Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Necromancer Tab - Class Discussion

• 67 posts
    March 31, 2020 6:22 PM PDT

Anyone else think we need a Necromancer tab under class discussion?

I know its not confirmed if it will be in at launch - but Bard has not been confirmed yet either and it has a tab...that way we can theory craft and discuss them :)

Thanks,

• 109 posts
    March 31, 2020 11:29 PM PDT

I've wanted this for years.

• 839 posts
    April 1, 2020 2:40 AM PDT

Lets make it this one and maybe it will get ported across when they open it up.

Was excited to hear the CC element, but also happy to see that necro retains a dps element.  Was my 1st class in eq and loved it so much, it was a class that had such a unique feel in EQ, I always loved the CC flare that necro in EQ had but was so often under utilised, its what got me interested in eventually going full CC with a chanter.

I wonder if there will be any kind of spell line that turns an opponent to undead status and then allows a cleric / paly to go to town? I always wished that DD in EQ that turned mobs into skeles let you use undead banishments on them, maybe they allowed for that in later expansions

Would be cool to see this kind of thing in Pantheon 

• 2756 posts
    April 1, 2020 5:36 AM PDT

Hokanu said:

Lets make it this one and maybe it will get ported across when they open it up.

Was excited to hear the CC element, but also happy to see that necro retains a dps element.  Was my 1st class in eq and loved it so much, it was a class that had such a unique feel in EQ, I always loved the CC flare that necro in EQ had but was so often under utilised, its what got me interested in eventually going full CC with a chanter.

I wonder if there will be any kind of spell line that turns an opponent to undead status and then allows a cleric / paly to go to town? I always wished that DD in EQ that turned mobs into skeles let you use undead banishments on them, maybe they allowed for that in later expansions

Good call. I always found in EQ that anti-undead abilities were so rare to be needed (even against undead, often).

Some synergy with Necromancer would be very interesting.

• 42 posts
    April 1, 2020 9:20 AM PDT

Good call. I always found in EQ that anti-undead abilities were so rare to be needed (even against undead, often).

Some synergy with Necromancer would be very interesting.

VR has said that tanks will each have an instannce where they would excel over the others, such as higher tier zones that are undead-only, or raid bosses where the Dire Lord would excel. I imagine that anti-undead spells from the Necromancer would be useful in similar instances as well

• 1479 posts
    April 1, 2020 9:53 AM PDT

Hokanu said:

I really love that idea, as it will make paladins and cleric more effective in non undead areas, which could be a dealbreaker for some encounters, also empowering the synergy between different and "opposite" classes.

It could also be expanded to other classes like making a target deal a portion of it's physical damage into magical damage so Direlords gets a way to counteract their lack of physical mitigation, or the inverse for warriors, just to name some "tank adaptation possibilities".

• 99 posts
    April 1, 2020 11:45 AM PDT

I always viewed the necro class in EQ as mainly a solo class with Pantheon gearing heavily towards group content it will be interesting to see how they plan to make the necro a more group oriented class. The above idea from Hokanu would be a giant step in that direction for sure.

• 79 posts
    April 1, 2020 3:56 PM PDT

id like to see a spell like  you parasitize a monster and does dot  then out pops a pet which then attacks its former host i see necromancers more controll  than in eq but its just a guess

• 839 posts
    April 1, 2020 4:22 PM PDT
    @Quseio2017 nice one, or maybe a dot that re animates the mob as a short term pet if you kill it before the dot wears off, if you don't kill it though the mob goes into a crazy bezerk rage with insane amounts of threat on the necro.
    • 67 posts
    April 2, 2020 1:31 AM PDT

@Quseio2017 I had a similar idea, but more focused on CC. The necro could summon something like a facehugger, that, when sent to an opponent, will mez him. That way, the necro has a very fast one time mez. 

When the mez wears off, the facehugger disappears. If some more flavor should be added, a pet could spawn when the mob dies.

• 316 posts
    April 2, 2020 11:13 PM PDT

I just hope necromancers actually reanimate corpses to use as pets, be they permanent or temporary.

• 14 posts
    April 3, 2020 7:58 AM PDT

I loved the playstyle of the EQ Necromancers, so they better be in at launch :)