Forums » The Summoner

What class do you think will synergize best with the Summoner?

• 96 posts
    May 27, 2020 10:00 PM PDT
    Obviously skill synergies will play a massive role but I am asking overall not just complementary builds. A charm focused enchanter would be the clear king, but they can likely get groups by merely thinking about logging on. I am guessing a shaman would probably be the best combo.

Earth pet for tanking. Would be easily healed by the water pet with the slow. Their wolf would be free to always attack along with the shaman. Earth pet apparently reduces their armor so we could probably focus on physical attacks.

The stream even mentioned the shaman wind spell augments the summoner's stone based attack. That is hopefully physical to use the earth pets rend.

Who do you all think the best duo partner would be?
    • 115 posts
    May 28, 2020 9:18 AM PDT

I would say Enchanter.... than another summoner

• 452 posts
    May 28, 2020 11:51 AM PDT

As is standard, Enchanter. It's reason for the somewhat hillarious, out of the ordinary concept of a full group using 5 Summoners and an Enchanter. Or 3 Summoners and 3 Enchanters depending on how Behemoth works.

Personally, I like the idea of 5 Gnome Summoners and 1 Human Enchanter. If anything, for the spectacle of it all.

Aside for that, if only a duo, aside for Enchanter, any Healer would do if below the level to have Undine out, add to that, we don't know how good her Healing is. Further down the rung, I would say any Tank, but notably, Paladin if you decide to use a pet other than Titan and want to go more DPS focus.

• 896 posts
    June 13, 2020 12:12 PM PDT

Bard may be good if PRotF's Summoner and Bard are similar to EQ Mage and Bard.  In EQ, the Mage's "weakness" (relative term) was be the lack of CC/camp splitting/pulling and that was the Bard's niche (especially if they get a slow and snare).  

Another bonus in a duo like this is that gear would not be too competitive.