Forums » News and Announcements

April 2020 Producer's Letter

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    April 8, 2020 2:02 PM PDT

April showers bring... a new DevStream and Producer's Letter! At a time when the whole world is focused on Covid-19 and its far reaching effects, online worlds have stepped in to serve a larger purpose, hosting healthy social gatherings and communications. We've always intended Pantheon to become a fun escape and a refuge for all, and we've made a lot of progress 

http://pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2020_april_producers_letter/

This post was edited by Roenick at April 8, 2020 2:02 PM PDT
    • 430 posts
    April 8, 2020 2:30 PM PDT

Nice newsletter Roenick , Thank you for keeping us informed :)

• 159 posts
    April 8, 2020 5:09 PM PDT

Nice job on this newsletter Roenick.   

• 67 posts
    April 8, 2020 6:06 PM PDT

Thanks for the update Roenick! :)

• 1277 posts
    April 8, 2020 9:27 PM PDT

So many mentions of PA5!   Gonna have to scrape together some pennies and up my pledge ;-)  

• 379 posts
    April 8, 2020 11:34 PM PDT

Patch notes?

• 99 posts
    April 9, 2020 6:27 AM PDT

I'm with you Ranarius I Just cleaned out the couch cushions. Not only was there alot of PA5 talk but what I really like are the streams that showcase what Jimmy is working on and it sounds like he has been very busy. 

• 2419 posts
    April 9, 2020 7:45 AM PDT

Ranarius said:

So many mentions of PA5!   Gonna have to scrape together some pennies and up my pledge ;-)  

I wonder just how many times VR mentioned PA5 in any producer's letter, stream or roundtable in the 16 months since the end of PA4.  40?  50?  Still just 'soon'..

• 99 posts
    April 9, 2020 8:42 AM PDT

When did PA4 end?

• 287 posts
    April 9, 2020 9:30 AM PDT

with so many of us stuck at home, now would be the PERFECT time for PA5, just sayin

• 287 posts
    April 9, 2020 10:37 AM PDT

randomrob82 said:

with so many of us stuck at home, now would be the PERFECT time for Alpha, just sayin

FTFY.  Or rather, FTFMe.

• 363 posts
    April 9, 2020 10:40 PM PDT

Fragile said:

Patch notes?

I was hoping for some patch notes as well, I thought this was supposed to become standard.

• 379 posts
    April 10, 2020 12:36 AM PDT

Flossie said:

Fragile said:

Patch notes?

I was hoping for some patch notes as well, I thought this was supposed to become standard.

Just another thing gone in the wind. Consistency isn't important, apparently.

• 947 posts
    April 10, 2020 10:28 AM PDT

@Roenick - April showers bring May followers.  Is that how it goes?  :p

This post was edited by Darch at April 10, 2020 10:28 AM PDT
    • 3 posts
    April 10, 2020 12:39 PM PDT

Fragile said:

Just another thing gone in the wind. Consistency isn't important, apparently.

What other examples do you have? Thinking of investing more but I'd be interested to know what you're seeing in terms of inconsistency. 

Edit: Nvmd, saw your other post on the same topic. I imagine PA5 is coming as fast as it possibly can. I'd doubt they're just being lazy about it =) I love that they're taking their time to get things right. Hang in there bud!

This post was edited by Kalipto at April 10, 2020 12:58 PM PDT
    • 557 posts
    April 10, 2020 3:17 PM PDT

I think by "regular patch notes" they meant annually.   We had one newsletter with patch notes last Spring.   If I'm not mistaken maybe one the year before that.  

That's consistent.   :-)

On a more positive note, if you're on the fence about investing more, they have been fulfilling long-standing pledge promises from as far back as 5 years ago.   This train's running slow, but it's on the tracks and moving forward.

Everyone's got cabin fever these days and the level of discontent is greatly amplified in the forum.   People need to focus more on developer activity and less on the sub-text.   Devs are not doing the right things, focused in the wrong areas, communicating too little, communicating too much...   Granted it's like watching paint dry, but who does that.   Take your kids for a walk.  Binge on Netflix.  Wait for the next announcement and enjoy when it comes.   

I'm not a fanboy, just not a negative person by nature.  Find some positive way to contribute or wait and put your attention elsewhere.  Nothing wrong with disappearing from the Pantheon forum for a few months.  When I feel despair over Pantheon, I go play another game and realize how much I want VR to succeed.

#ContributeOrChill

• 7 posts
    April 10, 2020 8:49 PM PDT

So Um Alpha From home? Please? :P Thank you guys, stay safe!!!

This post was edited by Newgraves at April 10, 2020 8:50 PM PDT
    • 2 posts
    April 15, 2020 12:23 PM PDT

Ready for this game

• 5 posts
    April 15, 2020 2:24 PM PDT

Great work

• 6 posts
    April 24, 2020 3:28 PM PDT

I can't wait to get into this game, It looks amazing.

• 2 posts
    April 26, 2020 10:54 AM PDT

I saw in the April news something about Naming an NPC if you have that as part of your pledge package. I can't find that in the pledge level page. What level do you have to be for that?

This post was edited by Bloodwurst at April 26, 2020 10:54 AM PDT
    • 5 posts
    April 26, 2020 12:09 PM PDT
    • VR Staff
    • 323 posts
    April 26, 2020 2:18 PM PDT

Bloodwurst said:

I saw in the April news something about Naming an NPC if you have that as part of your pledge package. I can't find that in the pledge level page. What level do you have to be for that?

That is a retired pledge reward for some pledges prior to October 2015.

• 1281 posts
    April 26, 2020 4:15 PM PDT

Artois said:

Bloodwurst said:

That is a retired pledge reward for some pledges prior to October 2015.

Not that this pledge impacts me but for those that do get the NPC naming reward, will the fact that it was part of the naming pledge be commented somewhere in the NPC code so that future developers don't change it for any reason?

This post was edited by bigdogchris at April 26, 2020 4:16 PM PDT