Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Who Would Win - (Hypothetically) Between a...

• 9115 posts
    April 9, 2020 3:48 AM PDT

Who Would Win - (Hypothetically) Between a Dark Myr Summoner and a Gnome Summoner and why? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

• 41 posts
    April 9, 2020 4:20 AM PDT

This would depend on racial passives, which we have seen, and racial actives, which we have not.  Perhaps next Thursday we will be able to see a summoner in action.

• 99 posts
    April 9, 2020 6:14 AM PDT

I would have to go with the Dark Myr they seem more spitefull 

• 1273 posts
    April 9, 2020 6:48 AM PDT

Gnome!

• 2419 posts
    April 9, 2020 7:32 AM PDT

The passing Skar DireLord would win as he'd get a nice dinner of Fish (Dark Myr) and Chips (Gnome) by kiilling them both.

This post was edited by Vandraad at April 9, 2020 7:32 AM PDT
    • 71 posts
    April 9, 2020 7:55 AM PDT

Gnome because of Enigmatic Brilliance (which grants more Mana from each point of Intelligence) and Constant Scholar (which increases the rate at which skills improve). Thus making them capable of casting more spells that are also more then likely stronger by like X amount. Also because of their other racials Ethereal Being (which increases dodge chance by 3%) and Incantation Mastery (which grants them a 20% chance to resist Silence effects) it'll also make them difficult to fight against as they'll have a higher chance of dodging and they'll be more resistant to effects that would normally silence them. The Dark Myr's only advantage would be 10 points in Insight which is not really useful to anything outside of the Perception System. If the fight was taking place underwater and they could still breathe underwater (which has been changed so they can't breath underwater everywhere) then it'll only grant them a minor advantage in the fight as they wouldn't have to worry about air supply but due to how many other advantages the Gnome has over the Dark Myr, such a small advantage in the fight would still not be enough for them to win. The only way I can see a Dark Myr winning against a Gnome is by very careful and skillful play, otherwise the Gnome is going to be the victor in the fight due to how many racial advantages it has over it. 

tl:dr
    The Gnome Summoner would win

This post was edited by znushu at April 9, 2020 7:58 AM PDT
    • 196 posts
    April 9, 2020 8:35 AM PDT

Vandraad said:

The passing Skar DireLord would win as he'd get a nice dinner of Fish (Dark Myr) and Chips (Gnome) by kiilling them both.

Love this comment it gave good laugh...XD 

But it would depend. Playing the numbers game is not always an absolute win unless there is a level differance, or if they are geared and skills/spells differently (and other external factor, party member buffs, ect.) Racial passives shouldn't make or break a fight as well. it would depend on the skill of the players at that point and luck (as per crits)

This post was edited by Oldwargoat39 at April 9, 2020 8:44 AM PDT
    • 1399 posts
    April 9, 2020 10:33 AM PDT

Dark Myr as anyone that would choose play that absurd bastardized excuse for a Gnome obviously has very poor judgement and will likely be a easy mark in any duel.

(Sorry, no I still don't like what they've done to the "gnome" cough cough choke.....)

• 2138 posts
    April 9, 2020 11:41 AM PDT

znushu said:

Gnome because of Enigmatic Brilliance (which grants more Mana from each point of Intelligence) and Constant Scholar (which increases the rate at which skills improve). Thus making them capable of casting more spells that are also more then likely stronger by like X amount. Also because of their other racials Ethereal Being (which increases dodge chance by 3%) and Incantation Mastery (which grants them a 20% chance to resist Silence effects) it'll also make them difficult to fight against as they'll have a higher chance of dodging and they'll be more resistant to effects that would normally silence them. The Dark Myr's only advantage would be 10 points in Insight which is not really useful to anything outside of the Perception System. If the fight was taking place underwater and they could still breathe underwater (which has been changed so they can't breath underwater everywhere) then it'll only grant them a minor advantage in the fight as they wouldn't have to worry about air supply but due to how many other advantages the Gnome has over the Dark Myr, such a small advantage in the fight would still not be enough for them to win. The only way I can see a Dark Myr winning against a Gnome is by very careful and skillful play, otherwise the Gnome is going to be the victor in the fight due to how many racial advantages it has over it. 

tl:dr
    The Gnome Summoner would win

I like this post, But I, speaking without knowing, would choose to assume that the Myr would win because I assume the Myr might have more melee ability. So the Gnome could cast, sure, but the Myr could fight and cast (says the former mage that worked on melee skills and in a fluke event, stunned an equally leveled SK with a Hand-to-hand punch in an arena fight preventing a harm touch for a second.)

• 1584 posts
    April 9, 2020 11:51 AM PDT
    Dark myr would win, Gnomes are naturally very curious race and would want to understand the Dark Myr better, as for Dark Myr wants to pretty much kill everything on Terminus for simply living on Terminus, so RIP gnome, curious killed that cat, I mean gnome.
    • 1992 posts
    April 9, 2020 12:22 PM PDT

znushu said:

(which has been changed so they can't breath underwater everywhere)

Could you please tell me where/when this was revealed?

• 63 posts
    April 9, 2020 2:58 PM PDT

Gnome.  Because Dark Myr's aren't real.

• 945 posts
    April 10, 2020 7:19 PM PDT

Dark Myr, because they're use to fighting 'under pressure'.   

• 1992 posts
    April 10, 2020 7:56 PM PDT

Darch said:

Dark Myr, because they're use to fighting 'under pressure'.   

*Groan*

• 196 posts
    April 11, 2020 11:58 AM PDT

XD

• 429 posts
    April 11, 2020 4:32 PM PDT

Summoner , why ? just cause :P

• 429 posts
    April 11, 2020 4:34 PM PDT

gnome forgot to read further :P resist /dodge . okay racials matter who'd have thought :)

This post was edited by Shea at April 11, 2020 4:34 PM PDT
    • 8 posts
    April 12, 2020 1:39 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

100% this.

• 35 posts
    April 13, 2020 10:22 AM PDT

Hypothetically speaking... in dreary taverns across Terminus, Bards sing tales of a surly Gnome by the name of Master whom would ride on the shoulders of his beloved Arcamental affectionately called Blaster.  The stories conveyed in these ballads spoke of untold power that no mere Dark Myr could possibly stand against.