, 2020 7:28 PM PDT
    Drunk buff:+100 HP -300 ACC

Unless your a monk....then drunken fist style is unlocked