Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What classes are left?

• 801 posts
    April 6, 2020 6:00 AM PDT

What classes do we have left to be developed? and will we be seeing the summoner in action soon on youtube?

I am eager to see the classes, and how they will perform. I am huge on the pet class, but i am hearing rumors that we will not be able to control pets as a utility option?

What would you love to see next streamed..

Thx

• 41 posts
    April 6, 2020 6:15 AM PDT

As we have not seen a summoner, I would love to see what they are all about.  I do not want to see every detail for every class.  I want to see the basics.  I think surprise is a great thing.

• 99 posts
    April 6, 2020 6:19 AM PDT

Dont get me wrong, I like seeing all of the class play streams and think the Shaman breakdown was amazing, even without any real gameplay. But I would love to see a deeper dive into the Enchanter, Dire Lord, and Rogue at the same level they did with the shaman. Those are the three classes im most interested in. I have watched all of the game play streams on these three classes over and over again already  but they might be a little dated. With all the recent progress that seems to have been made I would be really interested to see how these classes might have progressed or what changes might have been made to them. The break down of spells and abilities discussing certain situations that might arise where one skill or the other would be needed and how these abilities and spells synergize with other classes would be cool. 

• 79 posts
    April 6, 2020 7:10 AM PDT

bard necro summoner enchanter wizard i think

• 51 posts
    April 6, 2020 7:14 AM PDT

It would be great to see a class reveal from the crowd-control/utility group role.  Hopefully the enchanter and/or the bard are on display soon!

• 2419 posts
    April 6, 2020 7:50 AM PDT

Well, you haven't seen a showcase the likes of the Shaman that was just done for the Monk, Ranger, Druid, Summoner, Wizard or Enchanter.

• 523 posts
    April 6, 2020 7:59 AM PDT

I'm really interested in the Wizard breakdown now that we know "Essence" is the 4th magic school along with Fire, Arcane, and Cold.  I'm hoping that means a Blood Mage or Shadow Priest playstyle where the Wizard can potentially do some healing through damage.

• 196 posts
    April 6, 2020 10:19 AM PDT

@vandread can you link me that post of Monk if you can I want to explore that alot more.

This post was edited by Oldwargoat39 at April 6, 2020 10:22 AM PDT
    • 2419 posts
    April 6, 2020 10:43 AM PDT

Oldwargoat39 said:

@vandread can you link me that post of Monk if you can I want to explore that alot more.

What I said was you have not seen any showcases of those classes like we just saw with the Shaman.

• 379 posts
    April 6, 2020 10:49 AM PDT
    Don't forget Paladin!
    • 79 posts
    April 6, 2020 1:38 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

Well, you haven't seen a showcase the likes of the Shaman that was just done for the Monk, Ranger, Druid, Summoner, Wizard or Enchanter.

there was never a summoner showcase ever

• 36 posts
    April 6, 2020 1:48 PM PDT

Has there been anything on Druid?  Maybe I overlooked it?  I would love to see more on them.  While we haven't gone in depth on each of them, the Warrior, Rogue, Wizard, Enchanter, Monk, and Cleric have all had significant group time in streams which at least gives you some understanding of each. 

• 137 posts
    April 6, 2020 3:16 PM PDT

Taldaas said:

Has there been anything on Druid?  Maybe I overlooked it?  I would love to see more on them.  While we haven't gone in depth on each of them, the Warrior, Rogue, Wizard, Enchanter, Monk, and Cleric have all had significant group time in streams which at least gives you some understanding of each. 

We saw the druid in one stream only, iirc. The dude who streamed it didn't cast his "call lightning" ability one time, NOT ONCE. And that alone drove me insane.

• 521 posts
    April 6, 2020 3:42 PM PDT

Interesting how we only think of the adventuring roles as classes when we would have more diversity and specialization if we included the non-combat roles as Classes.

Less Theme park, More Sandbox.

• 196 posts
    April 7, 2020 12:35 AM PDT

Vandraad said:

Oldwargoat39 said:

What I said was you have not seen any showcases of those classes like we just saw with the Shaman.

oh ok now I understand thanks for clearifing I was just alittle confoosed

• 801 posts
    April 7, 2020 2:21 PM PDT

Awesome guys, hope we do see more with the other classes. Sure we can Alpha in and get to know them but i really like to see them up front. This would plan our first roles to play out. Constructive topic thanks.

• 1281 posts
    April 8, 2020 1:30 PM PDT

With 100% certainty, all classes are left to be developed. They are just in various stages of completeness. Many of the classes we saw in previous streams like Monk, Warrior. Paladin, Rogue, etc were at very specific level ranges. For all we know they do not have a complete level 1-50 build of them done yet. So again, we've just not seen the Summoner in action like we have those. I do not believe any one class is further behind or ahead in development; well, maybe other than Necro and Bard but those are not guaranteed to be launch classes.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at April 8, 2020 1:38 PM PDT
    • 79 posts
    April 8, 2020 4:06 PM PDT

heyve specificly said major parts of the summoner are not done yet

bigdogchris said:

With 100% certainty, all classes are left to be developed. They are just in various stages of completeness. Many of the classes we saw in previous streams like Monk, Warrior. Paladin, Rogue, etc were at very specific level ranges. For all we know they do not have a complete level 1-50 build of them done yet. So again, we've just not seen the Summoner in action like we have those. I do not believe any one class is further behind or ahead in development; well, maybe other than Necro and Bard but those are not guaranteed to be launch classes.

they specificlly said one time that major portions of the summoner class are simpley not done yet, we havent even seen the summoner pets in game yet not a one only a concept art /model so  summoners are or where definately behind, probably because our pets are more involved, and some of the  skills sound like a codeing nightmare... summon walls.. going to be a challenge to get that to work right, or grapple, and weaponize object sounds like a codeing nightmare

• 159 posts
    April 8, 2020 5:26 PM PDT

I agree with Crazzie here. Would love to see the Summoner.

• 238 posts
    April 11, 2020 3:36 PM PDT

I think the only classes left in development are Summoner/Pet AI systems, the Bard, and the Necromancer. I guess you could also say that the druid and shaman are still unfinished as well due to the pet AI being worked on. That's the primary reason we haven't seen a summoner showcase yet or much of the shaman's pet or the druid's Hirode summon. 

This post was edited by Baldur at April 11, 2020 3:38 PM PDT
    • 264 posts
    April 11, 2020 3:39 PM PDT

It would be great to see that the class design is more fleshed out, yes the summoner should be their next showcase for sure. But personally I'd really like to see the bard even though that's not a guarantee for launch!

• 430 posts
    April 11, 2020 3:41 PM PDT

Summoner FTW :) 

• 801 posts
    April 28, 2020 11:40 AM PDT

Yeah it would be awesome to see the showcase of the summoner. When do we think we might see it?

• 801 posts
    April 28, 2020 11:41 AM PDT

Ziegfried said:

It would be great to see that the class design is more fleshed out, yes the summoner should be their next showcase for sure. But personally I'd really like to see the bard even though that's not a guarantee for launch!

A bard class showcase would be fun to see. I might even switch over if its anything like i have played before. Bard, Necro (depending if its cool or not), and a summoner. I have played many classes in different games but i tend to stay away from the warrior class, because 2 button mashing isnt my thing.

• 1281 posts
    April 28, 2020 8:56 PM PDT

Crazzie said:

Yeah it would be awesome to see the showcase of the summoner. When do we think we might see it?

I believe I recall hearing Jason say in one of his streams that pet specific coding is not done yet and it's something he's going to be working on soon.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at April 28, 2020 8:58 PM PDT