Forums » News and Announcements

May 28th Development Stream

• 768 posts
    May 30, 2020 3:54 AM PDT

Very nice youtube video. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCKDgQ7KS1Q)  I now understand why that footage needed to be lagfree. Loved it!

• 947 posts
    May 30, 2020 6:00 PM PDT

PRotF 2030

• 523 posts
    June 1, 2020 10:16 AM PDT

Buffering issues and a limited Q&A aside, I thought this month's information was solid.  The Monk animations were good, which I was worried about because I thought the previously shown Warrior animations were not.  So, I have some hope the animator is finding his stride.  The flow and the responsiveness of the abilities was excellent, so happy about that as well.  The optional Lore Keeper system is very enticing to me and something I will definitely focus on completing.  Still hope for some type of hidden collection system ala Rift or EQ2, with freeform climbing, the potential is endless.  The Patch Notes were lengthy this month and sounded encouraging.  My only concern, or thought more specifically, is that with so many new nodes and systems being implemented, it's tough to see how you can only hope to have one more Pre-Alpha phase.  It seems like PA5 will be testing these systems, and PA6 will be required to test the fixes implemented from the PA5 test.  Just too much new and large things going in over the last year or so for one testing phase to fix.

• 1277 posts
    June 1, 2020 10:20 AM PDT

Whether or not a PA6 is needed will also depend on how many people they want testing those fixes.  I don't know how many pledges there are that have access to Alpha, but I assume they'd make the decision based on if they wanted 500 people to have access or 2000 people (total random number guesses).  

• 844 posts
    June 2, 2020 12:24 AM PDT

Hilarious how everyones an expert on 'testing'.