Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Inventory Slots on the new UI

• 1019 posts
    May 1, 2020 7:16 AM PDT

On the screenshot grey box of the new AI.  I'm saddened this question wasn't asked.

There are 10 open inventory slot and 5 locked slots.  How do those 5 locked slots get unlocked?

And secondly,  will the bag we put in those slots be able to be opened (via hotkey assignment) without having to open your entire Inventory UI screen?

• 42 posts
    May 1, 2020 7:45 AM PDT

I was wondering about the 5 locked slots as well. I wonder if they're more inventory space? Potion belt-type thing? It'll be exciting to see

• 1404 posts
    May 1, 2020 8:04 AM PDT

We also were wondering that... Ruled out they are unlocked by level as we belive that charictor was level 50 (but again that was just a grey box mock up... so that might not apply)

• 724 posts
    May 1, 2020 8:48 AM PDT

I imagine that those slots are being unlocked by either simply leveling up, or by increasing your strength to a certain point.

• 1315 posts
    May 1, 2020 10:46 AM PDT

Kinda sadden that there are slots at all.  I much prefer inventories with volume and weight limits but are otherwise a sortable list.  Those locked slots could have been say Runes on your backpack that increased the volume, added a scalar weight reduction or a flat buoyancy weight negation value and you can choose which is best for you.

• 46 posts
    May 1, 2020 11:06 PM PDT

The screenshot was from a level 50 Paladin. I doubt that it is a matter of strength or level (in this case).

• 1921 posts
    May 2, 2020 6:44 AM PDT

My first thought was that the customer would be strongly encouraged go to the Store/Cash Shop/Marketplace/etc to purchase RMT currency to unlock them, as a one time money grab in addition to the monthly sub. (like GW2 and so many other modern MMO's do)  Gotta squeeze the customer, once they're faced with overwhelmingly punitive tedium & inconvenience. :D
    And/Or
    It would be gated behind an incredibly tedious series of tiered quests (one per tier of ten levels) that would unlock them, which no-one would ever do, because "paying" $5 is always easier than "doing" for 50 hours.

• 1281 posts
    May 2, 2020 1:47 PM PDT

vjek said:

My first thought was that the customer would be strongly encouraged go to the Store/Cash Shop/Marketplace/etc to purchase RMT currency to unlock them, as a one time money grab in addition to the monthly sub. (like GW2 and so many other modern MMO's do)  Gotta squeeze the customer, once they're faced with overwhelmingly punitive tedium & inconvenience. :D
    And/Or
    It would be gated behind an incredibly tedious series of tiered quests (one per tier of ten levels) that would unlock them, which no-one would ever do, because "paying" $5 is always easier than "doing" for 50 hours.

That's what you get in F2P games or pay once games. Nothing is actually free because they couldn't exist if they were.

PROTF is going to be sub to play which means they hopefully won't have any of that stuff.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at May 2, 2020 1:51 PM PDT
    • 430 posts
    May 2, 2020 1:50 PM PDT

bigdogchris said:

vjek said:

And/Or

That's what you get in F2P games or pay once games. Nothing is actually free because they couldn't exist if they were.

PROTF is going to be sub to play which means they hopefully won't have any of that stuff.

Agree , but because we cant post one word answer unless Kilson himself says Via his questions .. well I agree :P

• 1281 posts
    May 2, 2020 1:52 PM PDT

Bag slots are unlocked with mastery points.

/micdrop

• 1921 posts
    May 2, 2020 2:00 PM PDT

Ok, I admit it, I laughed at that one, bigdogchris. :-D

• 71 posts
    May 2, 2020 2:31 PM PDT

There is actually more space in this then the former inventory space we had before, so this is actually an improvement. As for how you'd unlock the extra 5 slots, they're prob tied to a stat or questline. 

As for the amount of space available, it's fine as you'd be getting 180 slots if you put a 12 slot bag on each one of those slots.
    If you need a visual of that then click the link below: 
    https://ibb.co/Rzjxw7m